Old 09-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #11
Frostie
Veteran

EOS vertical scan.
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #12
DarkFire
DCS Ground Crew

I've always thought EOS detection was a bit strange. I've managed to pick up large (e.g. a tanker) targets at well beyond the range at which they appear on radar yet it fails to find a tail aspect fighter at 20nm that has both burners on.

Not sure what the answer is, but it is vaguely amusing to have your own anti-missile missile system.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM.
DarkFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:41 AM   #13
Oceandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFire View Post
I've always thought EOS detection was a bit strange. I've managed to pick up large (e.g. a tanker) targets at well beyond the range at which they appear on radar yet it fails to find a tail aspect fighter at 20nm that has both burners on.

Not sure what the answer is, but it is vaguely amusing to have your own anti-missile missile system.
It has been like that since ......well quite long. Good news is Chizh said they will make some adjustment for Hornet IR signature to be a bit bigger than we have now. So Hornet jockey....be aware lol. As for other modules he leaves that to other 3rd parties dev to decide.

You can read it on Russian forum. It was asked by Teknetenium.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:19 PM   #14
stefasaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
Honestly it’s a pretty good defense against the AIM-9X, since flaring them is like playing the lottery
You can actually learn how to avoid an AIM-9X, a 9g turn with your wings in the same plane as the missile's velocity vector will lead to a miss around 90% of the time. You need to be at cornering speed though. I usually prefer this solution as opposed to flares (which just do not work) and trying to lock the missile with an r-73 (which gets you killed 90% of the time)
stefasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #15
Banzaiib

what aircraft are you trying to lock?
Banzaiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #16
JunMcKill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
It has been like that since ......well quite long. Good news is Chizh said they will make some adjustment for Hornet IR signature to be a bit bigger than we have now. So Hornet jockey....be aware lol. As for other modules he leaves that to other 3rd parties dev to decide.

You can read it on Russian forum. It was asked by Teknetenium.
Yeah the Hornet heat signature is less than a cigar in DCS!
JunMcKill is offline   Reply With Quote