What am I doing wrong ?

Morpheus

I have just a little problem with radar altimeter, just in MP. It's like it was all time in "Check", and I hear alarm, pointer goes from altitude to zero. This happens only in cold start. If I take plane ready to taxi , no problem. I try to follow Chuck's Guide (p.44: set index to zero and set it back to dangerous altitude without success. It's not really important, I set index to 0 but I should like to know what I am doing wrong in cold start. :huh:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

I may have glossed over this a bit quickly, but basically you set the radar altimeter knob to 0 in order to reset the alarm. Sometimes you need to play or wiggle a bit with it before you set it to 0 in order to remove the alarm light that pops up during the self-test. Once the light is extinguished, you should be able to set your "radar altitude alarm height" without problem.

Check this video at 2:30. The Radar Altimeter does a self-test, you hear the beep, and then you need to reset the knob as shown to get rid of the warning light.

Thanks, I just fly aerobatic with my team and don't use RSBN may be a day I 'll take time to learn all systems of this pretty bird but at this moment preparing VUAF and VFAT 207 for two displays (L-39C and Alphajet) and time is missing :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG