PSA: How the mav sight works!

Pocket Sized

I think there is a pretty large segment of the customerbase that are not flight sim fans.

What? You might say.

I don't even like flight sims. However I still own almost every module except for the Hawk, CC101 because they are substandard products. And I am still very sorry about the halfbaked Mirage I bought.

I even bought the Albatros, and all ww2 planes.

Why? Not because I like flightsims. Because I like playing with a complex machine. And that is why DCS provides. A highly interactive game where you get to handle a complex aircraft.

And if one breaks down each dcs module to the level of cockpit complexity or clickable switches, then the Mi8, Mig21, and the Viggen are very fun to play. Because of the complexity it provides..

I like this part, good arguments. And I agree with you with most of it.

The ww2 planes however are all the same unless you want to geek out on aerodynamics.

And for the non-flight-sim customer, a viggen next to a spitfire will make the spitfire look very boring, simply for the lack of stuff to click.

There, I really don't like the "The ww2 planes however are all the same" it is your opinion and for a lot of peoples it is simply not true.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I think there is a pretty large segment of the customerbase that are not flight sim fans.

What? You might say.

I don't even like flight sims. However I still own almost every module except for the Hawk, CC101 because they are substandard products. And I am still very sorry about the halfbaked Mirage I bought.

I even bought the Albatros, and all ww2 planes.

Why? Not because I like flightsims. Because I like playing with a complex machine. And that is why DCS provides. A highly interactive game where you get to handle a complex aircraft.

And if one breaks down each dcs module to the level of cockpit complexity or clickable switches, then the Mi8, Mig21, and the Viggen are very fun to play. Because of the complexity it provides.

The ww2 planes however are all the same unless you want to geek out on aerodynamics.

And for the non-flight-sim customer, a viggen next to a spitfire will make the spitfire look very boring, simply for the lack of stuff to click.

What you described is going to be a pretty small minority. And irrelevant to the business of distributing software. And the topic at hand.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Which models of Mavericks did it employ? A/B only or the whole family?

AFAIK only As. But we will get Bs as well, because they have additional zoom, which seems necessary for our relatively small screen resolution compared to real life.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

AFAIK only As. But we will get Bs as well, because they have additional zoom, which seems necessary for our relatively small screen resolution compared to real life.

Also because the B was backwards compatible with A launch rails IIRC, they just weren't utilized on the Viggen IRL.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.