Hawk Stops while taxiing - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #71
comie1

Reputation power: 9
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmer View Post
Problem is still there ; went online ; started up the Hawk ; all systems function well ;
When i have full throttle i can't get the plane to taxi at all......

However ; in the OFFLINE modus ; i can taxi the plane and even get it airborne.

So, what is going on here?
Have a wee read through this thread dude. All HAWK's are grounded till further notice . I imagine it's a tricky one if it was noted in August and they still haven't found a fix yet. With it being such a major issue to their product I'm sure it's of top priority for them to get us back in the air soon...
Old 01-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #72
Auntystatic

Reputation power: 2
Auntystatic is on a distinguished road

the problem is wind, if there is surface wind on the mission the hawk is super glued to the tarmac, no wind it behaves normally, I don't know how ED managed to introduce that bug but the dev guys are trying hard to fix it as quickly as they can.
Auntystatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #73
bbrz

Reputation power: 7
bbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nice

That's interesting because e.g. the BST F-5 is affected by wind in an very unrealistic way as well.

Flying at a constant IAS/TAS with a tailwind requires noticable less power than in a headwind .

The F-15 suffers from this bug as well but contrary to the F-5 not always.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #74
gospadin
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 14
gospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of lightgospadin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
That's interesting because e.g. the BST F-5 is affected by wind in an very unrealistic way as well.

Flying at a constant IAS/TAS with a tailwind requires noticable less power than in a headwind .

The F-15 suffers from this bug as well but contrary to the F-5 not always.
Are you sure it's a tailwind? Wind in the ME is "opposite" of how most systems display wind.
gospadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #75
bbrz

Reputation power: 7
bbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nicebbrz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospadin View Post
Are you sure it's a tailwind? Wind in the ME is "opposite" of how most systems display wind.
Yes, because you can easily compary it with the 'approximate' groundspeed in the F2 line.

If it would be the other way round it would be even more wrong
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote