Fuel Gage readings

Zeke

It seems to me that the fuel gauge doesn't move at all at first and once it does it moves quickly. Looked up this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-15, and it says the fuel capacity for the Mig 15 is 1420. Not sure what 1420 is, liter or whatever. I notice that the fuel gauge says 1050 at the bottom.

So I'm wondering if the fuel gauge is the total amount of fuel we have or just lets us know about the 1050 remaining.

Anyone have any more info on this?

The fuel gauge is correct. MiG-15 has got capacity of 1410 litres (2*80l in the aft fuselage and 1250 in the main (fwd) fuel tank). The gauge only displays up to 1050l. There is also a light indicating last 300l of fuel remaining.

The fuel gauge is correct. MiG-15 has got capacity of 1410 litres (2*80l in the aft fuselage and 1250 in the main (fwd) fuel tank). The gauge only displays up to 1050l. There is also a light indicating last 300l of fuel remaining.

So, I'm right when I thought that it only displays 1050 that remains and after 1059 you will not know if you have 1100 or 1300.

Be careful not to get to caviler about your fuel state. Once that gauge starts to move it moves quickly.

Robo has a right. Its ok. The last 300 L is reserve.

There is another type of gauge, visible here :

700L. Interesting...

Here the "normal":

Mig-15_cockpit2.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So, I'm right when I thought that it only displays 1050 that remains and after 1059 you will not know if you have 1100 or 1300.

Be careful not to get to caviler about your fuel state. Once that gauge starts to move it moves quickly.

Yes, this is not uncommon for Russian designs (and others, too), many VVS WWII planes used the same philosophy - gauge only displayed partial fuel contents.

Yes she burns that fuel quickly... :pilotfly:

The 700l gauge is, in my opinion, from different type and was possibly fitted for restoration purposes. I noticed some labels are in English ans some in Polish.