Erich Brunotte FW190D9 Livery

Mainstay

After reading http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2138446&postcount=1 i thought it would be a great honor to Erich to have the livery ingame of his FW190D9.

Was searching for some info and came across this bad quality piece of paper

hKQDyo1.jpg

Looking at IV/JG51 Flensburg 1945 i found this picture. White 6 is not in there but Erich will probably know where his bird was.

YIhq2o5.jpg

And this was the pilot of white 11

xq7rw27.jpg

The site where i found the picture of this pilot didnt know who he was.

White 11

K1fAPp0.jpg

A few questions for Erich that maybe Yo-Yo can ask him. Community help also kicks in here since alot of the ww2 guys have books with usefull data etc.

1 - Did Erich fly white 6 in IV/jg51?

2 - Is the livery displayed the same on white 6 when Erich flew her?

3 - Does Erich know who the pilot was of white 11 and what is his name?

4 - Can ED make an official skin of Erichs FW190D9 livery to honor him for the help he gave ED to make this beautifull plane to what it is in DCS?

Edited by Mainstay
  • Like 2

g8PjVMw.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea.

Erich flew the Weisse 6 in IV/JG51, as the text says. The paintscheme seems to be different however from Weisse 11, there are handwritten remarks saying: upper fuselage a spotted blend of greys, lower fuselage light blue.

Would be interesting to find out who the pilot in the picture was. I also saw both those pictures from Flensburg in the FW Jagdflugzeuge book by Peter Rodeicke. Erich's last flight was on May 3rd 1945, landing in Flensburg (says in the text).

MAC

aye, nice idea!

btw, also interesting is this:

Erlaubnis für folgende Flugzeugtypen: ..... Bf-109 - E,T,F,G,K,.....

translated:

Allowed to fly the following types of aircrafts: ..... Bf-109 - E,T,F,G,K,.....

the 109T was designed for use on the graf zeppelin, so with this line in your document, he seems to have trained for this.

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I also agree. Great idea!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Really great idea! :)

the 109T was designed for use on the graf zeppelin, so with this line in your document, he seems to have trained for this.
Not necessarily. The 109 Ts that were already been built were used as normal day and night fighters in some units when the graf zeppelin project was stopped.

great idea. can't wait for some new skins for Dora, no matter what. this is an awesome bird!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I think Yo-Yo said he requested a copy of the sim so he probably enjoy it :)

Would love to get live instructions from a real luftwaffe pilot online.

Would be an amazing expierence if he could talk people through startup, taxi and takeoff stages with additional info.

Maybe some day

g8PjVMw.png

Would love to get live instructions from a real luftwaffe pilot online.

Would be an amazing expierence if he could talk people through startup, taxi and takeoff stages with additional info.

Maybe some day

Or perhaps some small series of videos where he comments on various topics. Might that be just some technical aspects or maybe even better, some anecdotes that would be illustrated by in-game footage.

Or perhaps some small series of videos where he comments on various topics. Might that be just some technical aspects or maybe even better, some anecdotes that would be illustrated by in-game footage.

That would be absolutly awesome. I guess its a dream.

• ED Team

In July we had an opportunity to show Erich DCS and Dora, he flew it a lot. He said that he feels lack of acceleration information to say exactly if the model is absolutely correct but he flew DCS Dora very professional regardless of the fact that it was his first time in simming. Views management was something that confused him... 180 deg half-dome would be better for him :)

And the last issue was our game controllers... very light centering plays its role.

Anyway, then I began to fly and ask if some flight modes are right or not. It was the most fruitful part of our conversation because I got some priceless hints how to fly it or what MP was typical for a final approach, etc, etc.

We have a lot of raw video with Erich, including his interview, so we are working on the video now. It's not very easy because the material requires German-English translation.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me