Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 - Page 173 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #1721
Cyph3r

► Su-35 First Flight 10th Anniversary Sale

It's no secret that when we created a product named the VPC MongoosT-50®, VIRPIL CONTROLS designers took inspiration from the controls of a real Russian fighter jet. At the first announcement of the project a little over a year ago, many immediately guessed which aircraft was the subject matter.

On February 19th 2018, it will be 10 years since the first test flight of Su-35 - a promising multifunctional, generation 4++ fighter jet. The flight duration was 50 minutes and the flight program was successfully completed in full. The Sukhoi Design Bureau test pilot, Sergey Bogdan, who is currently working on the T-50 test program (now designated Su-57), piloted the aircraft.

Until now, the cockpit and all systems were classified as Top Secret, but despite this, one of the variants of the flightstick and throttle set was shown at MAKS-2015. It was captured in a number of photographs that were made available in forums.

Only 2 years later, at MAKS-2017, the VPC MongoosT-50® flightstick and prototype throttle was available for all to test for themselves in an Su-27CM simulator.

For the 10th anniversary of the first flight of the Su-35, and by popular demand, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team announces fantastic discounts in the official store www.virpil.by for all products of the VPC MongoosT-50® family!

Now is a great time to purchase a professional flight sim setup with a discount of 20%!

The sale event will last from 18/02/2018 to 28/02/2018, while stocks last.

For those who already have their VPC MongoosT-50®, the VIRPIL CONTROLS team have a lot of exciting news about the project and developments on future projects following just after the Spring - not long to wait now!

Thanks,
VIRPIL CONTROLS

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Last edited by Cyph3r; 02-20-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #1722
dburne
Veteran

Cyph3r,

Question on the Virpil configuration software.
In looking at the throttle listing on the website, I see this mentioned:
Quote:
With the VPC Configurator software, even further functionality can be acheived, such as idle and afterburner detent button presses, shift-states and button modes.
Is the above functionality going to be available soon in the Virpil Config software?

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #1723
sobe

What is the difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 Grip and the T-50CM grip?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:04 PM   #1724
Cyph3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
Cyph3r,

Question on the Virpil configuration software.
In looking at the throttle listing on the website, I see this mentioned:

Is the above functionality going to be available soon in the Virpil Config software?
Yes! I do not have an ETA on this just yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
What is the difference between the VPC MongoosT-50 Grip and the T-50CM grip?
Here are the changes on the MT-50CM Grip:
  • Russian Button Labels
  • Remodeled Brake Lever
  • Remodeled Flip Trigger
  • Remodeled Buttons
  • Black Hats, Main Trigger and Wrist Rest

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #1725
Schmidtfire

Hi. We're currently looking into buying VPC gear and have some questions. All of us will continue to use the TM Warthog grip for now. The plan is to get vpc mounts, vpc extensions and vpc base.

1. Comfort. Can the Warthog grip be rotated at an angle when combined with the VPC base?

2. Balance. Is the WT grip too "heavy", or does it feel balanced and center fine with VPC extensions and base?

3. Use in general. Is the Warthog grip a good fit for use with the VPC base?
We fly mostly fixed wing.

Thanks!
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:10 PM   #1726
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
Hi. We're currently looking into buying VPC gear and have some questions. All of us will continue to use the TM Warthog grip for now. The plan is to get vpc mounts, vpc extensions and vpc base.

1. Comfort. Can the Warthog grip be rotated at an angle when combined with the VPC base?
Yes.
Quote:
2. Balance. Is the WT grip too "heavy", or does it feel balanced and center fine with VPC extensions and base?
I have not used my Warthog grip with it, really like the Virpil grip with the brake lever axis. Someone else I am sure will chime in that has used it.

I can tell you, I have used this thing very heavily since I got it in like Sept. Usually on a daily basis. It is a rock solid setup and I would highly recommend it. Customer support has been excellent as well.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|
Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 AM   #1727
Schmidtfire

How do you know if the WT grip can be mounted at an angle if you don't use the WT grip with the vpc base? It is well known that the T-50 grip rotates. I get that. But the WT grip is different if you compare the bottom part of it with T-50 grip.
Schmidtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:45 AM   #1728
kingpinda

Quote:
How do you know if the WT grip can be mounted at an angle if you don't use the WT grip with the vpc base? It is well known that the T-50 grip rotates. I get that. But the WT grip is different if you compare the bottom part of it with T-50 grip.

The bottom connector on the virpil base isnt fixed like the connector on the warthog base. So yeah you can fasten the warthog stick angled to the left like you would if you use it as a center stick.

Also by using a extension this would obviously be the case since the wire that goes through the extension can be rotated as well.

I solely bought the virpil base to replace my warthog base because of sticktion. I also use a aluminium extension of 12 cm's made by the creator of the MFG Crosswind pedals.

so the heavy warthog stick with an extension sits fine on the virpil base. I believe I have the medium springs and soft center cams installed and since I fly alot of helo I have loosenend the springs so much that it just about sits in the middle but its very light to handle.

With these loosened settings the stick dips every so slightly to the front and left. not noticeble by eye but you can see that its not centered in dxview. but its like a millimeter or so.

So I recalibrated the stick so its centered with the virpil software and it flies like a breeze.
When you fly fixed wing I imagine you want a bit more centering strength so you would have no issues at all.

edit: on another note I had written an incredible story on how glad I was with virpil customer support but when I tried posting it I apparently wasnt logged in and I lost the post entirely.

In a nutshell I messed up my base kinda as well like dburne did just not as completely :p
I had some issues with faulty cams and some rattling. i guess it was a monday morning model. Last year Virpil offered me a replacement but on my end I had to wait a few months before I was able to.

This year I took them up on their offer and they very kindly sent me a replacement base when they received the faulty unit. I must say that it didnt cost me a dime since they just opened a warehouse in Lithuania making them Europe based and sent a courier to pick up the package.

All the kinks had been ironed out with the revised model. I havent even opend up the base yet since out of the box It worked precisely as I wanted!

Very very happy with my unit right now and I have alot of faith that this company will set a mighty footprint in the high end simulation peripherals! their aftersales support is simply outstanding and their products no less now they have upped their quality control. They are getting alot of rep for that at the moment and thats a very good thing. Thanks Cyph3r! Virpil is glad to have you I'm sure!

Last edited by kingpinda; 02-22-2018 at 01:59 AM.
kingpinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #1729
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
The difference is it is not being plugged directly into a Warthog base connector which is fixed, it is being plugged into an extension cable that is running through the stick extension. Your post mentioned using the extensions.

Same way a Warthog grip using an extension even on a Warthog base can be twisted at an angle.
Loosen the collar, twist to where you want, tighten the collar.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #1730
Barefoot Bandit

Quote:
As posted by others, it's a function of the base, though if you really need proof, I have my Warthog grip handy and can take a shot of the grip with the T-50 base

Z...
Barefoot Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mongoost-50, virpil, virpil controls, vpc