DCS F-15C: The Georgian War Campaign

We are proud to present a short trailer for the DLC campaign for the F-15C which we have been working with feefifofum for some time now: The Georgian War.

The campaign starts on 7 August 2008 just before the outbreak of the Russo - Georgian war but with an assumption that at that time there is a very small US Air Force detachment present in Vaziani.

We aim to recreate the historic events from the real conflict, providing background information and interesting facts about it, but adding this small fictional detail about US presence, and later... but let us not spoil the surprise just yet.

THE CAMPAIGN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE DCS STORE

Official trailer:

Beta version teaser:

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Awesome, can't wait!

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice trailer...I will try this one!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Looks like its going to be great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Nice trailer. I heard a "check in" by the F-15s with Magic ... nice one. :thumbup:

But to do it a little more real, you would add you posit to the check in. So, the call would be "Magic, this is ??? 1-0, checking in bullseye 230/40, 20 Thousand, as fragged.". Magic would check your posit and answer "..., radar contact, bullseye same, your task XX, picture [the given picture]."

;)

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there any ETA?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hard to give a definite date at this point. We've been working on and off between other projects for about 5 months now, and have about half of the planned ~15 missions finished with VOs and briefing documents. We should be able to step it up a bit now that certain other endeavors are nearing completion. I hope we will be finished by the end of the year, if not sooner.

That is the plan :) We still have a lot of writing / scripting ahead of us. Plus as we are giving lots of background and factual data in briefings and during the missions (i.e. facts from the 2008 war) the research takes some time.

Especially that the same situation described in books written by Western scholars are completely different than in those written by Russian researchers. We are trying to use the most sound data, but sometimes it is difficult to get to the facts.

Example: Georgians claim to have destroyed around 20 Russian jets during the short war. Russians say they lost 3. We can't tell the truth, although most probably they lost around 5-6, at least 3 of these due to friendly fire.

And there are many situations like this one. Fascinating conflict to research!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Some people you just can't satisfy :smilewink:

Though I think you will find the amount and accuracy of radio comms throughout the campaign.. satisfactory.

That shouldn't be a offense, just a little correction. Fine, if the comms are as real as possible. :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks damned good!! I'll have to do some work on my F-15C pilotage for this campaign! As always if you need any VO work doing let me know...

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Hell yeah, another masterpiece is coming. The trailer is very good and moving :) 0-day purchase for me.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |