The Rookie Thread - Page 121 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #1201
BFBunny

Finally getting used to this thing. I've managed to employ the missiles, guns and work out most of the autopilot features.

I may even grow to like it soon!
BFBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #1202
Raptor9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisreb View Post
Guys sorry if this has been answered everywhere but spent and hour or so searching with no luck.

Had to re buy Black Shark 2 as original copy would not bind to DCS World.

Anyway have an issue binding my X52 Pro to Game Settings.

Main issue is mapping the O key to a Joystick button. The O key line is in red and the button mapping does not work although all others do. Cannot see O Key is duplicated anywhere so no idea why in red. Stick mouse not recognized either.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Many thanks
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by map the "O key" to a joystick button. Do you mean you are trying to map the "O key" in Saitek programming software? Or do you mean you're trying to map the "Uncage SHKVAL, designate target" command to the joystick in DCS options?

If you are using the Saitek programming software, I recommend instead using the Controls options in DCS to set up your X-52. I use an X-52 and don't have issues that way. Not sure why the stick mouse isn't recognized. Did you try programming the stick mouse in the "Axis Commands" category?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #1203
Cik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBunny View Post
Finally getting used to this thing. I've managed to employ the missiles, guns and work out most of the autopilot features.

I may even grow to like it soon!
it's a process.

i got the thing and tried to fly it being new to helicopters entirely. after a few hours i threw in the towel for a month after learning to hate the thing and it's totally bizarre handling, strange propensity to turn all over the place for no reason (well, a reason) and flight limitations that had me ripping my own rotors off constantly.

then a month or two later i was bored on an afternoon and gave it another go.

the real trick to the KA-50 is understanding how the autopilot works. once i understood what it was actually doing and how it interacted with the trimmer it clicked for me.

after that it didn't take long to become proficient and start enjoying flying it.

the nice thing about the KA-50 is that if you fly it smart, the autopilot can do 99% of the work for you. really, it's a wonder of technology.
Cik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #1204
w1der

Hello ...
My first post on this forum and I am feeling a bit "stupid".

Been trying to use the search function, but either I do not understand how it works, or no one else ever had the same problem as I do.

Have been using the default airplanes and started to get the hang of things (after realizing that this is nothing like what I am used to, coming from playing BF on the xbox360)... so I decided to buy the "Huey", as helis is "my thing".

I just started learning to fly it with the "free flight" feature.
Using the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick, I am not able to figure out how to use the "slider" to control the "collective" ... and find myself stuck with using "Q" and "A" for this ...

Am I missing something?

Would appr any assistance ...
w1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #1205
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

When you enter a mission, choose adjust controls and make sure your slider is seen and set correctly for you helo and game or simulation settings you are using. You may have to look at the pull-down lists to make sure you are making the right settings choices.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #1206
w1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Smil View Post
When you enter a mission, choose adjust controls and make sure your slider is seen and set correctly for you helo and game or simulation settings you are using. You may have to look at the pull-down lists to make sure you are making the right settings choices.
Thanks ... I did not realize there was multiple choices.
I was making changes to the wrong heli.

Problem solved!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #1207
Reaper6

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1der View Post
Hello ...
My first post on this forum and I am feeling a bit "stupid".

Been trying to use the search function, but either I do not understand how it works, or no one else ever had the same problem as I do.

Have been using the default airplanes and started to get the hang of things (after realizing that this is nothing like what I am used to, coming from playing BF on the xbox360)... so I decided to buy the "Huey", as helis is "my thing".

I just started learning to fly it with the "free flight" feature.
Using the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO joystick, I am not able to figure out how to use the "slider" to control the "collective" ... and find myself stuck with using "Q" and "A" for this ...

Am I missing something?

Would appr any assistance ...
For "Search Function":
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=52

You can set your slider as collective using the "Axis Commands" under Controls setup.

Reaper6

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.
Reaper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:29 PM   #1208
w1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper6 View Post
For "Search Function":
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...6&postcount=52

You can set your slider as collective using the "Axis Commands" under Controls setup.

Reaper6
Thanks for info about search function ...

Regarding the "bindings" ... I was not aware that there where 3 "profiles" for the Huey ...
I was making the changes on the wrong one.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #1209
w1der

Starting to get the grips of how to fly the Huey and the basics on how to operate the wepaon system ... so I joined a "random" multiplayer game.
I have no idea of how it works!

Was having an awesome time, flying around with someone called "ben93" (both flying a Huey) ... He was a good pilot!
All of the sudden we where both shot down by enemy ground troops.

I don´t even know how to "chat" in multiplayer ...

Please direct me to a good "tutorial" on how this works ...
Old 09-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #1210
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Hello,

This is the Ka-50 Blackshark forum.

You can find what you seek by:

Start button/All apps/ Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/User manual.

Glad you enjoyed your first online flights.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote