Changes in 1.5.4

I suspect some of the FM changes are based on Klaus Plasas notes, who has experience with several G models of the Flugmuseum Messerschmidt. If you are looking for credible present day information on the 109, these guys are the way to go. http://www.flugmuseum-messerschmitt.de/messerschmitt/flugzeug/me109-g10/index.html

The G models are said to have virtually no buffeting, gentle stall characteristics and easy recovery. These attributes are probably mostly due to the slats allowing some aileron control and lateral stability even after most of the wing has stalled. The complete absence of buffeting seems a little weird though. In another thread a while ago someone had posted a really nice NACA study film about slats.

I remember reading some of that NACA study about the slats a good while back. I went to the link to read some and I couldn't find much information to read. (probably doesn't help that I don't speak German) Anyways, the main problem is there is absolutely no pre-stall buffeting in the 109 currently which isn't how it's supposed to be from everything I've read.

New flight model or not, nothing's stopping me from annihilating those k4s. Just like in il2 1946 lol.

you better have a friend with you... ;) 1 Vs.1 is a tall order. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I noticed the prop moving / (windmilling?) on a cold plane for the first time yesterday.

I'm also pretty sure that your require less power now to start rolling from a stand-still. Looks to be more like what it should be from the video's I've seen. So pretty pleased with that :)

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• 5 weeks later...
you better have a friend with you... ;) 1 Vs.1 is a tall order. :)

im used to it, pretty simple, you see you get to about 15k, and then you pour on the coal, spiral climb (those slats work against him in this scenario), he dives, hi yo yos, get on his six, lag pursuit and BAM, i can waltz with them on the deck, as long as my speed is up.

:doh:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Second thing being the dreaded smudges on the cockpit glass. I have been flying the 51 a lot lately and there are no annoying smudges on the cockpit glass, but instead a very slight homogenous dirt film. I personally find the dirt smudges really distracting and would rather like it similar to the 51 or even better completely removed. I think a bit of dirt close to the frame adds to immersion, but these smudges in the middle of the windshield are completely unnecessary. :smilewink:

This is the thing that I just don't understand in simulations.

First the scream for realism by users, then the legacy aircrafts are modeled so accurately that they even have the dirt and wearing in cockpit. And then people want those removed.

And here comes my question, why are the legacy aircrafts modeled first in the conditions they are in the museums or scrap yards _today_, instead like how they were on the day they were manufactured or couple years after taking to service?

Then comes the other question, who as a crew chief or as a pilot, would accept so dirty windows that you can't see outside as good as possible? When in legacy aircrafts the engagement ranges are very small for visual detection (ie. max visual detection range for Mig-21Bis is 8.5km, while max for F-14 is 14.x kilometers) then why to even make it worse?

In a dog fight it is crucial that you can keep your eye on the enemy and not to lose it as that is likely game-over -situation. So here we are having a problems with low resolution displays (4K displays has low resolution compared to real world) and we have problems with target enlargement modeling and then finally we are having amount of dirt in our cockpits from last 20 years!

Like is there a plan to give a virtual rag to us so we could virtually wipe and polish the windshields while on parking lot waiting engines starting etc? That would be funny "mini-game" inside a simulator. And if we are good virtual pilots, maybe we could get a ground crew member to put ladders on and climb up to clean the windshields.....

For texture artists, I understand the talents and effort required to weather the models. But there are points after the texturing goes over. Like you can have some dirt in the corners and edges where you can't get piece of rag easily, or where you can't get your hand inside so easily. But the usual areas are kept clean.

So I would vote (if possible) to get a new texture options in the DCS settings, where we can choose from different cockpit textures by official. At least two versions. One for the clean factory version. No wearing, no dirt, no micro fractures etc. One for common wearing that couple years in service would take. So there is some scratches, there are some dust and smudges. And then a total wear out texture like Mig-21Bis has where you spot enemy aircraft at 1km range when it comes bigger than average dust spackle!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yeah I was always curious about the choice of super worn cocpits in WW2 fighter sims. It seems to be the norm, even though these aircraft in reality barely flew more than a couple of dozen hours in wartime before being shot down.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

...were on the day they were manufactured or couple years after taking to service?

Diiba daaba. Käytä päätäs. The planes they've been modelled from do physically exist TODAY, instead of what may have - or may have not - existed back in the day. Tajuutsä?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.