WOW! Normandy !!!!

:thumbup:

I am SO GLAD I decided to buy Normandy... It can be heavy on my old rig ( i5 2500 + gtx 960 4 GB ), specially in the recently released Campaign, and evn at some online MP servers with lot's of objects, but even that way it is smooth enough for good play,

I couldn't get back to the Caucasus Map, although I will for sure return as soon as it get's upgraded to 2.0.

Then, the unique representation of the Spit IX, well, make my days as a simmer :-)

Another very nice surprise was to notice how better object identification is in 2.1.1, at least in the Normandy Map.

Overall, a very satisfied customer ( again... )

• Like 1

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

+1.

As soon as Normandy hit, I dumped 1.5.x. Normandy is a delight for helicopter flight, and low-level warbird fun. Love it.

That said, just like you, I cannot wait for 2.5 with the new Caucasus. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

+1 again

After getting Normandy and setting things up to get that terrific map looking good,I too dumped my DCS World 1.5 and haven't looked back since.

However,my poor little 232 GB SSD has taken a right clobber over the last few weeks,loading everything on it,I think I only have a poultry 12 GB left on it !

All I need is DCS to make a big update on it,and I could be in trouble.

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

+1 again

After getting Normandy and setting things up to get that terrific map looking good,I too dumped my DCS World 1.5 and haven't looked back since.

However,my poor little 232 GB SSD has taken a right clobber over the last few weeks,loading everything on it,I think I only have a poultry 12 GB left on it !

All I need is DCS to make a big update on it,and I could be in trouble.

+1 here

I havn't tried out normandy yet, as my SSD has just not enough space available. Will definitely go for some sim-dedicated SSD (500 Gig), to store my DCS & Steel Beasts Installs on it... :thumbup:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

Same here Normandy and the Gazelle have been my goto even for just joy flying in VR. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yes, anything you own can be flown in any map.

Thanks, is it the same size as Caucasus map and will there be a noticeable improvement in both graphics and performance?

Edit: The map measures 267 x 348 kilometers...I think it's a bit small for fighter jets?

Edited by fitness88

just watched dunquerque movie yesterday, now i want a spitfire lol

Me too, when I grow up I want to be Tom Hardy.

Did anyone else notice he must have checked the 'Unlimited Ammo' box in the options?

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Yes, Normandy looks good, but I didn't dump 1.57. I didn't realize we could just install both separately so easy. So, no reason to get rid of anything. Flying the A-10C on Normandy is just wrong, so I don 't do it.

When we go to 2.5. Which one of my installs will be used? 1.57 or 2.1?

Buzz

When we go to 2.5. Which one of my installs will be used? 1.57 or 2.1?

You shouldn't consider your installs by version number but by development track. ED has a release, open beta and open alpha track running at the same time. When v2.5 is ready it may first appear on the open alpha track but it will certainly appear on the open beta track before moving to the release track.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I wasn't expecting an answer like that. So, it could appear on both of my installs. What will the final install be? Will I delete both of my installs and d/l 2.5, or keep just one of my installs. This is slightly confusing.

Buzz

You shouldn't ever need to download a new installation for v2.5. Eventually, assuming your 1.5.7 is the release track, your v1.5.7 will update to v2.5. Of course, this is a bit of speculation based on how the current system of updates is working.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: