Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Can't get it to work

I'm trying to replicate the simple troop pick, drop and extract mission as is shown in the example missions thread video. If I drop the troops in a dropzone then they won't return after reaching their waypoints. I suspect that the original group does not get deactivated as I don't see my custom message that I've added to that trigger.

If I do the same with a pickzone then all I get is a message saying that the troops were dropped back to base.

I'm attaching the CTLD.lua and my mission files.

CTLD.lua

Huey_TroopTrans_Test.miz

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Ok, so I downloaded the troop.miz and replicated it into my own mission. Both of these don't seem to work. The troops after landing don't get deactivated it seems.

Attaching the original troop.miz and my own modified mission.

Troop Mission.miz

Huey_TroopTrans_Test.miz

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Alright so I found the answer in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192254

Seems it is a bug :(

Hello Ciribob,

First of all, congrats for your hard working on DCS & for the community.

I have a remark about JTAC part of your script. I use it for a moving ground unit, a humvee for exemple, the detection is OK, I can see a red smoke on designated target, but the humvee don't stop his route. Is it normal ? I checked options in the script and didn't see a variable to activate/desactivate this feature.

What is your opinion ?

Thanks again for your work

Rgds

Guillaume

Fullgas find missing code to able this feature, I post it to github Ciribob, when you have 5 minutes. Next step, add an orbit on detection when JTAC unit is aerial.

++

You can use a waypoint zone (e.g. wpzone1) to "ish" this same behavior. Put the center of the wpzone where you want them to run to and then pick them up there.

CTLD troops dropped in a wpzone go to the center of that zone. It's not the same as giving the troops actual waypoints, but you can still get similar behavior this way with a little twist in your concept.

Alright so I found the answer in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192254

Seems it is a bug :(

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

You can use a waypoint zone (e.g. wpzone1) to "ish" this same behavior. Put the center of the wpzone where you want them to run to and then pick them up there.

CTLD troops dropped in a wpzone go to the center of that zone. It's not the same as giving the troops actual waypoints, but you can still get similar behavior this way with a little twist in your concept.

Alright, thanks. How do these waypoint zones work in the editor? I mean how do I link a certain group of soldiers to a certain waypoint zone?

It's all defined in CTLD.

Any group that CTLD identifies as troops associated with it (e.g. extract1, extract2) that encounter a waypoint zone will route themselves to its center.

Basically this works by where you drop them, or spawn them if using the provided functions.

You can't create a 1:1 relationship between a specific group and a specific wpzone, but if you drop them off in 2 different wpzones, they'll go to 2 different places. The center of each wpzone.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

It's all defined in CTLD.

Any group that CTLD identifies as troops associated with it (e.g. extract1, extract2) that encounter a waypoint zone will route themselves to its center.

Basically this works by where you drop them, or spawn them if using the provided functions.

You can't create a 1:1 relationship between a specific group and a specific wpzone, but if you drop them off in 2 different wpzones, they'll go to 2 different places. The center of each wpzone.

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way for the JTAC, in addition to giving coordinates, to have him call out the elevation of the target? Would be useful for JDAM strikes and such.

There are easy ways of getting target elevation (MSL)... the problem is incorporating the mechanic to the CTLD script (which requires understanding of ~6000 lines of code... :surrender:)

Anyway, here's what I use to get elevation readings from units (perhaps you'll find some use for it):

Target = Unit.getByName("Unit name of the target in ME")

Target_Position = Target:getPosition()

Target_Elevation_MSL = land.getHeight( { x = Target_Position.p.x, y = Target_Position.p.z } ) -- This will return the ground elevation (MSL) on the target's location... although I'm not sure about the measurement units.

-- In case it returns meters and you need feet, simply convert it:

Target_Elevation_MSL_ft = Target_Elevation_MSL * 3.281

-- Btw, if you wanted to get the unit's altitude from ground (in case it were an aircraft), this additional line should do it:

Target_Altitude_Ground = ( Target_Position.p.y - Target_Elevation_MSL )

-- In case it returned meters instead of feet, simply convert it:

Target_Altitude_Ground_ft = Target_Altitude_Ground * 3.281

-- Anyway, you can then use this variable in checks...

if Target_Elevation_MSL > 100 then

do stuff

end

-- Messages...

trigger.action.outText("Target elevation (MSL) = "..Target_Elevation_MSL, 10)

-- Tables...

Target_Elevation_Table = { Target_Elevation_MSL, etc... }

--etc.

Edited by Hardcard

Thanks for that, that'll be useful with other missions I'm working on :D

What I'm trying to do is incorporate

mist.tostringBR into CTLD in place of the MGRS coordinate.

That would be ideal because it gives bearing, range and msl afaik but of course it's not that simple. cuz reasons lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

I changed the last code lines like that:

local _lat, _lon = coord.LOtoLL(_unit:getPosition().p)

local _latLngStr = mist.tostringLL(_lat, _lon, 3, false)

local _latLngStrDMS = mist.tostringLL(_lat, _lon, 2, true)

local _mgrsString = mist.tostringMGRS(coord.LLtoMGRS(coord.LOtoLL(_unit:getPosition().p)), 5)

local _altitude = mist.utils.round(mist.utils.metersToFeet(land.getHeight({ x = _unit:getPoint().x, y = _unit:getPoint().z })), 0)

return " @ " .. _latLngStr .. " - MGRS " .. _mgrsString .. " - ALT " .. _altitude .. " Ft - Coordinates: " .. _latLngStrDMS

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Brief question, is it possible to have more than 10 pickzones or helicargo units?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

What does fob actually do?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out here. I have a few trucks preloaded with troops using ctld.preLoadTransport("transport3", 4,true). Right now this means that by default a truck is loaded with two AKS paratroopers and 2 RPG-16 soldiers.

I'd much rather have only AKS troopers, in fact, I'd also like to know how to change them in to insurgent soldiers if at all possible.

My questions are:

1: How do I define what troops are preloaded?

2: How do I change the troops from russian paratroopers to insurgent soldiers?

I think both questions are pretty much related..

Thanks in advance!

Edited by DrummerNL
typo

• 1 month later...

Question... is there any way to have the JTAC only message a particular group?. I have a large mission where the ground attack is only one small part and I didn't want the JTAC messages showing up for everyone.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Question... is there any way to have the JTAC only message a particular group?. I have a large mission where the ground attack is only one small part and I didn't want the JTAC messages showing up for everyone.

Of course it is possible, but not for the average CTLD user. You’d have to dig through the 6000 lines of code and find the spot where the message is displayed and change the command to group message (outTextForGroup...or something like that). Of course, now you need to write some lines of code to determine which group to send the message to.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me out here. I have a few trucks preloaded with troops using ctld.preLoadTransport("transport3", 4,true). Right now this means that by default a truck is loaded with two AKS paratroopers and 2 RPG-16 soldiers.

I'd much rather have only AKS troopers, in fact, I'd also like to know how to change them in to insurgent soldiers if at all possible.

My questions are:

1: How do I define what troops are preloaded?

2: How do I change the troops from russian paratroopers to insurgent soldiers?

I think both questions are pretty much related..

Thanks in advance!

You can include a table defining the types like this:

ctld.spawnGroupAtTrigger("blue", {mg=1,at=2,aa=3,inf=4,mortar=5}, "spawnTrigger2", 2000)

If you want the AK paratrooper to be the one defined for "inf", or the default one you'll have to find the line that associates the model used with that variable, and change it to what you want it to be. This doesn't look like a heavy lift, but there is a bit of investigation and testing involved.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this script, but I also explore it in a limited way, I've missed how to allow people to drop troops or crates ( and deploy it ) in any zone instead only inside dropzone1,1,3 etc.

Thanks.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...

Loving this script, it makes JTAC so much easier to set up.

However, is it possible to make it use custom voiced files? Such as when a target is destroyed etc. It would be great to have more voiced responses when used with Vaicom, for example.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

Loving this script, it makes JTAC so much easier to set up.

However, is it possible to make it use custom voiced files? Such as when a target is destroyed etc. It would be great to have more voiced responses when used with Vaicom, for example.

Regards

Of course it is possible, but it will be easier for you if you just set up a trigger in the mission editor to check if the group is dead, and if so, play your custom sound track.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 1 month later...

is it possible to get ai ground units to transport troops using this script?

For example, I would like to be able to control an apc using Combined Arms, order it pick up troops, manually place a waypoint for the APC in the Tac commander slot (i.e. not use a predefined waypoint in the mission editor), and have the ability to decide when that vehicle unloads the troops (could be a random place. again, not a predefined trigger drop off zone in the mission editor)

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

is it possible to get ai ground units to transport troops using this script?

For example, I would like to be able to control an apc using Combined Arms, order it pick up troops, manually place a waypoint for the APC in the Tac commander slot (i.e. not use a predefined waypoint in the mission editor), and have the ability to decide when that vehicle unloads the troops (could be a random place. again, not a predefined trigger drop off zone in the mission editor)

Yes, it is possible... with some modifications to the script if you know LUA.