DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

I had this issue start recently after an update. I finally solved it by looking at all of the settings. There is one called Enable FM Radio Tone. It had been selected somehow. I deselected and the problem went away.

Just updated, and everytime i start up SRS, i do a microphone test, however now theres a constant buzzing, sort of a feedback, which SRS picks up. Ive checked my microphone in a different program, but theres no buzzing, its not caused on my end (that i know of).

I cannot record it as none of my recordings pick up the buzzing.

I have no idea if i just hear it on the test, or if the buzzing gets broadcast over the network on the servers i join.

https://i.imgur.com/JkcHZFP.gifv

I hope this is just a fluke though.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

F-14 option set to DON'T USE DEFAULT PTT (RADIO MENU) BUTONS FOR SRS will cause unable to use ICS anymore?(same in hot mic and cold).

how to slove it?don't want to here PTT sound when i call radio menu everytime..

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

Dumb question as I rarely use SRS, but I get error messages saying that SRS is an unauthorized module now and its disabled in DCS. I heard that all I have to do is just launch it externally and connect to the SRS server and it will still work in game. Can I get this verified please?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I had this issue start recently after an update. I finally solved it by looking at all of the settings. There is one called Enable FM Radio Tone. It had been selected somehow. I deselected and the problem went away.
This is not a bug, in preview all radio effects are applied including the FM tone to give you an idea of how you will sound.

Turning off FM tone will stop it in preview, but also remove the realistic effect from FM transmissions

F-14 option set to DON'T USE DEFAULT PTT (RADIO MENU) BUTONS FOR SRS will cause unable to use ICS anymore?(same in hot mic and cold).

how to slove it?don't want to here PTT sound when i call radio menu everytime..

Dumb question as I rarely use SRS, but I get error messages saying that SRS is an unauthorized module now and its disabled in DCS. I heard that all I have to do is just launch it externally and connect to the SRS server and it will still work in game. Can I get this verified please?
Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

How do you uninstall Simple Radio Standalone?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

delete the folder it resides in

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have a new issue with SRS that I haven't had before. I'm getting "rapid clicking" of the mic switch. When I press and hold the mic switch, you hear the radio clicks rapidly firing off on all the radios. I've confirmed it isn't an issue with my actual HOTAS switch. Also, if I look at the in-game overlay, I see all channels rapidly flashing even when I'm not holding down any of the PTT's.

My guess is that perhaps this happens when I have my dedicated server running on the same PC? I believe my DCS.openbeta and DCS.openbeta_server both have the hooks installed, and conflicting on same port? If so, how do I change the port for one of them?

I don't have this issue all the time. Only sometimes and I can't quite nail down exactly how and when it occurs.

The problem stays if I turn off all other apps such as VoiceAttack, etc.

Any ideas? Much thanks in advance.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I have a new issue with SRS that I haven't had before. I'm getting "rapid clicking" of the mic switch. When I press and hold the mic switch, you hear the radio clicks rapidly firing off on all the radios. I've confirmed it isn't an issue with my actual HOTAS switch. Also, if I look at the in-game overlay, I see all channels rapidly flashing even when I'm not holding down any of the PTT's.

My guess is that perhaps this happens when I have my dedicated server running on the same PC? I believe my DCS.openbeta and DCS.openbeta_server both have the hooks installed, and conflicting on same port? If so, how do I change the port for one of them?

I don't have this issue all the time. Only sometimes and I can't quite nail down exactly how and when it occurs.

The problem stays if I turn off all other apps such as VoiceAttack, etc.

Any ideas? Much thanks in advance.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry, im sure this has been asked before. I need help with set-up.

I fly the warthog. These are my settings:

DCS HOTAS mic rocker switch set to : Capslock + Joystick Buttons 3, 4, 5, 6

SRS Radios 1, 2, 3, set to : Capslock + Joystick Buttons 3, 4, 5

SRS PTT set to : Capslock + Joystick Thumb Button

SRS Next Radio set to : Capslock + Joystick button 6

SRS Overlay Toggle set to : Capslock + Joystick button 8

IN GAME.

When i trigger Radios 1, 2, and 3 The radio channel gets a *+TR and people can hear me.

(i cannot hear myself and as soon as i let go the *+TR disappears)

the PTT push to talk, thumb button does nothing.

the Next Radio button, does nothing.

Everytime i trigger radios 1, 2 and 3.. the DCS ATC radio pops up in the top right corner (f5 ATC. f6 Tanker. etc.)

I CANNOT hear anyone else. I SEE the radio channel in the SRS window turn white when they transmit. But i cannot hear them.

The SRS overlay. All three radios have an amber light, all three turn green when i transmit.

Please Help! I cannot fly with my group until i get this sorted out.

Not sure what the cause of your issue is, but never, ever, Ever use caps-lock as a meta-key... EVER.

Caps-lock has it's own rules for locking and unlocking and very often does not play well with between Windows and other apps.

Do yourself a favor and use a different key. Just pretend that caps-lock doesn't exist.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Guess you're using VAICOM or voice attack?

Those two aircraft have an in cockpit ptt which is pressed when you do the dcs radio button

You need to close the radio menu to stop the ptt or turn off allow dcs ptt in SRS

It would be nice if DCS implemented the radio PTT functions the same in all of the aircraft so that we wouldn't have to turn on and off plugin settings to get these things to work correctly. (Or they could just build the Plugin functionality directly into the DCS product so that we don't have to use plugins. I've been spending the last week and countless hours trying to figure out why my Voice Attack+VIACOM Pro PTT Radio settings work in my A10C but don't work in my F/A-18.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hi. I Need Help.

I Have probles with SR since last DCS update.

Server and VOID in Grenn.

GAME and LoTAC in black NO CONNECT.

Uninstal and reinstall several times but not work.

Thanks!

PD. I Try with OPEN BETA and works well bun with the release not connect to DCS

SOLVED

delete savegames/script and works. ThAnkss CIRIBOB !!!

Edited by overlord

It would be nice if DCS implemented the radio PTT functions the same in all of the aircraft so that we wouldn't have to turn on and off plugin settings to get these things to work correctly. (Or they could just build the Plugin functionality directly into the DCS product so that we don't have to use plugins. I've been spending the last week and countless hours trying to figure out why my Voice Attack+VIACOM Pro PTT Radio settings work in my A10C but don't work in my F/A-18.
On the SRS radio overlay there is a question mark - hit that and it will explain what's available on the aircraft you're currently in.

That'll save any confusion in future

I also when I use SRS with A10C and I press the communication button, the DCS radio menu window opens. It's not annoying, but I don't understand why this happens. I remember that in the past I didn't even have to activate the buttons in "adjust control", while now they have to be set. Something has changed for the worse...

Solution?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

Whenever SRS is activated it works for a few seconds and then disconnects, anyone knows how to fix it?

Please use Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

• 2 weeks later...

I had srs work before now its not. Is there anyone who ccan please try to help me.out?

I followed the instructions and had it workong before. Yet now I cant get anything. Not even a mike key noise (not because settings because it wont work..?)

I had srs work before now its not. Is there anyone who ccan please try to help me.out?

I followed the instructions and had it workong before. Yet now I cant get anything. Not even a mike key noise (not because settings because it wont work..?)

One post above, please use Discord for support

I installed SRS. When I attempt to connect to the multiplayer server, SRS recognizes/connects to the server, to the VOIP, but won’t recognize/connect to the game. Weird. The Script Hook file looks correct.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Please use Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

• 2 weeks later...

Hi one of our members in the 132nd is having an issue in the F-16 where when he switches his C & I knob to UFC he disconnects from SRS. So he can talk to us via SRS as long as he is in Backup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitch:

My Specs:

i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

In the Huey, I am using RAlt+\ to access the radio menu. When I do that, SRS PTT occurs.

How can I tell SRS not to recognize RALT+\ as PTT??

I know i could use just \ for the radio menu, but that command doesn't bring up the menu when in flight.

Anyone run into this?

EDIT

Figured it out. Disable 'Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT' setting.

Edited by wraith70

Hey Ciribob,

Got an audio device error on a new headset I got.

I got a Steelseries Arctic 5, and I'm having trouble with one of the two devices.

Thea headset is seen logically as two devices to provide a game/chat mix knob.

When selecting the "Chat" version, it works just fine, but when selecting the "Game" output, SRS crashes.

I'd like to be able to use it on the game output for recording purposes.

Anyway, I cleared the log file, launched, selected the device that isn't working, and enabled preview audio, to get the crash in the log.

For your convenience, I've provided what I assume are the most relevant lines.

2018-01-01 04:40:26.8282 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview | Error starting audio Output - Quitting! Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88890008): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
  at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
  at NAudio.Wave.WasapiOut.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider) in E:\Dropbox\Dev\DCS\DCS-SRS\NAudio\Wave\WaveOutputs\WasapiOut.cs:line 366
  at Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview.StartPreview(Int32 mic, MMDevice speakers) 

Please see the attached log.

Thanks as always,

Wrench

Hi Wrench,

I know this post is over two years old, but wondering if you ever fixed this issue? I just installed SRS for the first time and I'm getting the same error with a brand new Astro A50 wireless headset. I disabled the "Game" mode in my Win10 Sounds Control panel, because it never works with VOIP servers. Anyway hoping you can help me fix this issue.

Thanks,

Bearcban501

Ciribob, just out of curiosity, why can you not respond to support questions on this forum? What is the point of this DCS Simple Radio Standalone thread if all you do is refer folks to a Discord channel? I don't have a problem or question but I also don't have Discord any longer and would be lost if your response to me posting with a specific problem is going to be "Please use Discord for SRS for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj "

Just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]