Bugs, Known issues & Updates - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-28-2017, 06:22 AM   #21
gregzagk
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Thank you guys will edit the mission files to ensure that the black hawks won't get in your way.
Checked also the hospital thanks.
gregzagk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #22
LCYCowboy

Mission 8:

I flew successfully to the airport, and found the C-17 with trucks and soldiers behind it (the trucks were illuminating an area behind it), but there was no cargo there.

Directly behind the C-17 was a big tanker truck.

I landed in the area behind the C-17 illuminated by the trucks, but there was no cargo anywhere.

I tried F6, but there was no cargo listed. I flew all around the airfield a few times, landed in various places near the C-17, but still no cargo.

Pity, as it has destroyed my 100% campaign success :-)
LCYCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:03 AM   #23
gregzagk
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Glad you are doing well and reached the 8th mission
Will check now about the cargo but it should be there. Will reply back in a few minutes.

Greg
gregzagk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:33 AM   #24
mangotango

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzagk View Post
Yes the message had the wrong frequency in. You should turn it back to 260 MHz. The 260MHz is the freq you should have during your flight as mentioned in the briefing.

I got it fixed now and it shall be available in the next DCS patch.
Sorry for that.

Greg

Thanks Greg!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mangotango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #25
rge75

In Mission 8, there's a small inconsistency in the mission briefing.

In the text, it says "fly above 500 feet" but the picture with the waypoints says 300 ft for every waypoint.
rge75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #26
rge75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCYCowboy View Post
Mission 8:

I flew successfully to the airport, and found the C-17 with trucks and soldiers behind it (the trucks were illuminating an area behind it), but there was no cargo there.

Directly behind the C-17 was a big tanker truck.

I landed in the area behind the C-17 illuminated by the trucks, but there was no cargo anywhere.

I tried F6, but there was no cargo listed. I flew all around the airfield a few times, landed in various places near the C-17, but still no cargo.

Pity, as it has destroyed my 100% campaign success :-)

Pretty strange. I'm right now at M8, but I had no problem with the cargo. It showed up in the F6 menu and it also was visible behind the C-17.

I first thought it might be a missing mod but I just checked my installation and I don't have upuaut or anything else activated atm (so it's a clean Vanilla installation except the Huey sound and pit mods).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170430_132105.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	161523  

Last edited by rge75; 04-30-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #27
SPAS79

Mission 6: You are at FOB (Olympus?) and about to sling load cargo back and forth to the Argo when the FOB gets attacked. Fast forward a bit and you have to transport the wounded to kobuleti military hospital, ADF 490.

1) There's two ADF transmitting around 490, so picking the correct one is not the easiest thing. But you can do it with a little guesswork

2) When properly tuned, the ADF brings you to Kobuleti airport's ADF. I was about to land on the building thinking it was the hospital when I saw the antennaes... I have gone around the airport (probably making the controller swear in 12 different languages) but could not find a hospital. I've landed in a depot, in a fuel depot but no hospital in sight... Am I missing something? (the full video is on my twitch channel, I'll move it to youtube in the next few days).
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #28
rge75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAS79 View Post
[...]
2) When properly tuned, the ADF brings you to Kobuleti airport's ADF. I was about to land on the building thinking it was the hospital when I saw the antennaes... I have gone around the airport (probably making the controller swear in 12 different languages) but could not find a hospital. I've landed in a depot, in a fuel depot but no hospital in sight... Am I missing something? (the full video is on my twitch channel, I'll move it to youtube in the next few days).

It's the same hospital like in mission 2. If you can't remember the location and how it looked like, then you might have a look at the briefing (pdf located in DCS World\Mods\campaigns\UH-1H Argo\Doc) of mission 2. It shows the location there.

Edit: In your video, when you go around 43:30, you can see it in the distance. The small building a few meters away from the big building.

Last edited by rge75; 04-30-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #29
SPAS79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rge75 View Post
It's the same hospital like in mission 2.

Edit: In your video, when you go around 43:30, you can see it in the distance. The small building a few meters away from the big building.
Thanks. That was useful! Now if that information just was in the brief (and I understand why not) or in the spoken cues while you fly. Instead, your copilot and helicopter commander sits there like a black hole. Not even light can escape, let alone words (like 'that one over there at your 9 o clock...' or something like that).

I'll try that again.
SPAS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #30
Sharkku

Want to start off by saying it's a really great campaign! Have flown 6 missions so far. Counting the hours until the next flying session every time!

However, some feedback:

-It would be really helpful if you could list the letter identifiers for the NDB:s and other navigational aids along with their frequencies, in the mission descriptions. Especially NDB:s are notoriously difficult to tune if you can't check your tuning by listening to the morse code.

-In general, the mission descriptions are great, and I really like the detail and fleshed out backstory. However, sorry for saying this, they could do with some proof-reading for grammar etc. Especially the use of "worst" instead of "worse" is particularly frequent. I know it's a minor detail, and doesn't affect gameplay, but still.

Thanks for this overall great campaign!
Sharkku is offline   Reply With Quote