Another newbie question

FrankA

Hi guys I just found this great game a couple of weeks ago and so far I'm loving it :D. As a late Xmas present to myself I purchased a bunch of modules. I'd really like to download the 2.0 alpha, so that I could purchase the new map. My question is, if I do will the new download pick up all of the modules I purchased automatically or will I need to install them all again?

Frank

After installing the base package, and logging in, the module manager should automatically detect all modules you have in your 1.5.2, ask you which ones you want to install in 2.0 and do it. No need to reactivate modules, as licence keys are already stored in your Win registry.

That's how it works on most computers, although there are some users who had issues with manager not detecting all stuff, and had to manually install things later.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Also, you don't have to worry about it downloading everything again. When the installer/updater sees another installation of DCS, it will copy over everything it can and only download the parts that are new or changed.

Handling wise it's just like Art-J described, it just automatically avoids downloading where it can.

I wish ppl stop calling it "game" since it is a simulator but Welcome!

really_zpsep3jmhv5.jpg

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

NmrgvFr.jpg

fapt1op.jpg

Glad to see that you are enjoying DCS!! Welcome to the forums!!! Don't take it too seriously.........It's only a hobby.

2.0 is a hoot. I enjoy it very much. Just remember to bring your module's settings over to 2.0 when you download it. This will save you a boatload of time by having to reset all of your plane's control maps. Takes about 10 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes per plane.

To transfer your user settings:

Local Disk C / Users / Your Name, or whatever you log in as / Saved Games / DCS Open beta/

Config/ Input

You'll see all of the file names for your modules. Copy those files

Now do this again: (only look for DCS open alpha this time)

Local Disk C / Users / Your Name, or whatever you log in as / Saved Games / DCS Open Alpha/

Config/ Input

You'll see the same files there.......toss em, and paste the files from the Beta into the Input folder.

Voila!!! You don't have to reconfigure all your modules again.

Happy flying, and see you in the air somewhere.

Edited by Zimmerdylan

Thanks everyone, I pulled the trigger and the new map is a really great addition.

Thnx again,

Frank

Welcome aboard! What modules have you been flying out of curiousity?

An you can call it a game if you like :) Sims are a type of PC game after all!