Message font scaling is great, but...

imacken

Please to see that this type of issue is being dealt with the message font scaling now in 2.5.5. However, it only goes part way to solving the problem wen running DCS in 4K as the Label font size, the FPS indicator font size and the Training Instructor text size have not been addressed.

Until that happens, I still have to use 2 mods to make this stuff readable in 4K.

See attached. First with ED's new option at max size, and the second with the mods running.

As you can see, all that the new option does is increase the size of 'Press SPACE to continue'. The text above, and the FPS indicator in the top left are almost unreadable. In the modded image, everything is perfect.

Can we expect to see this kind of option been expanded to labels, FPS/sys info and instructor text?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Please to see that this type of issue is being dealt with the message font scaling now in 2.5.5. However, it only goes part way to solving the problem wen running DCS in 4K as the Label font size, the FPS indicator font size and the Training Instructor text size have not been addressed.

Until that happens, I still have to use 2 mods to make this stuff readable in 4K.

See attached. First with ED's new option at max size, and the second with the mods running.

As you can see, all that the new option does is increase the size of 'Press SPACE to continue'. The text above, and the FPS indicator in the top left are almost unreadable. In the modded image, everything is perfect.

Can we expect to see this kind of option been expanded to labels, FPS/sys info and instructor text?

Theres settings in graphics something like font scale. Not at home so im not 100%sure.

Odesláno z mého Mi A1 pomocí Tapatalk

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

Theres settings in graphics something like font scale. Not at home so im not 100%sure.

Odesláno z mého Mi A1 pomocí Tapatalk

Thanks, but did you actually read my post?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

the Training Instructor text size have not been addressed

I found that only first message is not scaled, the next are ok.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Larger font for the fps would really be helpful.

See mod I posted here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3921958&postcount=6. Works perfectly in 4K and is OvGME ready. (Sorry, can't remember the original author's name!)

I found that only first message is not scaled, the next are ok.

Well spotted! Obviously a bug. I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Edited by imacken

I scaled it to 1.25. Worked but the larger size font then moved the text down further inside a constrained box area and so F1-10 was visible but F11 was half obscured and F12 was completely invisible so it's worthless.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I scaled it to 1.25. Worked but the larger size font then moved the text down further inside a constrained box area and so F1-10 was visible but F11 was half obscured and F12 was completely invisible so it's worthless.

It's not useless, works fine for me in 4K 1.5!

I'm guessing you scaled it too high for your monitor res, as the text will have to be contained in a box, so scale it to fit.

Edited by imacken

Tried 1.25 and it's ok, on a monitor @1080p. Using VR? It might be a bug.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria