F-35 in reality

=Mac=

The link for your evidence video doesn't work.

Russians can brag,and I honestly believe 13 km is not bad of an estimate.

It can reach 40 Nm when fired horizontally,not vertically.

Go whine at the Pentagon.

Edited by Schizwiz

To see your opponent for who he or she is,is to put your blade in front of their deepest secrets and make them come up front,outward with a defeat or a win.

I only got two things out of that : that I'm being insulted and that you correctly believe a missile launched at altitude and speed will travel farther than one that is not.'

I didn't understand enough of the insult to be bothered by it, I'm afraid.

As for the missiles, if the SAME missile is launched from the ground, or from the air, yes the air launched one will have across the board better performance. That's why surface launched missiles.must be much larger than air launched ones, and often don't have as much range. The long range ones, like Patriots, S-300+ etc are all very large multi stage rockets.

Aim-54C -

1000lbs, 13ft long, 15 inches diameter, 135lb warhead (approximately)

9M83M (one of the larger missiles used by S-300s)

3700lbs, 25ft long, 18 inches diameter, 330lb warhead

Much larger, to make up for being ground launched. Maximum range about 200km, max altitude about 30km.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't know where you get you intel from,but the thing is that in your opinion nothing is safe anymore!Because in case you forgot...how high is the earth stratosphere? Because you sure as hell must be good at dodging in outer space,when you have sam missiles like that.13Km.Maximum.Or you are indeed a Lockheed Fartin Politbureau operative.Ever heard of a ground radar ,being able to pick up and lock enemy jets from that range,anyone else on this thread? because I sure as hell haven't.

If you haven't heard about radar that can lock target from that distance then you probably live in a cave. Over 58 year ago, U-2 was shot down by S-75 missile when it was cruising at over 70,000 feet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers

To add insult to the injury, in 2008, a satellite was shot down by SM-3 missile at altitude of 240 km (787,402 feet)

1073a.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-193

If you know something of RADAR and of Jets maneuvring and SAMS not,you must understand one basic thing! GROUND RADAR LOCKING and AIR-TO-AIR RADAR LOCKING IS VERY DIFFERENT.BECAUSE A SAM IS STATIONARY and JETS aren't.The maximum locking you get from a stationary object remains 13 kmThat is 36000 feet.

Oh i do know enough about radar to write a comprehensive guide on them

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/radar-electronic-countermeasure/

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/radar-fundamentals-part-ii/

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/electronic-countermeasure-ecm/

i don't often brag but i can assure you, i know far more about radar than you. There is not a single physics laws that would limit locking range from stationary object to 13 km, if that was the case, ballistic missile intercept would never been possible.

FYI, 13 km is 42,650 feet, not 36,000 feet and stratosphere edge is at 30 km and not 13 km.

The link for your evidence video doesn't work.

Edited by garrya

2008 Satellite Shot Down

On February 20, 2008, the U.S. military successfully intercepted and destroyed a non-functioning satellite in a military operation code-named Operation Burnt Frost. The satellite, named USA-193, was shot down by an SM-3 missile fired from the USS Lake Erie.

President George W. Bush ultimately made the decision to shoot down the satellite. While the risk of loss of human life or significant damage due to the impact of the falling satellite was unlikely, it did carry hydrazine fuel, an extremely toxic substance with the potential to affect a wide area in the event of impact. To preserve human life, Bush ordered the United States Strategic Command to destroy the satellite. At 10:26 p.m., Feb. 20, the U.S. Navy and the Missile Defense Agency worked together to launch the missile that ultimately destroyed USA-193, and therefore mitigated any risk of damage and injury from both the falling satellite and the toxic fuel.

https://www.vandenberg.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/340906/jspoc-intergral-to-burnt-frost-success/

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The only thing I can add,that my calculations are Always roughly as I calculate in fast modus operandi ,a foot to be 30cm,while it is 30,48.

I can also say I rest my case,as it seems when the Russians have all the S400 systems,there is no real use of going into war scenario's.The only thing necessary is SAMS.Planes apparently don't hold a chance anymore.Let's start shooting satelites with SAM systems then.Make sure you give me a ring to call me names when you might realize the doppler effect works differently between two moving assets than between one stationary and one moving asset.

No use to go in deeper here for me,I am the most complete idiot in this story,as I am just a ED forums visiter and I also never fly DCS anymore.

I am unwilling to see through propaganda,I accept anything CGI made aswell.

Call me Schizwiz now please,I have a paranoïd schizofrenia issue and genuinely think I am an intelligent person.OH forgive me Patriots for the confederate flag.

Edited by Schizwiz

To see your opponent for who he or she is,is to put your blade in front of their deepest secrets and make them come up front,outward with a defeat or a win.

Hydrazine could burn out entirely in the earths outer sphere,called the THERMOSPHERE.

Edited by Schizwiz

This is manipulated.

Fatimir Pootin is happy with his work.

Edited by Schizwiz

If you haven't heard about radar that can lock target from that distance then you probably live in a cave. Over 58 year ago, U-2 was shot down by S-75 missile when it was cruising at over 70,000 feet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Gary_Powers

To add insult to the injury, in 2008, a satellite was shot down by SM-3 missile at altitude of 240 km (787,402 feet)

1073a.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-193

Oh i do know enough about radar to write a comprehensive guide on them

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/radar-electronic-countermeasure/

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/radar-fundamentals-part-ii/

https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavionics.wordpress.com/2016/03/29/electronic-countermeasure-ecm/

i don't often brag but i can assure you, i know far more about radar than you. There is not a single physics laws that would limit locking range from stationary object to 13 km, if that was the case, ballistic missile intercept would never been possible.

FYI, 13 km is 42,650 feet, not 36,000 feet and stratosphere edge is at 30 km and not 13 km.

Thank you very much for this explanatory guide.Just what I was looking for!

The scattering effect is the most exaggerated effect of radar waves.

The attenuation with radars located on land,compared to radars in the air,is higher,significantly higher.Atmosphere.Add all the weather effects of the standard atmosphere and you will understand that a radar works better at higher altitudes in the standard atmosphere.

13000m=39624ft.

Have you ever thrown a baseball horizontally and one vertically?See where it leads you to learn about gravity.

Edited by Schizwiz

Yes, we know they work better one to one at altitude, nobody is disputing that.

However an aircraft's radar has upper size and power limits that a ground based unit does not. A 600ft long warship can mount a truly massive radar array that dwarfs anything an aircraft can carry, being restricted mostly by the curve of the Earth. An AWACS gets around this by being a very large cargo aircraft retrofitted for that exclusive purpose. This compensates for being 'less efficient'.

You're saying 'water is wet'. We're agreeing with you, but pointing out it can still be frozen, to which you angrily reply 'No it can't because it's liquid'.

I think you're right, you're wasting your time here, as are we.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I can also say I rest my case,as it seems when the Russians have all the S400 systems,there is no real use of going into war scenario's.The only thing necessary is SAMS.Planes apparently don't hold a chance anymore.Let's start shooting satelites with SAM systems then

There are plenty of different ways for aircraft to deal with SAM, just to name a few

1- Standoff missiles: LRASM (1000 km), JSM (550 km), JSOW-ER (550 km), AARGM-ER ( >200 km)

2- Stealth aka VLO: B-2, B-21, F-35, F-22, J-20

3- Jamming: MALD-X, ALE-70, Brite Cloud, EA-18G

4- Agility: STR, ITR

5- Radar horizon: Nap of the earth flight

ssrh.png

So your strawman argument about "how aircraft are useless because SAM can hit satellite" is total nonsense.

Make sure you give me a ring to call me names when you might realize the doppler effect works differently between two moving assets than between one stationary and one moving asset

Nice try, however while dropping some physic related word and a smug remark may make you sound smart on Youtube comments section, it certainly doesn't work here, especially when you don't understand what you are talking about.

Doppler effect does not work differently between two moving assets vs between one stationary and one moving asset, Doppler effect work entirely depends on the relative "closing" velocity between 2 assets.

nggg3.png

For closing target => Doppler shift between 2 moving targets is higher.

For fleeing target => Doppler shift between 1 stationary and one moving target is higher

For target flying tangent to the radar => Doppler shift is close to zero in both case.

In other words, aircraft radar often have a harder time detecting/tracking target flee from them or fly perpendicular to their beam, whereas ground target often only have issues with target flying perpendicular to their beam.

clutter.png

The attenuation with radars located on land,compared to radars in the air,is higher,significantly higher.Atmosphere.Add all the weather effects of the standard atmosphere and you will understand that a radar works better at higher altitudes in the standard atmosphere.

The effect is negligible for X band frequency and lower

nggg1.png

13000m=39624ft.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=13000+meters+to+feet

Have you ever thrown a baseball horizontally and one vertically?See where it leads you to learn about gravity.

You don't seem to understand that SAM are so much bigger than AAM

For example:

AIM-120 weight 152 kg whereas SM-6 weight 1500 kg

Edited by garrya

This is manipulated.

Fatimir Pootin is happy with his work.

No, it's CGI.

No-one is pretending it's actual footage, a child could see it's an animation to illustrate what happened, because it was impossible to actually film what happened.

The U2 that got shot fell out of the sky,as the pilot was a traitor yet again.I don't think you know your history and also I do think your signature stinks like exaggeration.

You're drifting into flat earth territory.

Powers was shot down.

Some sad, deluded people in the states (who were too chicken to do the job in the first place) thought he should have crushed his cyanide tooth rather than allow himself to be captured, but not even the conspiracy freaks at the CIA thought he deliberately handed the Russians the plane.

Cheers.

You're drifting into flat earth territory.

Powers was shot down.

Some sad, deluded people in the states (who were too chicken to do the job in the first place) thought he should have crushed his cyanide tooth rather than allow himself to be captured, but not even the conspiracy freaks at the CIA thought he deliberately handed the Russians the plane.

In America, you follow guidelines.

But in Soviet Russia, Comrade Weta, Guidelines follow YOU. :P

Lord of Salt

when your throwing arm forms the basis of your understanding of physics, you've got a long way to go.

Yes,that I can concur!