6 November update

159th_Viper

It looks like the F-18 is going to be in early access for another 5 years.

Don't worry - I'm sure you're looking wrong :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

+1

They need to emphasize this Early Access things so the forum shouldn't be flooded with countless whining and moaning instead of constructive feedback.

Reading what Matt post, I feel we're close to EA. Well, I hope

exactly!!! although I don't really like releasing the f-18 with less than 10% of it's capabilities, I really think they did the right thing to let us know what we're going to face at early access, anyone who doesn't like it this way (like me) can wait for a while until the hornet is complete! as simple as that!!!

Just like Wags' said - early access isn't for everyone but for many it is. Me and many of my collegues are taking Hornet in EA as it is in present state. We will master all it can offer right now, will post bugs in proper way in proper part of the forum and will patiently wait for updates and upgrades. All people that don't like this idea just forget about it and please don't whine and let us get it. Please.

That's the spirit.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Don't worry - I'm sure you're looking wrong :D

I meant 90% of the weapons and sensors will come after the "Early Access".

Thats still an Early Acces for me :music_whistling: and knowing the speed of development of ED, I think I'm not so mistaken.

But one way or another this is the best time of DCS since the release of the A-10C.

Looking forward to 2.5, F/A-18C, F-14, F-4 and AV-8B :pilotfly:

One should prolly learn the basics before ya start slinging amraams...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If the early release is only part of what the plane will have later. Will it have a manual? Training missions? Missions? Carrier to land and launch from?

Or, will it be........here's the plane, see if you can figure it out.

Buzz

That's why I actually prefer to start a module during EA. It really lets you learn systems as they come online and it helps not to get overwhelmed.

You get overwhelmed because you try to learn everything at once, you don't need early access for that. You dont need to know how to drop dumb bombs to fire an amraam or maverick.

To be honest I'm really tired of today standards of realeasing Early Access for anything.

I know this is not the case with Eagle Dynamics but 90% of the games with early access end up beeing unfinished or really bad developed. Thats why I don't buy early access anymore.

I repeat this is not the case of ED, we know they make quality products and probably have the highest standards in simulations.

Am I going to buy the F/A-18C Early Access? probably yes, I've (we) been waiting for this plane for years now.

I still don't understand why the early access will come without precision bombs and agm-65.

Well, most of the weapons on the list are new in DCS, never used before on human pilots so i guess they need time for a complete representation.

This is the first time we are going to use laser mavs, Harms,JSOW, Harpoons, etc.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

A manual would be nice but if it meant holding up the release in any way then I say release the manual later when it’s ready. After all, it doesn’t look like we will be getting any of the more advanced, sophisticated systems in the EA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

True, but personally i really appreciate a manual with the Early Access. Even one incomplete

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Some people will disagree not having a manual.

Fair enough but I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want ED to release the EA if the manual isn't ready. Unless I'm missing something, what difference would it make to those wanting one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just another thing that needs constant revision and creates complaints about how the lack of updating has completely ruined someone's virtual air force experience

i think its pretty whatever, manual or not, if youre actually interested you'll find the information you need

considering this aircraft already exists in reality

Edited by probad

Because the extra difficulty to learn from the beggining a so complex plane without a manual at hand.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You get overwhelmed because you try to learn everything at once, you don't need early access for that. You dont need to know how to drop dumb bombs to fire an amraam or maverick.

To be honest I'm really tired of today standards of realeasing Early Access for anything.

I know this is not the case with Eagle Dynamics but 90% of the games with early access end up beeing unfinished or really bad developed. Thats why I don't buy early access anymore.

I repeat this is not the case of ED, we know they make quality products and probably have the highest standards in simulations.

Am I going to buy the F/A-18C Early Access? probably yes, I've (we) been waiting for this plane for years now.

I still don't understand why the early access will come without precision bombs and agm-65.

What works for one person doesn't work for another. I find that only having access to a few things at once helps me master those systems before moving on to others, so it doesn't bother me that they aren't available.

Along those same lines Early Access isn't for everyone. I have no problem with it most of the time, I play a bit of the game to see what it's like, then don't touch it until a patch, or until it is finished.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo