SA Practice mssion

Willie Nelson

Can anyone tell me if there is an SA page practice mission where I can fly around inert enemy aircraft amongst friendlies and practice use of the SA page features.

I’m guessing a useful understanding of this page is critical to future missions.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

May I suggest just join the GS, BF, or 104th server, pick the one which most populated. Turn your radar off, fly low and watch the SA on MFD. There you have the most effective mission to enhanced your SA.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I could build a quick mission so you get the idea of what is seen.

The big one tho is WHAT can be seen and when. You get more of that in online MP.

Do we have awacs? Yes but only over near the carrier down south so there is good cover and SA is good.

When we fly to the north we rely on each other scanning the sky/hills in different areas to get a better picture on the SA page etc. So those pesky 27's don't sneak up on us in the hills.

I'm guessing the AI will see possibly everything, so not as realistic. Should test this to see in single player.

EDIT:

You still need a good GCI when things are busy and targets are not updating quickly.

Quick SA example in MP.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Thanks for the tips guys. I was hoping to stay of Multi Player for a while, until I’ve got a handle on the plane. I was really referring to the sort of environment that “The Reapers” were in when doing their SA tutorial video. Lots of targets and no threats.

I guess I could do it in The Mission Builder myself but I’m not very familiar with it. I was hoping there might be something ready made perhaps.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Yep, I would like to see a SA practice mission as well. I find this the most confusing aspect of the Hornet!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yep, thanks Wags!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Attached is the mission I use for SA testing.

Thanks a lot :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB