Stealth attacks on the AI now possible - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 03:03 AM   #21
Jester2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrazen View Post
Yeah that's a bigger deal than it sounds, proper AI that doesn't cheat is a rare thing out there, Starcraft 2 is one that also does it right AFAIK, but otherwise in entertainment gaming the AI's always seem to see stuff they shouldn't.
They still cheat in DCS (for example, through simplified and unrealistic flight models) just not through sensors.
Jester2138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:33 PM   #22
blkspade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
They still cheat in DCS (for example, through simplified and unrealistic flight models) just not through sensors.
Yeah, but the fact the AI will CFIT from time to time under stress kind of make up for that.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #23
Katmandu

To continue the thread, i have now discovered that it seems AI may loose sight during dogfight. In the previous video the AI F-15 never knew about my existence, here the Su-27 saw me and then lost me it seems. Not sure if it's the clouds or not, but it is still super nice to have!
I'm in the 16 here, radar off.

Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #24
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Nice. Forces some questions:
Is AI able to use Datalink to be aware of non emitting threats?

Is AI able to be warned by early warning systems like AWACS?

Do AI Wingmen warn each other if one sees a stealthy threat?
If the AI is done well, it gets to be a modular and it is not one AI "instance" that is running, but each unit gets their own AI that is required to communicate with others to get a different situational awareness, and be able to perform autonomously with the limited information they can get by itself. Be it own sensor beam FOV, their visual scanning FOV, their prebriefing of possible locations, and their memory of the last seen positions, vectors etc. There should be delays between communications (information sharing), delays in reaction times, even some randomness, like I would like to see a AI pilot to do panic flaring in such case when they spot just missile trail coming toward etc.

Then it would be nice to see AI to perform the expected searches, like have the flight pattern for search, try to find the lost or expected enemy etc by some randomness, instead directly knowing what is where. If they lose the target, not to fly directly ahead blindly to their rear, but to perform "crazy ivan".

In flights they would perform the random checks to their six by the wingmens, do the turns, separations etc to get the different headings and perspective and really put challenge to everyone.

Last edited by Fri13; 10-12-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Fri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #25
Shadow KT

they definitely feel a lot more player like, but they need some more tweaking like trying to take chancy shots while doing scissors and so on.

track here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GS...xVO-LswpsBbIdq

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote