HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

My two 3.1 only two on my mb...both are being used by my x56 hotas....

I ordered open box from Best Buy and thought I was getting the pro version with the leather face insert plus I don’t know if this is version one aversion two

I get my reverb on Monday...should I plug the hotas into 3.0 usb slots

Receive my reverb yesterday but it has the cloth face piece and how do you tell if it’s version one and version two I have the serial number. Isn’t there a difference between The consumer version which comes with the cloth and the pro which comes with a leather, also doesn’t the pro have better lenses please advise

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 yrs USAF MSgt retired AMMO Munitions Tech

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

Track Ir 5-retired....HP Reverb v2...VR

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

I just confirmed with a buddy that has version one it has revision A on the bottom of the box

So I’m just going to take it back and apply the purchase for a brand new one .....live and learn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Red Flag 4 times

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7, FE RTX 2070 Super, 32 gig ddr 4 @2933, 500gig m.2...850 evo 240 ssd, 1 tb 7200rpm storage drive, X56 HOTAS,

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

I just confirmed with a buddy that has version one it has revision A on the bottom of the box

So I’m just going to take it back and apply the purchase for a brand new one .....live and learn

Mine has revision A on the box. The only way you can tell is if your serial number has 932 or later in the numbers. At least the US ones all have Rev A on the box and include a clip too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

So my 2nd reverb arrived today, but life being as it is at the mo it’s still in the box and likely will be till next week (school holidays this week, so very little free time.)

But this weekend I noticed the wmr cross eyed thread up the top (must get my eyes tested) and it looks like something I will need to use as maybe that’s why I find the cockpit a bit easier to read in the rift s and also why I felt a bit cross eyed in the menus. The problem is having read through that thread I have no idea how to use it, so I was hoping one of you knowledgeable folks could give me a pointer or two? Ah times run out, my daughter and her friend have found me, thanks in advance....

Rev 2

Mine has revision A on the box. The only way you can tell is if your serial number has 932 or later in the numbers. At least the US ones all have Rev A on the box and include a clip too.

OK my ser number is 938… Does that mean I have revision 2 but this one is the cloth version so that is the consumer version isn’t the pro version better with better lenses? Should I take this one back and re-buy a brand new one pro version

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Red Flag 4 times

F 16C blk 50

F/A-18C lot 20

Community A-4E

Mirage 2000

If you're using steam vr for wmr beta you should not need to go past 100%. I'm on that beta and at 100% the resolution is very close to the reverb native resolution. Of course if you are not on the beta, this resolution will be lower at 100% and you will have to increase that slider.

I did this multiple times going back and forth between the beta and stable and noticed the changes taking effect.

I've been on the Beta since day 1, pretty much. Not sure what its like now, but back then it was the only way to get access to motion reprojection. But, the resolution shown at the bottom, at least in the earlier Beta, didn't show anywhere near the Reverb's native resolution. I still saw no quality difference between 100% and higher values, so I left it at 100% and its been that way ever since. :D

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Sorry, it's impossible to run with no ghosting and those settings. I'm running the fastest hardware money can buy, and have tried all various options. As Thud has surmised, SteamVR SS is much better than MSAA in the game. If somebody is not seeing that, they're changing it in the wrong area.

Nope, its not impossible, because I'm doing it. :smilewink:

SteamVR SS, just like DCS PD, is a major performance killer. Also, my experience with MSAA versus SS for eliminating jaggies doesn't support Thud's conclusion. Sorry, but I have to go with what I have seen myself, not with what somebody is telling me I should see. :thumbup:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I have to agree that extra steam SS is a performance killer especially in DCS where things are not so we'll optimized for VR.

I would be curious to see what happens when DCS implements native wmr support for these headsets so that you don't need to have steam launch with it. Would they handle the SS through steam behind the scenes? Effectively changing the resolution percentage would not be a thing anymore?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi everybody.

Kepping an eye on this thread since 6/7 month now.

Just received my reverb today and i really think i'm doing something wrong because i'm not that blown away from coming to Cv1..

The text and gauge are effectively really clear when sitting in the cockpit but in front on the plane (maybe 5/6 meter in front) the clarity really dissapear and all seems pretty blurry.

Same at really close range like taking my controler in front of my eyes, and it's really really blurry...

The most annoying thing is the lines on the parking. There's so much .. aliasing ? I think ? distortion ?

If there's a french on this thread who can help me (via discord or other) because i'm pretty sure reverb can be really better than what i actually see.. Or maybe that's because i'm playing on a 4k monitor..

My rig : 7700k / 1080ti sli (desactivated) / 16Gb ram / Ssd

I followed Thud's post and didn't see any change at all.

Using Steam WMR beta / And Steam Vr NOT BETA

Thanks in advance guyz

I get that too, with the lines on the airfield. I dunno but I think it’s just one of those things. Sacrifices have to be made. I personally feel that if the software/hardware allowed us to run our headsets at max pd plus’s max aa and high shadows etc all the current crop of hmds would be amazing. Sadly we aren’t there yet.

Still love vr

Bénî2a,

I would try it with a 1920x1080 monitor and no 4K - I imagine you are using up a LOT of the bandwidth of the 1080ti. Secondly, you should have the latest Nvidia driver (436.48 or newer), Mixed Reality Portal (19081.1301), SteamVR beta (1.8.16). Also make sure you are using the ONLY Display Port to connect to the Reverb without any extra connectors.

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Bénî2a,

I would try it with a 1920x1080 monitor and no 4K - I imagine you are using up a LOT of the bandwidth of the 1080ti. Secondly, you should have the latest Nvidia driver (436.48 or newer), Mixed Reality Portal (19081.1301), SteamVR beta (1.8.16). Also make sure you are using the ONLY Display Port to connect to the Reverb without any extra connectors.

Steam vr beta is not required. Just windows for mixed reality for steam vr beta.

Thanks for u help guyz.

To reply to Whitav8, i don't think a 4k monitor impact when using Vr, don't know where i read this but it seem's that ur monitor only reflect what ur seeing in the Reverb. Am i right ?

- 441.08 for my Nvidia drivers.

- SteamVr it's not the beta version but it's up to date because it's on steam, same for Wmr but i'm on beta on this one as recommanded.

- For the Dp port i'm using the cable coming with the clip (i'm on the reverb pro version) and the Usb.

Are you guyz using Dcs steam edition ? or standalone ?

Have u got the same blurryness as me in really short range and long range ? (6m in front of the plane)

Edited by Bénî2a

Thanks for u help guyz.

To reply to Whitav8, i don't think a 4k monitor impact when using Vr, don't know where i read this but it seem's that ur monitor only reflect what ur seeing in the Reverb. Am i right ?

- 441.08 for my Nvidia drivers.

- SteamVr it's not the beta version but it's up to date because it's on steam, same for Wmr but i'm on beta on this one as recommanded.

- For the Dp port i'm using the cable coming with the clip (i'm on the reverb pro version) and the Usb.

Are you guyz using Dcs steam edition ? or standalone ?

Have u got the same blurryness as me in really short range and long range ? (6m in front of the plane)

I'm using stand alone DCS. When you say it's not a change from cv1 that is very surprising. I had a cv1 then an Odyssey and now a reverb. The difference is clear to me.

Do you wear contacts or glasses? Because if you do, make sure to wear them in the Reverb too.

Nop no glasses or contacts.

There's a difference yep but just on the cockpit. When i'm looking out of the windows for example at my wings on a M2000C, i really don't see any difference at all..

And on top of that i get big stutter.. :/

I discovered already that SLI got huge performance impact (in a bad way..)

I'm following this guy actually :

And i really can't find the tweak to get better quality image at close range / long range.

Did u guyz see clearly outside of ur plane ? on external view for me there's no difference between Cv1 and Reverb.

Edited by Bénî2a

Nop no glasses or contacts.

There's a difference yep but just on the cockpit. When i'm looking out of the windows for example at my wings on a M2000C, i really don't see any difference at all..

And on top of that i get big stutter.. :/

I discovered already that SLI got huge performance impact (in a bad way..)

I'm following this guy actually :

And i really can't find the tweak to get better quality image at close range / long range.

Did u guyz see clearly outside of ur plane ? on external view for me there's no difference between Cv1 and Reverb.

The thing is I don't think the reverb was going to do anything for the outside of the cockpit. Yes for me it's clearer than Odyssey looking outside, but im not sure what you are expecting in those terms.

They are definitely clearer at least for me when I look at the world around. But I also have the preload radius already maxed out in options.

Well, hard to say what i'm expecting. When seeing videos on Yt about reverb, like the link i just posted or Sebastian from MRTV. They really seems blown away with that clarity. And that's pretty the same things with 90% people of this thread.

So i think i'm expecting something like looking at a 1080p monitor from 1 or 2 meter ?

Or maybe i'm expecting too much from the headset and the current Vr technologies by coming from a 4k monitor..

I'm just not sure i setup everythings right, i would not be the first to do it if we look at some pages of this thread.

Some after tweaking were really blown away. And i think that's what i'm expecting.

I’ve gone cv1 to rift s to reverb, and therefore can’t properly remember what the cv1 was like I’d still say there’s a pretty big difference. I’ve heard people compare it to going from standard to high def but I think that is overdoing it a bit. To be honest I was a little disappointed at first but the reverb most definitely should be noticeably clearer than a cv1, and outside the cockpit was where I saw the biggest improvement.

Have you tried waggling it around on your face a bit? With all my headsets it’s taken a bit of waggling to find optimum view.

Edit, Yeah the YouTube dudes are, in my mind, prone to exaggerating things.

Edited by Digitalvole

I remember when I went from the CV1 to the Reverb, I noticed the absence of godrays, but I remember feeling like it wasn't a big improvement over the CV1. But then I used the Reverb for a few weeks and got an urge to try the CV1 again, just for giggles. It was going back to the CV1 that made me say "Wow! This looks like crap compared to the Reverb!"

Well, i think i'm maybe the problem, not my reverb.. ^^

Just to be sure, from close range to far range, the reverb still sharp or it's blurry and sharp only from 1 to 2 meter in front of you?

Got to work on the Fps too, the stutter make's me feel sick after 20/30m

Quick question: If you are using DCS standalone, do you need Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR or just the default Windows Mixed Reality that comes with Windows 10?
You need windows mixed reality for steam vr beta version if you want to get the right steam SS.

Quick question: If you are using DCS standalone, do you need Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR or just the default Windows Mixed Reality that comes with Windows 10?

You'll need both SteamVR and WMR for SteamVR. Once you have them both installed, you can just start DCS like you normally would, and everything that needs to run should run automatically.

Appreciate the feedback. Myself, I am doing what you guys recommend. However, a friend is using the Windows 10 WMR and SteamVR...was just curious. It seems like he will not be able to get all the benefits of SteamVR the way he is doing it. Thanks