-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

The ACG F-5 vs MiG-21, Tiger vs Fishbed server uses

• A ground based EWR_1L13 for Redfor GCI with it's default freq. 124MHz.
  • A airborne E-2D for Blufor AWACS on 251MHz

Although I couldn't receive the GCI station parked at Sochi-Adler once airborne, the L-39ZA with channel 0 edited to 124 MHz, worked for AWACS/GCI calls.

As the mission is WIP I'm sure it'll be fixed on the next pass.

Ah thanks for clarification. I didn't realise that ewr/gci utilises the same comm channel called awacs! :doh:

I know it is not much of help, but if you are on the ground with L39 and the radio is deaf, make sure you have enabled battery, both invertors and the radio station. At least I sometimes have forgotten the invertors, when in mood of just sitting on the ground and talking via radio. :P

The server now rotates between a "Korea" and a "Virtnam" scenario.

I chnaged the freq. of the albertros. Pls check and report back, because i don't own this aircraft. I can't test this myself.

I hope you enjoy the server! :)

Just tested all 4 L39 slots, awacs communicated all the time from the ground, so all works great - noticed as well the soloflight+no ifr hood slots! :thumbup:

Cheers for the sehr geil server, I personally love it because of the no-bs attitude (no external views and other crutches enabled)! However some people reported lower-than-ideal fps because of those huge regiments of ground units in rectangle shaped formations, if they are still there in the same numbers. Maybe they are just temporary, or for weapons blast radius / effectiveness testing? I thought nuke testing included targets in circular pattern, not dense rectangle, but I'm no expert! :D

Thanks again and keep it up!

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah thanks for clarification. I didn't realise that ewr/gci utilises the same comm channel called awacs! :doh:

However some people reported lower-than-ideal fps because of those huge regiments of ground units in rectangle shaped formations, if they are still there in the same numbers. Maybe they are just temporary, or for weapons blast radius / effectiveness testing? I thought nuke testing included targets in circular pattern, not dense rectangle, but I'm no expert! :D

These Units become active and go into the city if one of their group gets destroyed.

I made them this way to give players the possibility to attack them before they can move in.

But if people are having fps problems I just make a respawn function.

Sadly since change to Korea map the server is empty, would be not more useful to run MIGvsF-5 after it is a new module for the next few weeks only?

There is only second server out there, with this scenario with unrealistic settings.

Would prefer to run this again was much fun with plenty of players.

greetings

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Nice ACG servers, both WWII and early jets :)

Just one thing has changed that has made me very sad :(

All of a sudden my Gametrix FF seat cushion won't work with the ACG servers :cry:

Used to work fine and dandy with both ACG servers, but recently I can get in and fly with no problems except that the Gametrix FF seat cushion fails to work for some reason. Soon as I log off ACG and go to Dogs of War then bingo, it works again. Seems like ACG has something against my FF seat cushion :helpsmilie:

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

I don't know what have change or if I do something wrong, but when the server is on the F-5 vs Mig21 I have an FPS hit or around 30% less and if I Shift TAB the read the chat I can't get out of it and the only way for me to leave the server is by leaving the game with CTRL ALT DELETE.

Thank you

• 1 month later...
As most player don't want to play the mig vs saber mission the server only runs the tigers vs fishbeg mission.

I going to add the saber and mig15 to the mission later this week.

Many thanks for adding the Mig-15 and Sabre. :thumbup: I don't fly Tiger or Fishbed and have very much missed Korea jets on ACG.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Thanks for adding the Sabre/MiG-15 again.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...

The server isn't reachable since one day after the new DCS open beta update 1.5.5, even tried direct connect to 85.93.89.102:10307

Is it offline for now or did it get updated to the new beta version?

EDIT: It's back!

Edited by Anna

That's great, I can get the Sabre out again. Thank you:thumbup:

As most player don't want to play the mig vs saber mission the server only runs the tigers vs fishbeg mission.

I going to add the saber and mig15 to the mission later this week.

You think only a few would fly on the server? I know a souple of guys who can't wait for such a server including myself! Just bring it please :)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

On top of adding Sabres to the mission, another nice touch would be to set the default paint of the F5E to the Southeast Asia camo skin to make it feel more like the cold war.

Also, can you please turn the skill of AI gunners as low as possible? It takes 2-3 minutes to start up a Huey, 10 minutes to get to the target area, and exactly 2 seconds to get sniped out of the sky by a gunner.

Edited by Reflected

The current ACG server is running the Fishbed vs Tiger mission! Can we have the MiG-15 vs F-86F once in a while as well?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hey guys, wanna just say I really do appreciate your server. Not enough servers let you fly 3rd gen aircraft against each other. Thank you.

I do have a couple of things I would LOVE to see added or changed about the server to make it even better.

1: Add Su-25A and A-10A. They both fit the time line much better than the Su-25T and A-10C do in my opinion. They would make sense to be on the server when people want to do some old school ground pounding. MiG-21's and Su-25A's vs F-5's and A-10A's just feels right.

2: I'd like to see some variation in terms of where the mission takes place? I know lots of effort goes into creating these missions, and I'm appreciative of it, but I'd be nice if the server would rotate once in a while and basically move the engagement area to other parts of the map.

3: Better briefing image and more clearly marked objectives. As much as I love the classic Khrushchev arm wrestling JFK, I'd be nice if there was real briefing images. Finding ground targets when all you know is that they are somewhere in the vicinity of a city is pretty hard, and having a little bit better of an idea as to where to look would help for sure.

(I personally know someone who has volunteered to make some briefing images for the server if you are interested. His stuff is pretty quality)

Like I said, love the server and I think you guys have done a great job. I think these changes would be appreciated by just about everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can a few F-86, and Mig-15 be added to the mission? That's all I would need to play on the server.

+ 1

In my opinion we do have a good number of MiG-15bis and F-86F pilots. If a dedicated server is too much for them, then at least we could include them in the Tiger vs Fishbed one. Besides, I do remember seeing them included 2 or 3 weeks ago. Simply because I flew the MiG-15 their once ;)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments