how to transfer 2.1 with Nevada from SSD to hard drive?

fitness88

• ED Team

you can just cut and paste the DCS folder to the new location.

The only thing you need to do then is update any links on the desktop or start menu to point to the new location.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What does changing the registry PATH do? Both locations will run when I click on the respective DCS.exe files in the bin folder?

We used to do that to make other DCS installs on the PC "know" where the remaining ones are (so that during updates, they copy as many files from each other as possible and only downloading the rest). I believe nowadays one can do the same easier by editing one of the files in the main game folder, though I'm not at my PC and can't check its name now.

Saved Games always remain on the system drive.

Performance impact - none whatsoever on framerate obviously, but very noticeable on mission loading times and stutters.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks all for that great info!

As mentioned I haven't seen any performance impact. Tonight I'll fly a more graphic intensive mission and see about stutters. What would be a good way to test for stutter?

Las Vegas city center and TrackIR ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%