Capt Zeen radio fix for A10C Cap Loz Helios profile

Thank you, sir! I look forward to trying it out as soon as I get back to flying.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is there a solution for other profiles? I have a custom profile for my pit but it is derived from Loz'. Is there a way that I can edit my own profile to fix the radios without having to totally rebuild?

I also have a custom profile derived from Capt. Loz's file. I copy and pasted Zeen's buttons into my profile and I just resized and moved Zeen's buttons to match my radio setup and all works as advertised.

Thanks for all your hard work Capt'n Zeen.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Is there a solution for other profiles? I have a custom profile for my pit but it is derived from Loz'. Is there a way that I can edit my own profile to fix the radios without having to totally rebuild?

As Airdog says, you can use this fix in any Profile, just follow the steps and copy the buttons panel to your profile.

It looks so easy on the movie, but trying to move and keep the correct size and spacing seems to be beyond my simple ability. I will keep trying but no matter what I do, it never looks like what Capt Z ended up with.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

It looks so easy on the movie, but trying to move and keep the correct size and spacing seems to be beyond my simple ability. I will keep trying but no matter what I do, it never looks like what Capt Z ended up with.

try scaling widthout the SHIFT key.

Another thing you can do is doubleclick on the buttons panels and scale one by one, using the numeric size on the properties panel of each button.

Capt Zeen,

As always, many thanks for your work... your profiles take DCS to another level.

I hope you will be able to address two more issues with the, already excellent, Capt Loz A-10C profile. First, I'm referring to the 'Preset' roller switch on the FM and AM radio's. The frequencies also jump around like the others did prior to your fix and second, the flip-up panel on the UHF radio (this is always out of sync with the one in the cockpit)

sobe,

If you're still struggling to get the buttons resized/repositioned correctly - try the alternative method described by the Capt in post #7 (this is the method I used and it works very well).

@Capt Zeen @sobe

Edited by slicker55

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Success

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Success

Nice one!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

It's nice to see this working!

Did you reference my solution at all?

Specifically, the second half of http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=152171

It should be possible to run the same math in reverse when HELIOS pushes the values back into the sim as well, eliminating the need for replacing the rotary encoder swap.

I have not gotten around to this yet, but may give it a try later on.

Edited by RoboPhred

Capt Zeen,

As always, many thanks for your work... your profiles take DCS to another level.

I hope you will be able to address two more issues with the, already excellent, Capt Loz A-10C profile. First, I'm referring to the 'Preset' roller switch on the FM and AM radio's. The frequencies also jump around like the others did prior to your fix and second, the flip-up panel on the UHF radio (this is always out of sync with the one in the cockpit)

sobe,

If you're still struggling to get the buttons resized/repositioned correctly - try the alternative method described by the Capt in post #7 (this is the method I used and it works very well).

@Capt Zeen @sobe

I really dont fly this bird, so i never hear about the presets roller problems.

Probably need a solution very similar to the one on the freq rotarys.

I am going to take a look at the problem, and let see if i can fix it.

Hi Capt Zeen,

I'm so glad I mentioned this now and I am quite confident you will come up with a solution - fingers crossed!

:)

Hi Capt Zeen,

first off, thanks so much, the bugged radio export was really annoying, thanks to you this is fixed, awesome! I tried and it works. There is one thing however, and I realize this is most likely asking too much, but are you by any chance familiar with the Ipad DCS export app?

you can see at the link provided the code in the export lua to make this app (which is amazing) working.

I tried pasting the part --////// CDU APP CONFIG ////// simply in your export lua for DCS 1.2.16 but no joy.

Just in case anyone can see at a glance how one could combine the required entries from both export.lua to make both the new fixed helios and also the CDU app to work, you would be my hero. :)

This needs also some entries in the export lua,

• 3 weeks later...

Started to fly the Warthog again, and I came across a couple of niggles with Loz's profile. Don't know if you want to have a look at it, but here it goes:

The Seat Arm lever is not sync'ed with the sim.

ILS on/off turns opposite direction of the sim.

And, if I haven't already said so, thanks a bunch for fixing the radio frq's :thumbup:

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Here you are mate...:thumbup:

Edited by slicker55
File Removed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has a fixed profile they could let me have. Ive been trying to apply this fix, but I cant for the life of me get the buttons to resize. I keep trying to resize via the 4 corners as suggested but the box just goes bigger yet the buttons stay exactly the same size.

Ive done everything else just stuck on these damn buttons. Could anyone help or at least let me know how to get the bloody things resized so they fit.

many thanks

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has a fixed profile they could let me have. Ive been trying to apply this fix, but I cant for the life of me get the buttons to resize. I keep trying to resize via the 4 corners as suggested but the box just goes bigger yet the buttons stay exactly the same size.

Ive done everything else just stuck on these damn buttons. Could anyone help or at least let me know how to get the bloody things resized so they fit.

many thanks

Cowboy10uk

you need to mantain the shift key pressed while you scale the box, thats is !

FThankyou Capt Zeen, that worked a treat and I'm now up and running quite happily. Sorry must have missed that bit on the instructions. Keep up the amazing work, YOU are single handedly making Helios the must have add on. It was so under-utilised before when it was limited to the A10 and KA50.

Can't wait to see and try the UH1 profile.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Capt, I have a problem. I cannot copy the new buttons from one instance of the editor to the other and thus I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Hi Capt, I have a problem. I cannot copy the new buttons from one instance of the editor to the other and thus I cannot get it to work. Any ideas?

Open the 2 profile editors, and load the Caploz in one and the fix in the other. Select the button panels from the fix and copy (CTR C).

Dont close the profile editor, just go to the other one, double click on the radio panel to open it, click once more inside the panel, to be shure you are there, and paste (CTR V).

thats all.

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Like 1