Civ Traffic Off will not turn off boats traffic?

Frag

Hi guys,

I want to have full control of ships that are within an ocean area of my mission. I noticed that even if I put Civ Traffic OFF in the mission options, boats are still appearing and coasting in my zone.

I need them gone. I am on the Dubai map. Am I missing something?

Thanks

They are part of the map and don't move. Civ traffic setting has no impact on them. I did request for an option to remove them if desired. No clue if ED would implement it though.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Using the scenery removal trigger removes static vehicles, trees, buildings etc. on land. Does it not work on water? There is a bug with this feature at the moment. Check out Suntsag on YouTube. He just put an example out this morning including the bug.

Using the scenery removal trigger removes static vehicles, trees, buildings etc. on land. Does it not work on water? There is a bug with this feature at the moment. Check out Suntsag on YouTube. He just put an example out this morning including the bug.

It should, but it is impractical due to there being at least 200 ships on the Gulf.

The world object ships cause a slight issue in that AI ships don't try to avoid them, so they just warp though em. The player objects on the other hand don't pass through without collison. So if you happen to be on a ship that goes through a world object, your aircraft will collide with it. Which is not pleasant.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Ok,

the Civ Traffic does not work for boats. Even at off the boats spawn anyway. I consider this a bug and will report it in the bug section.

I was able to clear a zone of spawned boats by using the action "Scenery Remove Objects Zone" inside a zone. But it jams the game for few seconds.