Blue fog

Ducksen

Using VR Vive.

With the weather setting for fog and cloud cover with a density 9 and 10 will make the fog turn blue.

As soon as cloud cover is 8 or below the fog is gray like it should.

The blue fog makes the whole world look alien. Like Venus or something.

I was hoping that would be fixed with the Persian gulf map.

Se images from Batumi. They are from the same time of day same place, and same settings. Only difference is cloud cover. Cloud cover 10 and cloud cover 8. This is just to make it visible what I mean.

I have waited for this fix since the yellow fog was a problem.

Hope it will be fixed.

1233616007_Fogandcloudsdensity10.PNG.311a6804af1413ce87ca76e816cc90c0.PNG

173756249_Fogandcloudsdensity8.PNG.3c2c06332dfe7547ac3735e2a61ee558.PNG

This problem goes for open beta and stable version.

Thanks

Ducksen

I noticed this too. I think it's also true of 1.58

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Suffering from the same issue, although I am not using a VR headset. However I have trouble finding other mentions of this issue on the forums. This cannot be how they want it to look right? I'm using the latest release build.

L5G8I2k.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

it's not a VR issue.

i am playing without VR, yet i have got the same ugly looking blue fog that makes thunderstorms look ridiculous. i don't think the devs cared about it too much the last time i reported the bug.

Um, have any of you submitted, or considered submitting an actual bug report? That is the only sure fire way to ensure that ED knows about this bug. Posting your complaint in a forum and hoping an ED employee or a moderator sees it and reports it is hit or miss at best. Contrary to popular belief, ED doesn't constantly monitor these forums, and the moderators are not ED employees. A moderator has a real life, and doesn't spend all his or her time reading threads in the forums.

The moderator BigNewy has an excellent link on how to submit a bug report. You might want to try it.

@Vampyr, sorry, I think our posts crossed.

Edited by Balzarog
Late post

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Yes, since I realized, that Fog looks so blue, essentially when flying early in the morning or evening, I never fly with fog enabled, cause it just looks so ugly blue.

If U mix it with low clouds, I always gtting a white flash, when diving into the clouds. They become very bright from moment to another.

I am wondering, how this guy made such a nice looking condition. Maybe it's an older version?

Or very beautyful here:

If I try to rebuild, my fog gets blue. Not grey like here.

Edited by Vannipo

Um, have any of you submitted, or considered submitting an actual bug report? That is the only sure fire way to ensure that ED knows about this bug. Posting your complaint in a forum and hoping an ED employee or a moderator sees it and reports it is hit or miss at best. Contrary to popular belief, ED doesn't constantly monitor these forums, and the moderators are not ED employees. A moderator has a real life, and doesn't spend all his or her time reading threads in the forums.

The moderator BigNewy has an excellent link on how to submit a bug report. You might want to try it.

@Vampyr, sorry, I think our posts crossed.

yes, i did submit this bug several weeks ago, but there were no responses from the moderators or devs/testers.

i might try to resubmit...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...