DCS CMS Editor by Bailey

Bailey

Hello there! While waiting to EDs implementation of a native DCS DTC, I have made a Countermeasures System Editor. No, this isn't just an Ovgme .lua file you have to handle. It's a program that will let you edit the CMDS profile with ease. A picture is worth a thousand flares, er, words.

Click Here to Download from DCS UserFiles

EvuXLgn.jpg

Click Here for the Google Docs Download

All you do is open the program, select the DCS.exe, select an aircraft, play with some buttons, export, and have fun! It will even save a backup of your exported CMDS .lua just incase DCS decides to update and reset it. Remember, at this moment in time, this program is designed for the DCS F18C, F16C, A10C, A10C2, AV8B, and M2000 only only. Interest and demand will determine if other aircraft will be added.

If you give this a try, please read the READMEE. It is hard to miss. Also, I appreciate all feedback. Comments, corrections, suggestions, and even a "thanks" are all welcome. Enjoy!

Thank you to all the folks at the Hoggit Discord for doing some of the testing, general banter, and program naming suggestions ("EDCHITA" was a close second place. You know who you are :megalol:). Also, thank you to Arctic Fox for the program suggestion.

Take a look at the code here: https://github.com/asherao/DCS-CMS-Editor

If you are feeling charitable, please feel free to donate here: https://www.paypal.me/asherao

100% of all donations go to modules to make even more free mods for the community! (For example, the up and coming Kiowa and EuroFighter!...) Join us in the Discord Server! https://discord.gg/PbYgC5e

~Bailey

02OCT2020

Version Notes:

v1

-Added F-18C CMS editing

-Release

v2

-Added F-16C CMS editing

-CMS export is enabled even if default aircraft directory is not detected

-Added option to re-create original DCS CMS lua

-Adjusted numerical box max, min, and adjustment values to match aircraft

-Replaced sliders with numerical boxes

-Adjusted GUI

v2.1

-Uses en-US culture in C# to ensure periods are used for decimals instead of commas

v3

-Added A-10C CMS editing

-Added Preliminary F-16C HARM Table Export support. Please visit the 'Enable Editing Of Default DED HARM Tables Via A Lua File' thread on the ED forums to ask ED's help to implement the feature. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286963

v4

-Added M2000 CMS editing

-Added A-10C2 Tank Killer CMS editing (inherited? see Bugs)

-Added AV8B CMS editing

-Fixed a bug with the export of an aircraft failing

-Fixed a bug were the program would crash if you tried to load a CMS profile fr om DCS, but the file was not there

vFuture

-Add F16C HARM maker. Have to wait for the release of the feature

-Add F5E (looks not possible)

-Add A10C2 support for users that don't have the ED symbolic link (see Bugs)

Bugs:

-Due to the way ED has coded the A-10C and A-10C2, both aircraft may or may not share the same CMS file (feature?)

Pro Tip: The countermeasure lua is loaded on plane spawn.

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello there! While waiting to EDs implementation of a native DCS DTC for the F-18C, I have made a Countermeasures System Editor. No, this isn't just an Ovgme .lua file you have to handle. It's a program that will let you edit the CMDS profile with ease. A picture is worth a thousand flares, er, words.

Click Here for the Google Docs Download

PXDzFna.jpg

All you do is open the program, select the .lua, play with some sliders, export, and then have fun! It will even save a backup of your exported CMDS .lua just incase DCS decides to update and reset it. Remember, at this moment in time, this program is designed for the DCS F-18C only. Interest and demand will determine if other aircraft will be added.

If you give this a try, please read the READMEE. It is hard to miss. Also, I appreciate all feedback. Comments, corrections, suggestions, and even a "thanks" are all welcome. Enjoy!

Thank you to all the folks at the Hoggit Discord for doing some of the testing, general banter, and program naming suggestions ("EDCHITA" was a close second place. You know who you are :megalol:). Also, thank you to Arctic Fox for the program suggestion.

If you are feeling charitable, please feel free to donate here: https://www.paypal.me/asherao

100% of all donations go to modules to make even more free mods for the community! (For example, the up and coming Kiowa and EuroFighter!...) Join us in the Discord Server! https://discord.gg/PbYgC5e

~Bailey

READMEE

SXU0lTM.jpg

Pro Tip: You can load, edit, and save F-18C CMDS profiles while DCS is running, between F-18C missions.

Great software. Thanks for sharing. This is really needed

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Looks excellent Bailey

Can I suggest though that the number of chaff and flares use a numeric box like the ones used for interval and repeat. Currently you can only select 2 flares or chaff and I like to release a lot more in one go

Looks excellent Bailey

Can I suggest though that the number of chaff and flares use a numeric box like the ones used for interval and repeat. Currently you can only select 2 flares or chaff and I like to release a lot more in one go

Thank you.

If you (or anyone) provides the testing that "a lot more" actually works, I'd be glad to increase the limit. I made it a slider because it seems that ED says the limit is two. Which means that if the user wants more it is either (1) inaccurate or (2) unsupported. But, I'd be fine to expand that limit with some evidence that it won't break DCS.

The Viper need this

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Agreed. It's a balance between community desire, and the free time I have available. The most people that use the utility for the F18 and ask for the F16, the more likely it will be that a F16 version is made.

Hey this is great, Thanks for building

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Thank you.

If you (or anyone) provides the testing that "a lot more" actually works, I'd be glad to increase the limit. I made it a slider because it seems that ED says the limit is two. Which means that if the user wants more it is either (1) inaccurate or (2) unsupported. But, I'd be fine to expand that limit with some evidence that it won't break DCS.

I'm only getting into CMS at the moment Bailey and a big fave of my mine on YouTube is Growling Sidewinder.

The first 2 are how to employ effective countermeasures in there he talks about release of up 8, I suppose you could set them as 2 with a very short repeat of 4

This last one refers to setting up the CMS programs, where you can set it up to 100 for Chaff and Flares dumping everything in one go should you desire.

TBH though they are quite old so perhaps things have changed, as I'm just a noob at all this I don't really know.

I'm just basing it on setting up the Horent's CMS programs myself last night when trying out a mission and it worked like in Growling Sidewinder's videos

I have not yet had the opportunity to watch the videos, but if I were to guess, the limit is 0/1/2 because you can deploy one single countermeasure maximum at a single instant per CMDS bucket. Which there happens to be two buckets. Interval represents the time between each Cycle. A cycle is the number of times the sliders (flare/chaff) happens. So, for example, if you used the IR Sam profile in the image, it would deploy 2 flares at once, wait 0.2 seconds, deploy 2 flares again, wait 0.2 seconds, deploy 2 flares again, wait 0.2 seconds, deploy 2 flares again, wait 0.2 seconds, deploy 2 flares again, wait 0.2 seconds, program complete (0.2 interval, 5 cycle).

Do you have any plans of doing this for the F-16? This looks neat!

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Yes, there are plans and those plans are currently in development. No ETA, but the more people that want to see it, the faster it will see the light of day.

The Viper need this

Looks excellent Bailey

Hey this is great, Thanks for building

Input has been received, and changes have been made. Most importantly, I have added F-16C CMS support! Thanks for your support and comments! The downloads are live in the first post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281284

Version Notes:

v2

-Added DCS F-16C

-Added option to re-create orginal DCS CMS lua

-Adjusted GUI

Input has been received, and changes have been made. Most importantly, I have added F-16C CMS support! Thanks for your support and comments! The downloads are live in the first post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281284

Version Notes:

v2

-Added DCS F-16C

-Added option to re-create orginal DCS CMS lua

-Adjusted GUI

Thx!

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks! Definitely gonna be using this a lot!

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

@Bailey: For some reason the periods get exchanged with comma's when I use your program. Any ideas?

Cheers

Let me guess, you are not using a USA operating system, or you are in a county other than USA?

Yes I am. Danish.

Maybe if I change the language to US?

Great program BTW.

From what I have been able to look up, it is a problem with what is called "culture". Examples include ja-JP for Japanese (Japan) and en-US for English (United States). The culture determines things line dollar signs and, as you have seen, separators for decimals. I have made an update for what I hope to be the solution. If you have the chance, please try it out. I don't have the ability to easily do so myself. Here is the link to the special version.

Removed. Now Version 2.1

You should be able to change your localization to US, but lets see if we can get around that.

Edited by Bailey