multiplayer joining lag

FoxDelta

Is this multiplayer lag, that everyone gets when someone is joining the server, due to the triggerd CHAT window information?

i get this lags only on server`s with much CHAT info at joining (and SLMOD)

(z.B.: RAVEN`s, F99th,...)

BURNING SKIES for example doesn`t have any JOINING LAG

?????

Check your HDD and memory when this happens (on a second screen). I'm almost certain this is due to loading in textures / model information for the aircraft joining. This causes major problems if you only have 16gb of RAM, as the memory is usually at 100% and needs to offload information to disk before it can even load anything new.

I often crash when a new player is loaded. Mig-21 is the worst.

• ED Team

Hi

We have a memory issue in the current version

We should have a new patch soon, let us know if it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Two "joining lags" I can think of, not just one.

First is the age old jolt when a player joins in a new model that hasn't been loaded to memory. This is experienced by every client rendering that hasn't seen the model before. That is solved by placing static models of anything in the mission somewhere on the map to force loading.

Second is this period of 1FPS you get in MP only when rendering the first scene and lasts for about 30 seconds where nothing seemingly happens. I can live with this, since it's only once, subsequent aircraft slots dont have any and it's individual client side only.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi

We have a memory issue in the current version

We should have a new patch soon, let us know if it helps

Any news on this? The new Hotfix3 did not resolve the memory issue - still maxing out at 16 gig.

I'd love to be able to play online again and havent been able to since 2.5 went to beta. I do see tons of others online though, is there a secret to getting online in 2.5 with the memory leak? Or do these peeps just have 32gig (or more) of memory and its not an issue?

TJ

• ED Team

Hi

work continues, and improvement s have been made, but the devs still want to do more.

personally I am now able to enter servers and play.

I would recommend trying this if you have not already

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

work continues, and improvement s have been made, but the devs still want to do more.

personally I am now able to enter servers and play.

I would recommend trying this if you have not already

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202214

Try joining my server when its busy, I think its trying to sync too many items (all the dead units, crates etc), the load times get astronomical(client times out because of it), and this ONLY(from what I see) happens on a busy server, BF also has this issue I think

Hope the leak fixes, fix a lot then then multiplayer netcode needs a look, CAP planes are acting like flying tanks (wont die in 3-4 missiles tank), but that's another bad issue.

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608