Difficult to connect JTAC`s

DeathAngel1

Try mixed loadouts...like 4 AGM-64E, 2 Mk-20 (center station) or 2 MK-82 instead of the ROCKEYES OR 4 Rocket Launchers at stations 3 & 7 with MAVs at 2 & 8...and Clluster Bombs at the center station....I have had great success with the rocket launchers especially when set to SALVO

I guess my question wasn't clear. I mean how I can make the FAC laser-designate targets for my wingman who is also carrying Mavericks. In real life I'm sure they would.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, but the thing is, realistically, you wouldn't know how the targets are spaced or grouped and we shouldn't have to use F6 or whatever "View Ground Units" is, to determine that grouping because a real pilot doesn't have this ability unless you have the ATFLIR...plus depending on how you selected what units will do under fire, thes units will move after one of them has been taken out....I just flew a mission where I waited 3 seconds between MAV shots and the last one missed because the once closely group of four tanks started to spread out after the first kill....and as a result, my last MAV missed but not by much....I tried again this time waiting five seconds between launch at maximum distance of around 15nm and all were hit

Point accepted

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

AI wingman or Multiplayer wingman? Have you tried using two different lasing vehicles?

AI. No I haven't. How would I make the AI wingman talk to the second FAC?

The Lead should do the talking.

LeCuvier

AI. No I haven't. How would I make the AI wingman talk to the second FAC?

The Lead should do the talking.

Well one thing you can try with just one AFAC is to handoff the target to your wingman...wait until your target is locked then go into the Flight option in the menus and select "Attack My Target"...try that until I can think about the other possibilities

Well one thing you can try with just one AFAC is to handoff the target to your wingman...wait until your target is locked then go into the Flight option in the menus and select "Attack My Target"...try that until I can think about the other possibilities

Tried at two different points:

1. When the target was locked

2. when the FAC had given me "cleared hot"

In both cases I could request the message to the wingman: "Wingman 2/Engage/Engage my target", but the message was not audible and obviously it wasn't transmitted. It seems that communication with the wingman is disabled as long as I have an open "conversation" with the FAC.

LeCuvier

311Gryphon try this for that mission let me know if it works https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=198031&d=1542427650

Still no dice. I saw the JTAC was set to 127.5 AM, I dialed that in and it is still grayed out on my radio list and they won't respond. I went back and watched Wags do it in the video and I'm dialing in the frequency exactly as he is. I even went back and set up my maverick exactly like he did before trying to raise JTAC and they still aren't reachable.

One thing that seems odd, do you have to set AM/FM and if so, how? The AM is sometimes on the UFC and sometimes not. It doesn't seem to operate like other items on the UFC. So Channel 1 never has the AM up on it so I've also been trying to dial it in on Manual because it does (till I hit ENTER at which point it disappears, just like in Wags' video).

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tried at two different points:

1. When the target was locked

2. when the FAC had given me "cleared hot"

In both cases I could request the message to the wingman: "Wingman 2/Engage/Engage my target", but the message was not audible and obviously it wasn't transmitted. It seems that communication with the wingman is disabled as long as I have an open "conversation" with the FAC.

This probably won't work but did you try "Flight" instead of "Wingman 2"? Oh also you have to use a separate frequency for your flight..If you can't find that in your briefing, try Channel C or M in the presets...I forget which one it is

Edited by Alphamale

Still no dice. I saw the JTAC was set to 127.5 AM, I dialed that in and it is still grayed out on my radio list and they won't respond. I went back and watched Wags do it in the video and I'm dialing in the frequency exactly as he is. I even went back and set up my maverick exactly like he did before trying to raise JTAC and they still aren't reachable.

One thing that seems odd, do you have to set AM/FM and if so, how? The AM is sometimes on the UFC and sometimes not. It doesn't seem to operate like other items on the UFC. So Channel 1 never has the AM up on it so I've also been trying to dial it in on Manual because it does (till I hit ENTER at which point it disappears, just like in Wags' video).

Ok I got it to take out the four MBTs at the airfield but because there are SAMs around I think it's screwing it up...it's a known bug that when SAMs are in the area, AFAC functions do not work...but try using Colt 11 which is the predator...it did give me Type 2 and I was able to attack the tanks...MultiplayerHornet_1.miz is my edit of your original, so keep that in mind so we don't get things mixed up...i'll include it here

MultiplayerHornet_1.miz

So the SAMs were the issue? Ugg. Hopefully they fix that. It's kind of nice to force the player to stand off or give them something to worry about. Unless there is some real reason why the SAM would interfere with comms.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This probably won't work but did you try "Flight" instead of "Wingman 2"? Oh also you have to use a separate frequency for your flight..If you can't find that in your briefing, try Channel C or M in the presets...I forget which one it is

I used COMM 2 133 MHz for FAC and COMM 1 305 Mhz for flight.

From what I see they have not implemented the ability for multiple concurrent dialog objects. When I push up my mic switch for Comm 1, I see the current message options from my open FAC dialog. If this were properly implemented I should see the initial dialog message options (Flight, Wingman 2...).

And only when I have checked out, or the FAC has sent me off, I can speak to my wingman.

There is work to do for ED.

PS: I wonder if in real life there could be more than one FAC. If yes, then I should be able to have separate dialog streams for each. This wouldn't work with the current functionality. Plus, of course, the laser code could not be 1688 for everybody.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Ok I got it to take out the four MBTs at the airfield but because there are SAMs around I think it's screwing it up...it's a known bug that when SAMs are in the area, AFAC functions do not work...but try using Colt 11 which is the predator...it did give me Type 2 and I was able to attack the tanks...MultiplayerHornet_1.miz is my edit of your original, so keep that in mind so we don't get things mixed up...i'll include it here

Followup question...and I know we have two different conversations going on here so I apologize, but do you have to get rid of AAA and SAMs? Even SAMs that are quite a ways off or just SAMs nearby?

I chanced the SAMs at the airfield to AAA and tried it and it didn't work (haven't loaded your latest mission up yet), but I noticed the AWACS is behaving exactly the same way in the radio menu so I feel like it is something common to those two channels. I'll give your latest mission a try and see if I can tell what's different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Followup question...and I know we have two different conversations going on here so I apologize, but do you have to get rid of AAA and SAMs? Even SAMs that are quite a ways off or just SAMs nearby?

I chanced the SAMs at the airfield to AAA and tried it and it didn't work (haven't loaded your latest mission up yet), but I noticed the AWACS is behaving exactly the same way in the radio menu so I feel like it is something common to those two channels. I'll give your latest mission a try and see if I can tell what's different.

Funny you should ask...I was just flying Multiplayer.miz...not really sure if this was yours, I'm looking at a number of them...this one has four MBTs and two Strelas (I think) and there are two FACs at the target zone...one is a Predator and the other is a Vehicle Group with a TOW vehicle lasing...I have absolutely no problems taking out the tanks in one pass, by spacing the shots with about four seconds between "Rifles"....then I switched to the other FAC by using the other JTAC option which is NOT grayed out and it does indeed give me a Type 2 call (since I have unlimited ammo on) and asks for AGM-65Es..the problem is,the FAC will take me all the way down to LASER and when I turn on my scan and hit F1 to ask for LASER, it will report "LASING" and my scanner NEVER locks all the way up to flying over the target at which time I get a "Target Not Destroyed" comment from the FAC..so that's definitely screwed up...afterwards I decided to take out the Strelas with my gun, since I also had immortal on....I must have had 50 hits on each one and neither took any damage...so that may be part of the bug too, I don't know (One JTAC is 127.5 and the other is 133MHz) so I have 127.5 on comm one and 133 on comm two...as to your question you only ever have to take out what your mission is calling for...I mean you can look for Targets of Opportunity (TOOs), butif SAMs are not on the dinner menu, then I'd try to avoid them...is that what you meant by your question?

I used COMM 2 133 MHz for FAC and COMM 1 305 Mhz for flight.

From what I see they have not implemented the ability for multiple concurrent dialog objects. When I push up my mic switch for Comm 1, I see the current message options from my open FAC dialog. If this were properly implemented I should see the initial dialog message options (Flight, Wingman 2...).

And only when I have checked out, or the FAC has sent me off, I can speak to my wingman.

There is work to do for ED.

PS: I wonder if in real life there could be more than one FAC. If yes, then I should be able to have separate dialog streams for each. This wouldn't work with the current functionality. Plus, of course, the laser code could not be 1688 for everybody.

It's messed up no doubt, but try some freq. other than the default 305...I always clear that out and put in something else...save 127.5 for your carrier and stick with the 130s and up for JTACs...

It's messed up no doubt, but try some freq. other than the default 305...I always clear that out and put in something else...save 127.5 for your carrier and stick with the 130s and up for JTACs...

The 305 MHz works fine once I have checked out from the FAC dialog.

Until there is some improvement I'm done messing around with this.

Thanks for all your help!

LeCuvier