Mirror is BACK! But I have GREEN PLAID glass.

ChuckIV

Hello Pilots,

Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I just updated to World 2.2 and noticed that the Spitfire's mirror is back, but unfortunately, all of my canopy glass is green plaid-like. Anyone else having this problem? I also reinstalled the Spitfire-MkIX module, and it did not fix it. Any replies would be great - thanks! ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Hi ChuckIV

I have noticed alot of 'streaks' on the canopy, when I looked closely they were rainbow colouring, I was wondering if they were an attempt at oil stains from the engine? I have also noted an improvement in dial clarity, however lots of reflection / sunshine effects. I also have the trees popping in which I never had before?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

^ No, these are fake plexiglass "reflections", which were added to many airplanes in this patch. On one hand I like the fact that they add a bit of immersion, on the other, they seem to be somewhat overdone in certain lighting conditions.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^ No, these are fake plexiglass "reflections", which were added to many airplanes in this patch. On one hand I like the fact that they add a bit of immersion, on the other, they seem to be somewhat overdone in certain lighting conditions.
There appears to be no objects showing in Mirror other then bare terrain. Not very immersion when you have a mirror but can't see what's behind you as you are taxiing. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

ChuckIV

I think the effect you are seeing a sort of digital green check camo is basically a sign that your DCS cannot find the texture it needs for the area. This could be because your DCS build is corrupt in some way. If that is the case a repair should sort it.

The other reason is that for some reason this texture has not made it to the latest patch. If this is the case then everybody would have the same problem.

Post a screen shot and lets see exactly what you problem is.

Hope that helps

Ps for what it is worth my spitfire cockpit looks fine.

Edited by Trubshaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

ChuckIV

I think the effect you are seeing a sort of digital green check camo is basically a sign that your DCS cannot find the texture it needs for the area. This could be because your DCS build is corrupt in some way. If that is the case a repair should sort it.

The other reason is that for some reason this texture has not made it to the latest patch. If this is the case then everybody would have the same problem.

Post a screen shot and lets see exactly what you problem is.

Hope that helps

Ps for what it is worth my spitfire cockpit looks fine.

Here is a picture looking from the front of the hanger to the rear (outside) and the second is a look at the rear of the hanger through the mirror, notice there are not trees or fence.

290974566_FrontHangerView.thumb.png.b57ddc69f9ec663fc109c48470f5c4cb.png

1539260159_MirrorView.thumb.png.e218bf5b4f5bf36dd60fced3921bad93.png

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the mirror in the Spitfire has an incorrect angle of reflection on the horizon behind? or is that just me? Compared it to the P51 which is okay and correct

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Has anyone noticed that the mirror in the Spitfire has an incorrect angle of reflection on the horizon behind? or is that just me? Compared it to the P51 which is okay and correct

yes, but no answer yet...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197446

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |