could we limit possible assets by the mission date

upyr1

I like this, same would be interesting for aircraft in service or available (for ai mostly) or even a more simplified setting to just based off of a conflict. Ie: Gulf war, Vietnam war, Korean, or WWII

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

Maybe there could be an option you could tick in the mission editor that would do that. That way, if you wanted to keep things as they are now and do whatever you want with your missions, you could just not click it.

+1.

I don't see the point. U just don't put them in mission if they are not of the period that you want.

You really don't want me to remake The Final Countdown mission once/if Zero comes out:megalol:

I don't see why you can't have the default date for the final countdown mission- or just make the filter optional.

It would be nice to have an advisory. Perhaps I want to have a 1998 scenario but I don't know the service dates of hundreds of airplanes, helicopters, tanks, vehicles, and munitions.

that's the whole reason I want the filter it gives us less to scroll through.

Could 'just' make those units out of time appear in italic in the unit drop down lists. Then you can still pick and choose everything, and see what is and isnt of that era. Plus it works for color blind too.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |