Little details that you've noticed?

Oiten

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any small little details that just make them like the game that much more. For instance, earlier I was just messing around and shooting stuff with the GAU8, and when I was out of ammo, I noticed on the external view, the cannon still rotates if you hold down the trigger. I thought to myself that it was maybe one of the coolest little details I've ever noticed in any game.

Also, really happy to be playing this beta finally. Didn't play LOMAC, only BS and this, so I haven't had a good A-10 exprience since A-10! Cuba on my old mac. :megalol:

• Like 1

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First sim I have ever experienced were mavericks aren't the magical weapon of choice. No more easy lock and kill.

The way the GBUs guide themselves in! It's like i'm watching a video of the real thing.

Also the ordnance textures, from the rough skin on the MK-82s to the rivets on the pods.

The ED community :)

I could go on and on...

Thank you ED!

• Like 1

Asus P8Z77-V

i7-2600K @ 4.5

EVGA gtx 670 FTW

Asus VG278HE @ 1920 x 1080

16gb DDR3

Win 7 64

PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

HOTAS WH

Track IR5

MFD Cougar Multifunctional Cockpit Panel

Wheels turning after T/O and they will stop if you hit the brakes.

:thumbup:

I don't want to spoil your little details topic but spinning wheels gyroscopic effect is probably taken into account too when calculating forces for FM :D

The buttons and hats on the stick and throttle move...

and this

First sim I have ever experienced were mavericks aren't the magical weapon of choice. No more easy lock and kill.

they're a pain in the you know what.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Not mentioning the ones above and the obvious details like avionics stuff. Errors of acceleration and turn in the magnetic compass. Reflection of sky and ground on metallic parts of HUD, MC, AoA and panel dash. Rotation of the GAU is great. Illumination in general. Another one is the lighting pod rotation. There are a lot of little details.

Regards.

Edited by Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

A bomb (don't remember what type) got stuck on the pylon when I tried to release it resulting in a nice red error message on the MFCD :)

I have had this happen 3 times.

Next on my list of things to do is learning how to jettison the damn thing. If that is even possible.

I shredded a front tire on take off and it looked so cool with pieces missing of the tire.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

Next on my list of things to do is learning how to jettison the damn thing. If that is even possible.

Read the selective jettison pages in the manual.

I think if you release the pickle button too early and get a hung store, you can still use the weapon by resetting the pylon. Can't remember how to do that off the top of my head, though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

A bomb (don't remember what type) got stuck on the pylon when I tried to release it resulting in a nice red error message on the MFCD :)

It would nice if you quoted what checklists have to say about such a case :)

Edit:

Read the selective jettison pages in the manual.

I think if you release the pickle button too early and get a hung store, you can still use the weapon by resetting the pylon. Can't remember how to do that off the top of my head, though.

Very interesting!

Edited by Bucic

• ED Team

You don't need to jett it, just reload/reset it through DSMS / Inventory. Or, cycle IFFCC.

Bullets that bounce and land farther on from where you were shooting. First time that happened to me I was wondering who was shooting back.

I thought this is a bug.. When you shoot at a low Angle they jump really far.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Here's one i expected (and would be cool) to happen but it didn't. I like to taxi with the canopy open. Just out of curiosity i took off with the open canopy. Nothing happened! At 300 knots it would still work and closing perfectly :dontgetit:

Here's one i expected (and would be cool) to happen but it didn't. I like to taxi with the canopy open. Just out of curiosity i took off with the open canopy. Nothing happened! At 300 knots it would still work and closing perfectly :dontgetit:

This, most vital, feature of DCS warthog will most likely make an appearance in the next Beta Build. :)

Nate

This, most vital, feature of DCS warthog will most likely make an appearance in the next Beta Build. :)

Nate

Good news :) Most vital (and funny) indeed for the damage model. Canopy laying on the A10's back, still attached, only the glass kicked out.