AG Weapons AFM?

amalahama

Hi,

Some time ago, there were plans to upgrade the FM of AG ordinance to AFM, the same way it was done for AA missiles.

As far as I know, only KH-25, laser bombs and free-fall bombs were upgraded. Any other missile and JDAM are still stick with the old, linear FM.

Any news in that regard? Can we expect some improvements before the Hornet comes out?

Regards!

Edited by amalahama

• 2 weeks later...

A-A missiles haven't been updated. That is one of the core problems in the "simulation".

As you say, only the few A-G were upgraded.

The F/A-18 should have a AIM-9X (at least on the video/screenshots) and likely requires new flight modeling.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

AA missiles were updated, they used to be SFM but now some are AFM. Additional tweaking is required with a date TBD.

On the subject of AG weapons, I personally don't know of any announcements related to them.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

A-A missiles haven't been updated. That is one of the core problems in the "simulation".

As you say, only the few A-G were upgraded.

The F/A-18 should have a AIM-9X (at least on the video/screenshots) and likely requires new flight modeling.

My understanding from previous posts is that the A2A FM was upgraded, the guidance not.

This leads to sub optimal navigation and that can impact performance.

Guidance / navigation upgrade is in the work-stream.

Cheers.

As Weta43 said, FM seems to be receiving updates but the guidance not so. I have seen mechanical energy graphs of the AIM-120B which show it lofting somewhat but post going pitbull the guidance is still poor. This leads to rapid energy loss in turn decreasing the range.

With regards the original question posed, I haven't heard of any updates to the A2G weaponry myself but that isn't to say nothing has been done. ED seems to slip these things in under the radar.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD