Modular Panel WIP

Blue73

Thanks Gotwake, if I don't I'll show you how to make them from vero, it's seriously not difficult. All traces are horizontal with a few solder bridges.

Sounds good, enjoy your vacation, if you do not want to mass produce I will try to figure out how to build this myself.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

morning, loving your work, very new to nearly all of this custom stuff. do you have any digrams just using the nano? want to make my first box just want to make sure i review a few multi switch designs so i get it right :)

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

Hi!

Very simple with just a single Nano. You can omit the Bus Transceiver and wiring. Just need to have a common ground for your switches and a +5V for one of your POT pins. Both of these are connected to the GND and +5V pins of the Nano.

For your switch GND lines, daisy-chain them all together so you only need a single pin to connect to the Arduino.

If you need any further clarification let me know.

cheers

John

morning, loving your work, very new to nearly all of this custom stuff. do you have any digrams just using the nano? want to make my first box just want to make sure i review a few multi switch designs so i get it right :)

What about flipping just one page back? :music_whistling:

i ment without the buss stuff, i saved those diagrams already ;)

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

Hi Gotwake, about to go on vacation, I'll look into this when I return.

cheers

John

Same here :-)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the issue tonight with the "EMERGENCY_PARKING_BRAKE_ROTATE" command not working. The ringbuffer in the slave and master headers is set to 32, it needs to be increased to accommodate the longer commands. I've increased mine to 48.

Small update, created new side car to handle the canopy control and the FCS BIT switch. These vertical modules have been updated to allow them to be run up along the side of the standard modules. The last photo shows how they're connected.

5vMtvay.png

6fZS7Q6.jpg

65ntdIC.jpg

WY4EkOG.jpg

37Gd1Rw.jpg

Undershot that shows how the modules are connected together.

9mNVIEi.jpg

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73

Outstanding work! especially the front left console with gear lever and jettison knob, man i want to have this thing.

Bcause i am making an av8 lever atm , how did u mount your creations to the warthog, i saw those clamps in your first post but how are these mounted to the throttle?

Thanks FoxDelta! I saw your 3d model this morning, I was wondering how it hooked into the Warthog, waiting for follow up posts :)

On mine the side modules mounting pegs are sandwiched between the two metal plates of the warthog. Sections are dovetailed into each other and the existing screws are long enough to pass through the extra thickness. I have two main mounting peg types, both are shown below.

2GuES7X.png

cheers

John

Outstanding work! especially the front left console with gear lever and jettison knob, man i want to have this thing.

Bcause i am making an av8 lever atm , how did u mount your creations to the warthog, i saw those clamps in your first post but how are these mounted to the throttle?

that looks quite perfect, might i borrow this idea from u? i think i have to add something additional on the top part for stability, might use those two screws there as well.

thx for your picture

Go for it!

that looks quite perfect, might i borrow this idea from u? i think i have to add something additional on the top part for stability, might use those two screws there as well.

thx for your picture

Small update, created new side car to handle the canopy control and the FCS BIT switch. These vertical modules have been updated to allow them to be run up along the side of the standard modules. The last photo shows how they're connected.

5vMtvay.png

6fZS7Q6.jpg

65ntdIC.jpg

WY4EkOG.jpg

37Gd1Rw.jpg

Undershot that shows how the modules are connected together.

9mNVIEi.jpg

cheers

John

Hey Blue73, I was wondering if you are printing the boxes in ABS? I am sorry if its been posted already. I was trying to cruise thru the thread from start to finish but I gave up at page 6. Any ways if you are I was curious what settings are you using? I have been struggling to print ABS. And I been noticing your prints are really good and looks like there are no flaws and seem to have no clean up or clean up real nice. But when you get chance I like to hear your setup which brand of plastic and what slicer? Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My understanding from previous posts in the thread is that he is using ABS with and acetone vapour cleaning. I need to get an enclosure for my Ender 3 before I can get to ABS printing :-)

Fridge

----------

Things which do you no good in aviation:

1) Altitude above you;

2) Runway behind you;

3) Fuel in the truck;

4) The airspeed you don't have.

Hi Brewnix,

No cleanup and I've only vapor bathed the control knobs on the right hand side.

Yes printing with ABS, generally 0.19mm layer height. The top section of this box was at 0.14mm. The top 2mm plate was printed as a separate flat on the bed. The Zortrax printer is made to print ABS, I pry the parts of the bed, remove the supports and assemble.

cheers

John

Hey Blue73, I was wondering if you are printing the boxes in ABS? I am sorry if its been posted already. I was trying to cruise thru the thread from start to finish but I gave up at page 6. Any ways if you are I was curious what settings are you using? I have been struggling to print ABS. And I been noticing your prints are really good and looks like there are no flaws and seem to have no clean up or clean up real nice. But when you get chance I like to hear your setup which brand of plastic and what slicer? Thanks!

Hi Brewnix,

No cleanup and I've only vapor bathed the control knobs on the right hand side.

Yes printing with ABS, generally 0.19mm layer height. The top section of this box was at 0.14mm. The top 2mm plate was printed as a separate flat on the bed. The Zortrax printer is made to print ABS, I pry the parts of the bed, remove the supports and assemble.

cheers

John

Ok Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry I didn't answer all your questions, I buy my ABS plastic from here,

https://3dfillies.com/abs-filament-175mm-1kg/

The slicer is Zortrax's Z-Suite. It's worth investing in a decent printer to avoid being caught up with printer issues. I CAD the design during the day/evening and before I go to bed I set the printer going, by morning it's usually complete. My cheap Chinese printer before it was a right pain, I wasted weeks trying to get a consistently good print. In the end out of sheer frustration I bought the M200, around 2000+hours printing time later it's still going strong. The only maintenance is three nozzle changes. The amount of time saved easily justifies the price.

cheers

John

Ok Thanks!

Edited by Blue73

Sorry I didn't answer all your questions, I buy my ABS plastic from here,

https://3dfillies.com/abs-filament-175mm-1kg/

The slicer is Zortrax's Z-Suite. It's worth investing in a decent printer to avoid being caught up with printer issues. I CAD the design during the day/evening and before I go to bed I set the printer going, by morning it's usually complete. My cheap Chinese printer before it was a right pain, I wasted weeks trying to get a consistently good print. In the end out of sheer frustration I bought the M200, around 2000+hours printing time later it's still going strong. The only maintenance is three nozzle changes. The amount of time saved easily justifies the price.

cheers

John

No problem. I appreciate your time. Man there is truth to that statement. I have had good luck with my Anycubic. But I did buy it expecting the worse that the controller board wouldn't work when I got it. And would have to upgrade some thing. I bought it for 300 bucks thinking if it didn't work I would have a semi working chassis I could manipulate a fairly good board in it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you look into making your own custom pcb with arduino and RS485 combined on a single board?

Just wondering because you're using a lot of Nanos and building a lot of MAX487 boards. The nanos can get expensive. I know you can reduce the cost of Arduino by building them yourself. Although i'm not really sure by how much and if its worth it, especially if you're ordering custom PCBs.

Just curious if you looked at this route at all, and considered time/performance/complexity/cost/size trade offs?