AFM and AFM+

martinistripes

Just curious, I was looking at an old module matrix of which aircraft had what flight model; It said the Su-25 had AFM+ whereas the Su-25T had AFM. Did the Su-25T ever get AFM+ or does the Su-25 still have an advantage?

A quick search dug up posts from 2014 or so. Nothing recent. Thanks.

Edited by martinistripes

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Still not clear. I already read the text you quoted but it's from an old post. I just want to know does the Su-25 still have the better flight model. Or did the T model get upgraded to the same standard over the years?

(Nice bike by the way)

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

The Su25T still has AFM, the flight model is of the same standard as AFM+. The fuel and hydraulic modeling adds next to no difference.

Just to add, having a less detailed FM does not give you an advantage unless the FM is created for arcade. The FM's designed within this sim have all been given realistic limitations, even SFM, that don't allow for advantageous maneuvers. What the AI can do though is a different matter.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Here's an example of the difference, based on an observation I made earlier today with SimShaker, the Su-25A has an extra option for landing gear induced vibrations, implying it has an extra datapoint over the T they can pull from.

It's a minuscule difference. More significant is the T 3d model is even more dated, with crappy LoDs on the plane and some weapons (40k vs 80k polys, when the current standard is ballparkish 150k).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2