DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Is this the "Trees restored to original visualization"? No offense, but it looks worse than before.

I noticed the same. Didn´t notice any changes in trees or fixes, not resred to original visualization (deleted fxo and metashaders of course).

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Thanks we will take a look, it maybe worth doing a cleanup and repair or verify just to be sure.

Remove any unoffiical mods also.

If you still see the same post in the bug section with a short track I will check mine.

So far mine look ok.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Trees look much much better again :thumbup:

Thanks Mustang. Keep em coming. I'm also interested in medium alt shot.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

"AG TLL Line Points fixed."

Does this fix the HUD & T-Pod TDC de-sync issue in the Viper? I don't have a chance to check for myself ATM.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Trees

I am also seeing the same as Nikola...The previous trees looked way better in my opinion. I know about the lods but the transition from ugly 2D 'cardboard' to modeled tree is very apparent and way to late. You can't not notice that.

Cleaned, repaired, fxo and metashaders2 deleted, no mods..all the usual post update stuff.

Screen_200115_222045.thumb.png.7cba0e731a605aa63ca83ec2e8e2d6b8.png

Screen_200115_222127.thumb.png.7b901eaf64d000001c09051b4245dccb.png

I am also seeing the same as Nikola...The previous trees looked way better in my opinion. I know about the lods but the transition from ugly 2D 'cardboard' to modeled tree is very apparent and way to late. You can't not notice that.

Cleaned, repaired, fxo and metashaders2 deleted, no mods..all the usual post update stuff.

If you have Texture Filtering Quality set to Performance in nvidia control panel this will cause trees to look very poor, also having a low visibility setting in DCS will do the same.

If you have Texture Filtering Quality set to Performance in nvidia control panel this will cause trees to look very poor, also having a low visibility setting in DCS will do the same.

Texture filtering quality is set to quality and visibility is set to medium, but trees still look bad.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

A massive THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

for bringing back the good trees! I never saw a tangible performance gain from the replacements, all they did was ugly up the map a bit. Really glad to have the originals back!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Some new structures and vehicles were added..but it is a bid debatable about the improvement...below are screenshots with old models looking better then new ones..

In these pics as well as the tree pics, it looks like you aren’t running any MSAA. Also looks like terrain settings are turned down. Obviously they aren’t going to look very good if this is the case.

In these pics as well as the tree pics, it looks like you aren’t running any MSAA. Also looks like terrain settings are turned down. Obviously they aren’t going to look very good if this is the case.

I'm running MSAA trough Nvidia inspector and while taking a screenshot DCS disregards that setting since in the sim I have it off. The settings are actually all on high except water and heatblur, no clutter, preload radius is set to max, trees visibility 100%. Anyway, everyone can check it for themselves on Gudauta. I am not bothered by that actually since you really only observe these objects from a certain distance.