Pb with auto start procédure BF 109

OBT Lionel

• 2 months later...
when priming fuel pressure does not rise, so engine does not start

That is correct, fuel pressure indicator does not show "priming fuel" pressure.

It was bug when it showed.

Auto start does not hold long enough clutch for proper engine start, that is problem with autostart.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

just do from 6 (enough) to 9 (like auto procedure) strokes by hand pump...

btw. autostart works correctly in 2,1 for me now, seems to be repaired

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

i have found something weird here..

i tried it again with "interesting" result

autostart does not work in 1.5.7 (but i did not tried all possibility in ME, just default setting)

autostart does not work in 2.1 when i chose modern scenario (coalitions) in mission editor

autostart works in 2.1 when i chose WWII scenario in mission editor

i tried it several times and i restarted game repeated the same result...

i did not try it on NTTR, only onNormandy with default weather setting

morning i tried it with WWII scenario, it is my default setting, it is why it worked for me

• Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

The automatic sequence simply fails to hold the start handle for long enough. Given a Caucases sea-level start of the standard mission editor weather values it will fail.

In the script it holds the starter handle between 49.332 and 59.110s which is 9.778s duration.

However if I change the handle release time to 60.000s (10.668s) duration, one second longer hold, then engine starts.

Notice that if I set handle release to 60.110s it seems to clash with handle cover close at 60.07s and script stalls.

For me, autostart works in 1.5.7 (Current release version), if...

I set the engine cut-off to OFF at the start of the mission, and back to ON before the engine start is initiated (I do this when the mssage "increase the throttle position by 1 Inch comes up).

I cannot get it to work in 2.1.1, even after fiddling with the timing in the macro, additional priming or whatever. I never hear any misfiring. It's as if there were no ignition at all (or no fuel injected).

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

More testing in 2.1.1 today.

In Normandy the auto-start works if I switch the engine cut-off on my bHOTAS to OFF (which means the engine is NOT cut off!) just after the macro has moved that lever down.

In NTTR I cannot get it to work at all. There seems to be no ignition.

Why it's different between NTTR and Normandy beats me.

I will leave it there. Fortunately the manual start-up of the Bf-109 is not as convoluted as that of the Spit.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 months later...

No idea when this was fixed, but it's working now (OB 2.5)

LeCuvier