6 November update

159th_Viper

Via Eagle Dynamics Facebook for those that don't do FBook:

There have been a lot of questions regarding what sensors and weapons will be available at the launch of the early access DCS: F/A-18C Hornet. This decision is based on balancing a great, first experience, while getting quickly into the hands of those prefer early access adoption. We realize that early access is not for everyone, but for many, it is. If you prefer a completed product, we ask that you wait for the final release. Take that time to monitor previews and early access reports to make an informed purchase.

We believe that starting with the more “simple” systems at early access roll-out allows a more shallow learning curve at the start. By then adding new systems gradually, it introduces the Hornet’s sensors and weapons in a more structured manner… much like what a real Hornet pilot goes through when learning the aircraft. This also allows us more time to fully develop the more complex systems in a way that delivers the most realistic experience possible.

Note that this is all very much subject to change for our mid-2000s F/A-18C USN Hornet.

Sensors:

A/A radar with RWS, STT, and ACM modes

Weapons:

Mk-82 series

Mk-83 series

Mk-84 series

Mk-77 Fire Bomb

CBU-99 and Mk-20 Cluster Bombs

BDU-33 Training Bomb

BDU-45 Training Bomb

2.75 inch rockets

5 inch rockets

20mm cannon

AIM-9L/M and CATM Sidewinder

AIM-7F/M/P Sparrow

Following the early access release, we plan to include many more sensors, weapons, and decoys for the final product. Please note that this list is also subject to change:

Sensors:

A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Link-16

AWW-13 Datalink Pod

Weapons:

AGM-88C HARM

AGM-45A/B Shrike

AGM-84D Block 1C Harpoon

AGM-84E SLAM

AGM-84H SLAM-ER

AGM-65E Maverick

AGM-65F/G Maverick

AGM-154A JSOW

AGM-154C JSOW

Walleye I ER/DL

Walleye II ER/DL

GBU-10 Paveway II

GBU-12 Paveway II

GBU-16 Paveway II

GBU-24B/B Paveway III

GBU-38 JDAM

GBU-31 JDAM

GBU-32 JDAM

AIM-9X Sidewinder

AIM-120B/C AMRAAM

Mk-40 Destructor Sea Mine

Mk-63 Quickstrike Sea Mine

Decoys:

ADM-141 TALD

GEN-X

Thanks

Sound plan - cannot wait to get my hands on this :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah, noticed but could not comment on the pleasantness in that closed thread. Definitely deserves a specific mention :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Sorry if it was mentioned elsewhere, but what about the aircraft carrier? Will it be included in the Early Access stage?

I suppose it will be sold separately. Maybe a low res version with limited functionality will be included, but that's only my guess.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Imho they try to speed up and release it at the end of december. It is good but ...

With this spec Hornet would be aircraft like F-5, not a multirole at all. I was looking forward to a new systems and weapons and i would rather wait for it to spring.

It is very early early early access version and i'm disappointed from this post from Wags.

I hope that ED finish this aircraft and not stop progress in development like they do with czech L-39 witch hasn't czech cockpit.

Good luck ED, 2018 The year of Carrier Ops

I'll probably wait for the completed version as there is no A/G radar, waited this long I can wait a bit more. Although, not too much more, I'm on the wrong side of 60.

Besides, I'll probably still be learning and flying the Harrier for quite awhile.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Just like Wags' said - early access isn't for everyone but for many it is. Me and many of my collegues are taking Hornet in EA as it is in present state. We will master all it can offer right now, will post bugs in proper way in proper part of the forum and will patiently wait for updates and upgrades. All people that don't like this idea just forget about it and please don't whine and let us get it. Please.

Well.....hopefully they get the additional weapons on board quickly, the lack of a pod and PGM's is going to be quite limiting for a while. On the positive side, I recently read a account of a Hornet pilot from the gulf war who talked about the iron bombs and how much they preferred the Mk 83. They thought they were just the right amount of "punch", with the Mk 84 being heavier than needed most of the time. So it will be nice to have Mk 83's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I cannot wait for early access, I have a problem with trying to learn too much at once so having it come out in stages will be kinda good for me so I can master just flying the jet and then get better with weapons employment as new stuff get released.

Just like ED/Wags said these stages will let you learn stuff in stages just like real life! Also most live missile shots in training for USN/USAF pilots are using old stocks of AIM-7's not new, expensive AMRAAMs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Happy to take the early access, I’ll get an early start...

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

not acceptable by me, I'll only pay for a F/A-18C not for F/A-18A!!!! I'll buy it when those weapons are acceptable as a mid 2000 hornet!!! probably gonna fly harrier for a while!!!!

Heh, on the other hand, I'd pay extra to have the F/A-18A or early C standards available as well.

I wonder if ED ever considered to release several variants of the same module?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'll be very happy to purchase Early Access, this is a module i truly want to dive in at every aspect and I'm more then willing to find bugs and help ED fix them to create the most realistic F/A-18 module. Also because skin makers can/will make the CF-188 skin :D :D :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll be very happy to purchase Early Access, this is a module i truly want to dive in at every aspect and I'm more then willing to find bugs and help ED fix them to create the most realistic F/A-18 module. Also because skin makers can/will make the CF-188 skin :D :D :D

+1

The conditions are spelled out by WAGS and I can accept them. Unlike another module where it was not defined thereby leaving many feeling abandoned.

Edited by Catseye

Just like Wags' said - early access isn't for everyone but for many it is. Me and many of my collegues are taking Hornet in EA as it is in present state. We will master all it can offer right now, will post bugs in proper way in proper part of the forum and will patiently wait for updates and upgrades. All people that don't like this idea just forget about it and please don't whine and let us get it. Please.
+1

They need to emphasize this Early Access things so the forum shouldn't be flooded with countless whining and moaning instead of constructive feedback.

Reading what Matt post, I feel we're close to EA. Well, I hope

• Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze