Suppression Fire Script

MBot

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just download the file. Make new trigger once on top of the list. Now set action to "Do script file" and point to the lua file you downloaded.

It gets integrated into the mission archive.

To change any parameters you need to edit the lua file, not the trigger. Always use something like notepad++ to edit lua files!

After changes to the script you need to open the mission editor and do the "Do Script file" pointing to the edited file again, or the old script will remain in the Mission archive.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just download the file. Make new trigger once on top of the list. Now set action to "Do script file" and point to the lua file you downloaded.

It gets integrated into the mission archive.

To change any parameters you need to edit the lua file, not the trigger. Always use something like notepad++ to edit lua files!

After changes to the script you need to open the mission editor and do the "Do Script file" pointing to the edited file again, or the old script will remain in the Mission archive.

OK thanks, I'll try that.

Would it be possible to have a similar script that would make APCs and IFVs suppressed by artillery/mortar/rocket fire?

i think, you will need to add in line 49

tgt:hasAttribute("IFV") or tgt:hasAttribute("APC")

<<!not tested!>>

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Just keep in mind, something like that would define suppression for ANY hits, even small arms fire by infantry...

If that is unlikely in the scenario, it should do the trick...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I ran a MP mission today with this script and IMO it really enhanced what I perceived to be a more realistic enemy behavior regarding manpads and zu23s. I used a 2 to 4 minute suppression time thinking that 15 seconds is a bit too short. It's great that it's so easy to tweak it until it seems accurate. I will add this to all of my missions in the future. Thanks for making it.:thumbup:

Edited by Blooze

Yep, especially Huey missions are much more realistic with suppression of ZU-23 crews... I tweaked the times a bit, though. For me the default was a bit too long especially when two or more short bursts hit home.

But the script gives a Huey group much better chance of survival, when suppressing AAA...

Shagrat

• 4 weeks later...
I would like rockets and bombs to supress fire. But I do not know how to do it! What should I edit?

You don't need to edit anything, any weapon will cause units to be suppressed if it does damage to them.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 month later...
Has anyone tried successfully to add other AAA threats to this script and if so can you share the method? I would like to see this work with tank machine guns or maybe BDRMs and/or BTR80s.

Yes, at the end of the script there is the query for units to check. Something like wstype = ground.ifv or so... Some while since I messed with that.

Not at the PC. Will have a look later.

Shagrat

Perhaps when you have time you could be more specific. I am curious to know what tgt:hasAttribute("Static AAA") means? Would that include all vehicles within a group that have machine guns?Also, if you add a vehicle does it have to be added in a very specific way and if so what would one refer to for that info?

Have a look at:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\db_attributes.lua

it lists all attributes an object could have.

Alternatively you may check for type (actually the unit type name!):

if tgt:hasAttribute("Static AAA") or (tgtType == "Ural-375 ZU-23") or (tgtType == "SA-18 Igla manpad") then

You find the name for example in:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\vehicles\SAM\IglaRUS1.lua

Look for the line:

GT.Name = "SA-18 Igla-S manpad";

Shagrat

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there any way to do sort of thing this without running a script? I would like a loop of suppression. So you continually suppress a target (unit or group) until said unit is killed or you are out of effective range. I have tried a number of different methods. ROE and AI Off triggers. I can get the AI to stop engaging and then after a time re-engage but then I can't make them stop engaging again.

Is the unit hit function working?

E.g I have a number of armed Hummers that are meant to be simulating light AAA positions. problem is that if you hit them with 7.62 it does 1% per hit as far as I can tell. They don't become combat ineffective until they catch fire at the ~55% mark so that is a lot of hits required even with a minigun. I would like them to switch off for a time on taking every few hits. switch on switch off sitch on switch off etc etc