Night Lighting in 2.5 Release

What is the current stage of development for night lighting in the release version? Is the team finished with this subject? It is still very hard to see distant runway lights let along street lighting. Gamma has to be maxed to have any sort of visual reference.

Happy Bug Hunting!

I think that in general, the brightness, shading, etc. is just crap in 2.5. Not that I want to hijack your thread, but there is also that same kind of problem in day time missions. Some cockpit instruments are impossible to read, as they have yellow arrows on white backgrounds.

I have seen multiple comments here on the forum about lightning, shading, gamma settings, etc. and it seems an issue everybody has. There are lightning and bightness issues for any time of the day it seems.

I guess 2.5 was far from being ready to be released...

Which makes me wonder why the rushed it, since people don't even pay for it... if it'd be a 60$ paid sim/game I'd understand that you'd want some ROI but it's not even the case.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Night lighting is being worked on by the ED team

Well I hope that while they are at it, they fix it in general (for any lighting condition)! :pilotfly:

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

Well I hope that while they are at it, they fix it in general (for any lighting condition)! :pilotfly:

Just switch that deferred shading off........

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I was very much hoping for night lighting to be fixed for the release, I did notice that there is a change in how things look at night though, one thing that really stuck out is weird aliasing type effect when looking down at villages or towns at night, it almost looks like heat blur between the camera and the ground objects that have lights.

Used to fly a plane once in a while, now I fly a chair every day! (7800K 5Ghz OC, EVGA 1080, 16Gigs, SSD, AIO)

i Cant play campaign mission at night due to this major Bugs bunny :@

Just switch that deferred shading off........

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Are runway lights still not synced across multiplayer?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

In addition to what we all see I have what looks like dust everywhere but it isn't floating it looks like it's fixed to my lens. It must be something with the night shading because I don't have it in v.1.5.

My deferred shading is off.

Yes mura is a big problem at night. In VR it seems like my cockpit (most noticeable in Hog) is full of smoke. This is quite a new development. I now restrict my night flights to dawn and dusk now because of this.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

There must be a common issue with PBR and reflections at night. Another game I play has a similar issue with reflection intensity. It looks great, but no one can see anything at a reasonable range. For me in DCS this shows up primarily in the useful range landing lights. I don't have an VR gear so I can't comment.

Turning off deferred shading isn't a good option on a multiplayer server when the time changes cause dark-to-day transitions and vice versa.

the new functional light poles at the airports are a nice touch, but for me the light does affect neither the cockpit nor the aircraft exterior, when you taxi through the light cone. that look really odd...

is that a known problem, or only on my end?

problem persists on new caucasus and nevada. ilumination "bombs" however do brighten aircraft interior and exterior like expected, so i hope the light poles are just an oversight?!

(from my understanding, the deferred shading should enable multiple "real" light sources without major performance impact, so i hope this is being worked on.)