New to online, looking for hints to fly huey together

0xDEADBEEF

Hey Guys!

I've flown the huey for a couple of weeks already and went through campaign and mission. Would love to join some online flying. I've tried just firing up the mulitplayer shortcut, but didn't get very far. Is there any basic walkthrough on how to start flying online in DCS? Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Basically, you open multiplayer, pick a server you like the look of (currently ones with passwords have an asterisk to the left) and then double click (or click once and then hit "Join")

If you don't see many servers then you probably need to update DCS

Once the mission loads you select an aircraft and press fly. The rest should be fairly straightforward.

Look for servers with a few players in them and try to join a teamspeak if you can. It's a million times easier to help someone when you can talk to them!

If you get a message that says connection interrupted then you may have a mod installed that the server doesn't like. Uninstall all mods and then add them one by one until you identify which is the culprit.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

If you plan on flying multiplayer missions IMO the first thing you will need is Teamspeak (64 bit client). It's free and easy to set up provided you have a headset with a mic. There is a website called SimHQ that has their own Teamspeak server where folks get together and fly multiplayer missions. You can see how to register with SimHQ HERE. Once you get set up go to the SimHQ Teamspeak server and just jump in if you see someone there. It's a friendly group of casual flyers that will be glad to answer questions and help you get started. If the Huey is the only aircraft you fly then you will have to join missions that are designed to use it as a part of the tasking. The Hollo Pointe server has many missions that include the Huey and they also have a dedicated Teamspeak channel on SimHQ that you can see HERE. Maybe this will help get the ball rolling.

Cheers

Edited by Blooze

It's as easy as carollhead said: launch it, pick a server and hit join. Teamspeak is recommened but not necessary.

When you say you didn't get very far, what stopped you?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

hi beef always happy to have a fly.

there are some very dynamic missions out there for the huey.

to help out a little for those others that are willing to fly, please let us all know where you are from and what times you are wanting to fly :thumbup:

Hey Guys!

I've flown the huey for a couple of weeks already and went through campaign and mission. Would love to join some online flying. I've tried just firing up the multiplayer shortcut, but didn't get very far. Is there any basic walkthrough on how to start flying online in DCS? Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!