Anyone play in VR and use Oculus 2.0 Beta to watch Youtube in the cockpit?

Is anyone using Oculus Rift in VR with the 2.0 Beta of Oculus Home? I opted out of it because Beta didn't work well on my computer, it causes major problems with my multi monitor setup.

I just saw a feature of Dash within Oculus 2.0 beta that makes me want to try it again. I saw someone playing DCS and they used Dash to overlay a youtube video screen on the cockpit and it looked natural!

DCS is such a resource hog, I'm afraid to even attempt it. I only have a 1060 6gb card that is usually at 99% usage according to task manager any time DCS is actually loaded into a game be it single player or multiplayer. I have 16 gb of memory, which so far hasn't really had any issues, I've never seen any actual evidence of a memory leak despite the talk about it. I set a 20 gb page file, so usage of actual ram hasn't exceeded 12 GB that I've seen.

Considering the current load on my system, would running in Beta and trying to use Dash to watch videos in the cockpit absolutely kill my video performance? I have an 17 7700k. I'm confident my machine CPU would have no problems at all. I just think I MIGHT run out of ram but not likely. However the video card being at 99% usage just being loaded into DCS is what I'm concerned with.

Does anyone else have Oculus Rift and use dash to overlay videos on the cockpit? How does it perform for you?

Also, what Nvidia drivers are you on?

I don't think many people are interested in watching youtube while playing DCS...

I can probably understand it's fun to try just once, but appart from that...

Never tried myself.

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

I don't think many people are interested in watching youtube while playing DCS...

I can probably understand it's fun to try just once, but appart from that...

Never tried myself.

I saw this video:

https://giant.gfycat.com/MediocreDazzlingBlackwidowspider.webm

And thought it might be a good way to do tutorials. Perhaps learning some things in the A10c, and being able to follow the steps.

Wow Dax,

you just gave me a wild ideal :idea:, that will surely cause the developers to :doh:

Here it is,

At least while in VR, on your kneeboard, have the capability for a Yourtube player! :huh:

While it sounds wacky (and is :wacko:), actually it could be useful such as in, while flying in VR, and trying to follow one of Bunyaps excellent how to do it videos, you'd have it right there...

OK... :idiot: :bye_2:

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking. I think Oculus Rift has this ability in it's Dash program right now. I'm not sure though because I'm not in Beta right now.

Well that was a wasted effort. I opted into Beta and it's still broken for me. It broke my dual monitor setup. If you have a problem with a multimonitor setup, here's how you fix it. Open task manager, go to services and kill OVR service. That is an Oculus service. THEN restart the service and load Oculus home, it should work with all your monitors. Then if you opt into beta, your mouse will probably disappear and you won't be able to do anything. Since there's no config file to edit or delete, your only option is to run Oculus setup and select the repair option, which will then just go out and download a 4.24 GB setup it will immediately run from ram so you can't save it. This doesn't happen to everyone, it's totally random. It's a crap shoot that will rob you of your precious time, patience and sanity if it doesn't work. So if you want to try it, at least you know how to get access back to your monitors. That will cause instant panick if you don't expect it and need to fix it.