Wish List

Boneski

You will still be able to Build fast mission in a future product.. the only difference is that you will add your mission to the flight operations list and that your flying will have an effect on the VR world if your screw up.

If you don't screw up no body will even know you were there... just another jet in the VR sky.

Kinda like it is in real life.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought MS FS ... lasted about a week on my PC - very dull. I don't remember the clouds being anything great ...
It may be dull, but the clouds are quite good ... (you may need to crank up the graphics settings and change the weather to "ferocious" :D )

because then you would have to fly to a " form up point " then to a " target area " by using the map and viusually ID targets, as at the moment all you need to do is select ground mode and fly all the way to target because you know its there !!!

realistcally ( i presume)

you would have to use the surrounding terrain as cover from radar and view to get to the above as mentioned and use " pop up and look " tactics to find targets rather than being steered towards them by the unrealistic targeting diamond !!!

What does this have to do with the post which I replied to?

That brings again the modelling of the navigation systems- LO planes are "crippled" in that aspect, hence the diamonds. Also, RL ground pounding takes a lot of planning, intelligence info, satelite pictures etc. So perhaps we could elaborate on the mission editor options:

- built-in tool that allows you to take some kind of a screenshots at reasonable resolution (why not black&white :)) of any terrain that represent interest. The current ME in LO provides a topographic map which could be zoomed for a big resolution but it looks a bit cartoonish (orange populated areas with black rectangles representing buildings). Now I know if it has been made like the one in Flanker (that loads all the ground textures and 3D shapes in the ME resizing them many times) it would be a PC killer but a feature to have a top-down view of the terrain out of the game is a nice touch for a2g missions planning.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Yupp. It's all about details ;).

Fallowing the wishlist - I'd like to see flyable Su-25UB with hook (Su-25KUB?) to get ability practising carrier ops with AFM. Instructor in rear seat could tell young pilot same thing what ILS shows: "Too high, more power, etc." - just like in Hornet 3.0/Korea (in russian ofcourse). A propos! On Kuznietzov there are landing officers too, right?

Keep it mind that some Russian is preparing new 3d model for Kuznietzov ;)

That's the Su-25UTG which is not a combat aircraft- no armor, no weapons, only a carrier trainer. This particular plane makes sense to be modelled for MS FS, but for LO... I don't think so. Although the dream for two-seat flyable is living in the boards for many years already.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I know this was mentioned in previous thread, but not here. Well since it’s a wish thread.

• The ability to re select arms when Idle on tarmac, without having to exit.

• Better filtering process for Map view, required for better MP flights.

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Engine Turbulence( when in formation)

Flack (Big Black thundering cracking Flack)

Animated fueling trucks in Multiplayer that come out to you after landing (press alt R once and up comes a truck in real time and does the biz, none of this holding down buttons for age's,same with re arm)

Improved (in air) engine sound when another aircraft passes, sound like a flute at the moment.

And my fav!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no more smoke from a hit tank disappearing in 30 seconds make it at least 5-10 min( those things would blaze for hours,never mind 10 min)

a better Tatics map in multiplayer showing flot(cleared hot zone):music_whistling:

The rest what I want I am sure ED knows.

quick and slow.

CTRL + A, the more you press it, the more it speeds up. SHIFT + A brings it back to normal speed, and not sure if it slows it down, but at the speeds you can reach with CTRL + A it's hardly even necessary.

Well good point AirTito, but realistically a carrier trainer Su-25 would be good for squad days when you just want to get somebody used to carrier ops, and when he/she is comfortable, then you start flying the big bird..

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

It would be nice to have UCAVS

Have the program Launch 10 or so over a battlefield and the player could switch between them and engage, track(Recon) and designate targets for other players or

AI.

That would be very cool.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Well good point AirTito, but realistically a carrier trainer Su-25 would be good for squad days when you just want to get somebody used to carrier ops, and when he/she is comfortable, then you start flying the big bird..

I agree Eric, such idea already exists for Fighter Ops- they even go further and offer you a full pilot career- turboprop trainer (T-6 Texan II), then jet combat trainer (T-38 Talon). That would be a blast in LO but I think it's beyond it's scope being a survey sim. We still don't have two-seat cockpit and it is very unlikely to ever see it for LO. As a future module for DCS?- fingers crossed. The technology will be implemented for the Apache, I hope that will not be the one and only two-seater. I dream for a naval module including MiG-29K and Su-25UTG but there hasn't been yet a single spark about anything like that.

=RvE=

• 1 month later...

Wishlist

My personal wishlist: 1) Better/More radio chatter (more serious, official sounding, with breathing) 2) Random mission generator built in 3) F-16 4) Have buildings/bridges as targets in random missions Overall, the ability to pick whatever settings you want (which plane, weather, mission type, etc)... and have the rest picked randomly, and a mission generated for you based on that. That would make this sim perfect to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They are so many messages that I do not know if it were spoken before of this....

To my wish-list, one that the following thing improved in the next patch:

- The Main Thing, a new realistic meteorologic (the storms and the fog seem infinite, sometimes it´s rain over the clouds,.....)

-Su-33 REFUEL mode: the behavior of the tanker aircraft is very random (sometimes it accelerates, sometimes restrains).... and the most important for me, the basket of "the Tanker"cannot be seen in "on-line flights". I believe that in previous versions, this did not happen....

-The landings in the aircraft carrier are very simple with te Su-33 model (more realism please!!!)

If they improved all this, very happy serious I....but I´m satisfied with they improve the meteorology. :worthy:

To me, Lock On will be the perfect flight sim if they could add the following to the game:

-playable strategic bombers

-a dynamic campaign, like in Silent Hunter III, earning money to buy weapons, upgrade aircraft and buy new ones in a endless or long lasting campaign.

-new aircraft, such as the Su-47 "Berkut" - the pinnacle of modern aviation design.

• 1 month later...