The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1601 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

For crying out loud! I have this one! Damn, would it be possible to hook it up with DCS? 😁

null

image.png

It is planned to be simulated. We just need to ask Garmin if we are allowed to.

• Like 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

• 2 weeks later...

Skins and Versions 🙂

image.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

• 2 weeks later...

For strictly personal reasons (well, maybe not strictly) we need one in Memorial Hermann Life Flight colors, even though this is the military version.  Life Flight operated a Bo-105S before they switched to the EC-145s.  I like the new livery better, but it is what it is.

Then again there are places in Houston where an armed Life Flight chopper might make sense, even if most of those flights are inter-hospital transfers.

N557HH | MBB Bo105S | Memorial Hermann Life Flight | Sun Valley ...

nullWeapon Carrier / FN HMP GUNPOD ready for textures 🙂

nullnullnull

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 15

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „Materia“Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von HubschrauberIst möglicherweise ein Bild von U-BootIst möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „OFF HARM A TEST GUN RKT A 120“

• Like 12

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, Volator said:

Given the fact that Razbam and Miltech-5 have gone separate ways very recently and the deafening silence after that, we can assume that flying and fighting in the DCS Bo-105 has just received a major setback.

Well, that's a very pessimistic interpretation of what little information that we have received (I too tend to interpret lack of information negatively, so I understand the 'expect the worst, so you won't be disappointed' mindset). AFAIK, Raz and Mil have announced that ownership of the Bo-105 has returned to Mil after Raz have completed the parts that they were expected to work on. There is very little to go on, except that this is DCS, where lack of good communication appears to be standard.

I don't know if this 'Mil is now again the sole owner of the project' is good or bad. We'll see. I'm certainly hopeful - setting myself up to be laughed at again.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, Volator said:

Given the fact that Razbam and Miltech-5 have gone separate ways very recently and the deafening silence after that, we can assume that flying and fighting in the DCS Bo-105 has just received a major setback.

Razbam did a great job with recent F-15E, but they've never release any helicopter. Helicopters require totally different FM API to be coded from scratch by the 3rd party.

It would be way better for Miltech to cooperate with Polychop, their last Gazelle FM update is very good, Bo-105 could be released after the OH-58 Kiowa, using their new helicopter FM API they've created. It would be importent to recreate it in-depth as Bo-105 had some exciting handling qualities.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bies said:

Razbam did a great job with recent F-15E, but they've never release any helicopter. Helicopters require totally different FM API to be coded from scratch by the 3rd party.

It would be way better for Miltech to cooperate with Polychop, their last Gazelle FM update is very good, Bo-105 could be released after the OH-58 Kiowa, using their new helicopter FM API they've created. It would be importent to recreate it in-depth as Bo-105 had some exciting handling qualities.

The Miltech team was part of Polychop many years ago, but some decisions split the team (Some rumors talk about Polychop CEO was intention to cancel the Bo-105 project).

10 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The Miltech team was part of Polychop many years ago, but some decisions split the team (Some rumors talk about Polychop CEO was intention to cancel the Bo-105 project).

That's unfortunate. Bo-105 would be arguably the most exciting helicopter to just fly. A tem experienced with helicopter FM can make it really well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bies said:

That's unfortunate. Bo-105 would be arguably the most exciting helicopter to just fly. A tem experienced with helicopter FM can make it really well.

Amen!

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 11:02 AM, bies said:

It would be way better for Miltech to cooperate with Polychop, their last Gazelle FM update is very good...

Sheeeesh... Don't forget about history here. The Gazelle was total garbage for seven years. And PolyChop didn't care. It's pure luck for us, the customers (and PolyChop too), that a programmer showed up who actually could do the coding of a helicopter flight model. Technically, The_Fragger saved the BO-105 from PolyChop back in the days and i totally understand him why he had to do it.

• Like 6

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

So was The_Fragger part of razbam? Hence the lack of updates since this switched back to Miltech?

It would be nice to hear, after this transition, if things are still on track and going well and what we might expect going forward.

• Like 2

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

going on 10 years now....time sure is a' flyin' by...

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

On 10/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, dsc106 said:

So was The_Fragger part of razbam? Hence the lack of updates since this switched back to Miltech?

It would be nice to hear, after this transition, if things are still on track and going well and what we might expect going forward.

No, he was never a part of RAZBAM. He was part of Polychop Simulations years ago, untill he split apart to create Miltech-5 and wok on the Bo-105.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ahh... thanks for the info. Ok, so he's still our point person, but just radio silence for the past 3 months?

@The_Fragger it would be great to hear an update as its been a while, especially after with the ambiguous news of Razbams departure, many people would like to know where things are at...

• Like 1

All modules & maps | VR only (5950x, 4090, Reverb G2)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Simmers. Sorry, we currently cannot provide you with updates. Stay tuned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

12 hours ago, The_Fragger said:

we currently cannot provide you with updates. Stay tuned.

That’s fine - just the fact that we can see a sign of life after three months of absence allows us all a collective breath of relief. If you check in regularly just to tell us that you are still alive, most of us would still see that as a positive sign. 

So, great to hear from you, all the best, and hope to hear again from you soon 🙂 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Dear Simmers.
There is always a way to convince the enemy that he is evil.
One of them is to convince the enemy with HOTs and one way is to curse at the enemy.
Another way, if everything fails, is to convince him with lead.
That's why we have a G36 - this is planed.
I know that the Magazine is transparent....but the renderer thinks it's not 😉
We also plan to share some inflight Video in the next months.

May be an image of textMay be an image of aircraft and text
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Very cool!!! 

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1