The Rookie Thread - Page 122 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 08:35 PM   #1211
CaptDick

Default Getting Kicked all the time

Hi,

I'm relatively new to multiplayer and have been kicked from a couple of servers already for accidental team killing.

I joined the red/Russian side, jumped into an SU33 and loaded it out with Air to Air missiles, took off and went on the hunt.

I'm not really sure how to identify friendlies when we all fly the same damn aircraft!

I joined the Russian side, saw an F15 and shot it down, to my amazement it was a TK. I can only assume that a friendly Russian pilot landed his Sukoi at an enemy airfield and stole one of their F15?!

How are we supposed to identify the enemy if we can select their aircraft?
CaptDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 AM   #1212
sniperwolfpk5

When you are scanning for bandits, on your HUD when you see a doubled dash line it means it is friendly if you see single dashed line it is enemy jet.
English is not my native language

I WANT DCS F-16
sniperwolfpk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #1213
CaptDick

Thanks, but when I am not using my radar and instead avoiding detection and sneaking up on aircraft visually, then how do I tell?

I want to get into formation with the enemy, then when they notice me surprise them with a heatseeker hahaha
CaptDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:28 AM   #1214
sniperwolfpk5

Well you can perform formation with enemy but keep your distance behind him in case he has evil intentions .

Well there are different ways to identify it. You can use IRST mode. This is a stealth mode, enemy will not know that you are watching him, same principle applied just like radar mode double dash line is for friendly jets.
Another option is to ask from your team for specific aircraft on specific position.
If AWACS is available you can contact and confirm BRA of the bandit.
Also use F10 map view on some servers to confirm foe or friendly

I hope it will help you
English is not my native language

I WANT DCS F-16
sniperwolfpk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:29 AM   #1215
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDick View Post
Thanks, but when I am not using my radar and instead avoiding detection and sneaking up on aircraft visually, then how do I tell?
Two words that will change your life forever: Situational. Awareness.

Sounds simple, but is very difficult to develop. The more information you have available, the better. Most servers advocate a TS server. Join it and talk to people. They'll be much more likely to forgive you if you make an honest mistake. And they'll be much more likely to guide you onto actual targets or tell you when you've got an ally in your sight.

It goes without saying that you should read the briefings very carefully.

Know your aircraft and its systems.

If you look at a bogey, would you rather risk a teamkill/blue-on-blue, or allow an enemy to bomb the sh*t out of your buddies on the ground? Whatever decision you make, real pilots suffer from many of the same problems.

Besides: Could a mod please move these posts to the FC3 forum? Seems they have nothing to do with the Black Shark.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #1216
Onedef1

Default Just jumped in, looking for any assistance.

So just recently a few days ago decided to take the leap into this DCS...

Running a 3 monitor setup with a capable system, Win10Pro

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle kit
KBSIM T Runner MKIV pedals
Trackir5

AC10C
KA50
UH1

As my interests primarily are Helicopters, Im focusing on the KA50 atm..

problem is my pedals will not work right in game.. they test fine on Windows and on any calibration window, DCS can see it, I see the Black Box in the Controls colums. but they wont have any response in any game I play.

I do NOT know how to edit the control profiles. Ive poured over this Forum for 3 days now, finally decided I need help. is there any user friendly explanation for doing a control profile? Im unsure what buttons are shown or how to assign them to a particular function... also, several actions have buttons listed across several Input device columns . Are they creating a conflict? ive soaked up eagerly all the info ive been able to come across here so far and tried to make sense of it but honestly I dont even know where to start, somewhat.

Ive downloaded and attempted to load several profiles, for all of my vehicles... my rudder pedals will not work even though I see a button(s) assigned to them.

I just wanted a good playing chopper game and after some research in the more modern offerings, settled on DCS. Im impressed but I am keenly aware that its MORE than a bit over my head

Id really like to be able to get this up and running somewhat decently so I can actually play for a change... I need a beginner specific setup documentation... everything Ive been able to find is rather advanced.
Onedef1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #1217
Rowan

Onedef1, the rudder pedals should not be assigned a button but rather an axis.

Look here, note the highlighted section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170115_110816.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	567.9 KB
ID:	155209  
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #1218
Nero.ger

also, if you press "RCTRL + ENTER" you get an indicator in the lower left corner showing you what your axis are actualy doing
Old 10-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #1219
DIR3W0LF

Just purchased this mod; It's going to be a hell of a ride
DIR3W0LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #1220
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIR3W0LF View Post
Just purchased this mod; It's going to be a hell of a ride
So, 3 days later, have you already met my very dear friend, the Vortex Ring State? Also say hi to rotor blade intersection (aka rotor blade salad) when you cross paths. Other than that, just trim, trim, trim and you'll be fine.