Australian Server

AEFFlashdog

Hi there ..

There is a distinct lack of servers currently in the Aus / NZ region and as such the AEF is looking at the possibilities of hosting a public dedicated server.

I would be interested in gauging the level of interest from guys/gals here to see if it is viable..

Cheers guys .. good hunting

Flashy

I'll be glad to spread the "love" (glitchy high ping servers suck) and mention it to our ATR flyboys aswell. (known as ATR86 or ATR303...etc.)

We (at austeamracing.com) have a few simmers interested in BS.....

We're mostly Satdy nite punters that have a break from our main interest of car sim racing during the week.... for BS we have, 3-4 regs..... out of aprx. 9 owners of this sim so far.....and "God" has been looking for a dedi server. exe to run on one of the 7 - ATR servers ......(but soon maybe)....at moment we can only host from our home pc's...(can be demanding).....But if you've got an a$$kicker of a pc......LET's GO!!

Pricey GFXcard needed to run one of our dedi's for BS at moment..(correct me if I'm wrong) ....so let's hope for a REAL dedi.exe is soon.

BUT HEY....Like they say...."Build it....and they will come." :thumbup:

WE'RE KEEN AS!!!

:doh:My humble machine wont push more over 4-6 clients on a busy map Capt'n....She'll BLOW!! (aswell as i being Nth QLD here)....150+ping to WA clients (just bearable) and 40odd to brissy. ....pfrrrt, NZ is prolly closer. LOL

PS: Leave us some info. on ur prospective plans....So that we can bounce some ideas each way..... etc.

I found that most are nearing full control over flying/hover/weapons/nav. & so on.....but it would still be noice to still keep a simple campaign/map amongst nites for those still mastering this sim.....(verbal help does wonders)....Also.... TeamSpeak (preferably) a must.

Let's group hug & swap ip addy's & p/words.etc.:book::joystick::drunk:

Edited by SkidMark

Pricey GFXcard needed to run one of our dedi's for BS at moment..(correct me if I'm wrong) ....so let's hope for a REAL dedi.exe is soon.

The graphics card on a ded server doesn't need to be that flash - just put it into F10 (map) view once the mission is loaded up and it will be doing very little rendering.

I've been using an older Athlon64 with a Nvidea 7800 (256M) for a ded with no problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

Thanks for the interest guys ... more info will follow, we have it installed and are currently testing.

FYI we are having a flight training night tonight (Tuesday) around 8-8.30pm. We currently use Ventrillo (V62.DARKSTARLLC.COM port 4278 ) .. feel free to jump in the DCS public channel and join us for some newbie fun.

The server we will be running will be flagged as AEF and password protected, but MSN me if you would like to join us (aefflashdog@bigpond.com)

Cheers

Flashy

sounds great i'm in for sure, wont have much time this month but next month i can put eating and sleeping on hold for BS :thumbup:

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

• 3 weeks later...

well we did our best to get the AEF DCS Australian Server up and running on a virtual box in a server farm, but we got 'virtual server - can not execute'. So until we get a physical server to play with then it's not going to happen just yet.

Unless there is some way to get it working on a virtual box? I'd be keen to know if there is.

In the meantime we will be hosting via a private connection for our sessions in AEF, and if it isn't passworded then the Australian DCS pilots are more then welcome to join in. Don't forget to jump into our Ventrilo channel because it helps us all get to know each other in the Oz DCS Community.

This is the link to the AEF DCS Forums on our website. We have formed a team called the 161 (Recce) Squadron so pop on and say hi!!

http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef3/forum/viewforum.php?f=344

Edited by Deigs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

Guest Lucid Nightmare

Another aussie here, real shame on the server not working on the virtual box. Guess i'll have to wait some more then.

:(

Another aussie here, real shame on the server not working on the virtual box. Guess i'll have to wait some more then.

:(

Well not to worry, we are private hosting on Wednesday and Sunday nights for our squadron training and you are welcome to join in mate. It's usually pretty casual and we are all still learning the game and running members through the basics. Once the dedicated is up then I'll let everyone know here in the DCS forums as well. And we'll be looking for multiplayer missions to host on the server, so if you have anything you've made then let us know!!!

Don't forget to jump into the AEF vent channel to get the password for the server. All details are at the website below my Sig. It's better to play and learn with people online. This game is too good in multi-player to pass up.

Happy Flying :)

Edited by Deigs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

• 1 month later...

Guys just a heads up.

We have a hosted Australian server by an AEF 161 Sqn member, and there is no password and it is up during 'active hours'. It's called (AEF) 161 (Recce) Squadron.

Feel free to pop on and catch up with other Aussie DCS fans and join us for some fun.

You should also download Ventrilo Client and join us (161 Sqn) on comms. It makes the teamwork aspect a bit better when you can chat (easier then typing while the SAM's are flying overhead)

The AEF's Ventrilo details are as follows:

Vent channel / IP: 202.60.65.76

PORT: 4278

See you in the skies guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the massive activity (which is great) and the limited bandwidth on my players internet connection for his hosted server, you will need to pop into the AEF Ventrilo channels to get a password from us to join in.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Grab the password and come fly with some Aussie pilots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

• 10 years later...

Hey Neuman5022, come and jump on the OCG servers. We're based on the easy coast of Australia, so we'll have a decent ping.

Come and hang out in our discord channel too, http://discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs