Helicopter placement

steelrfan85

Is there a way to have the helo spawn and take off from a spot on the carrier and then fly over and do its starboard side patrol? I know it can be placed off the carrier but didn’t know if it’s possible to have it take off from the carrier. Also if so is there a way to make it take off at a certain time so when I’m in deck from cold start the helicopter is waiting on deck and then takes off a few minutes later. Probably stupid questions but was just curious.

Not at the moment im afraid, there are other threads about this, you must set up the helo so it matches the carriers speed exactly to get it to follow correctly and that is pretty complicated.

The frustrating thing is that all that is missing to get this to work as it should is a follow task that makes the helo follow the carrier at a specific distance, there is such a task to make the helo follow ground units but not sea units. Seems like a easy thing to fix.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Is there a way to have the helo spawn and take off from a spot on the carrier and then fly over and do its starboard side patrol? I know it can be placed off the carrier but didn’t know if it’s possible to have it take off from the carrier. Also if so is there a way to make it take off at a certain time so when I’m in deck from cold start the helicopter is waiting on deck and then takes off a few minutes later. Probably stupid questions but was just curious.

Check out the Moose Rescue Helo script.

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS/Documentation/Ops.RescueHelo.html

I'll attach a sample mission for ya to play with here in a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Here ya go.

Note...I have moved the resuce helo rom the Starboard Side to the Port Side in this example due to the following NATOPS note:

Per NAVAIR 00-80T-105 Para . 4.6 PLANE GUARD HELICOPTER

Paragraph 4.6.4.3 SAR Helicopter Procedures

There is the Following Warning

"During recovery of aircraft with forward firing ordnance, the plane guard helicopter shall not be positioned on the starboard side from the 360 to the 090 degree relative bearing within 5 nm from the carrier."

Using the default values of:

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetAltitude}(altitude), where altitude is the altitude the helo flies at in meters. Default is 70 meters.

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetX}(distance), where *distance is the distance in the direction of movement of the carrier. Default is 200 meters.

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetZ}(distance), where *distance is the distance on the PORTside. Default is 100 meters.

Violates NAVAIR guidance

We SHOULD be using:

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetAltitude}(altitude), where altitude is the altitude the helo flies at in meters. Default is 70 meters.

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetX}(distance), where *distance is the distance in the direction of movement of the carrier. Default is 200 meters.

-- * @{#RESCUEHELO.SetOffsetZ}(- distance), where *distance is the distance on the PORT side. Default is 100 meters.

Rescue Helo Example.miz

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.