HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I started getting that strobe flickering on load screens only as of a few weeks ago also. It’s irritating and would be great to get rid of. Having said that it’s never lasted once it’s loaded up.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Is your reverb wmr settings in windows set to 90hz? I think the VR guide had some settings for it.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Thank you very mutch. Now it runs mutch better @45FPS:thumbup:

indeed. this is completely awesome.

before sometime I even had 90 FPS but it didn't feel as buttersmooth as now. even on very loaded buddy spike servers.

now it always says 45fps but feels like 100 all the time !

amazing

THANK YOU

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Is your reverb wmr settings in windows set to 90hz? I think the VR guide had some settings for it.

Yep, set at 90, doesn’t fix it though. Again, not a showstopper for now just less pretty while loading. It’s a great guide though isn’t it (VR4DCS.com)

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Yep, set at 90, doesn’t fix it though. Again, not a showstopper for now just less pretty while loading. It’s a great guide though isn’t it (VR4DCS.com)
Yes, the loading screens flicker a lot, I tend to pop the headset up on my forehead and watch the monitor until it is ready. Not ideal but not a huge issue, the results are worth it!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Not sure I noticed this myself. It did load the bar at the bottom and go from showing the jet I'm flying to the steam background back and forth. But yea I could see what you mean. I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the headset.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Not sure I noticed this myself. It did load the bar at the bottom and go from showing the jet I'm flying to the steam background back and forth. But yea I could see what you mean. I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the headset.
When testing an Index and Reverb back to back, the Index didn't do it so it must be a Reverb or WMR thing.

You can stop it going back to the Steam background (a setting under developer in SteamVR I think) but it doesn't stop the strobe effect with the Reverb when loading. Not a huge deal and nothing really to worry about, just a bit annoying :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

After owning the Reverb for only one day, I will send it back on monday. Ive already repacked it.

There are just too many things, I dont like about VR, like small FOV...

What I did not like about the Reverb was the obvious chromatic abberation, that started right at the loading screen, when it was not away and showing the Steam-background like mentioned above.

The blue loading-status-bar was only 80%blue with the (I think) upper edges being yellowish.

In the F/A-18 the DDIs to the left and right showed yellow edges on normally green ones. Actually almost everything in the outside 50% of the FOV had more or less coloured edges....

One thing, that did not bother me too much compared to the cromatic abberation, was the drop in clarity towards the edges. Still the FOV is way too small for my liking. Maybe my IPD of 66,5mm is too big and makes the FOV for me even smaller...

WMR is also rather annoying, especially since you have to install three different programmes to make it work in DCS; the recommandations in Thud's VR4DCS -guide for correct start of VR-DCS do feel not much more complicated than a cold-start in the Hornet! :smilewink: But Ive tried to just doubleclick the DCS-icon and everything actually started up well.

When I tested the RiftS I was disappointed but thought, that this might have been due to the moderate resolution of the headset. With the Reverb some of those "problems" have gotten better because of the higher resolution (SteamVR recommanded 122%, which was about 2500x2200 IIRC), but other still persisted and overall VR-experience was not better than on the Rift S.

Overall I think, the Reverb in the current situation of VR might be a good headset with some limitations, but for me right now VR just dont offer that much for me to feel any kind of immersion.

By the way, the SN of "my" headset is xxx936xxxx.

IMG_2934.thumb.jpg.230d0bfbb97ad13be1d7eb6e87a5da2d.jpg

After owning the Reverb for only one day, I will send it back on monday. Ive already repacked it.

What I did not like about the Reverb was the obvious chromatic abberation, that started right at the loading screen, when it was not away and showing the Steam-background like mentioned above.

The blue loading-status-bar was only 80%blue with the (I think) upper edges being yellowish.

In the F/A-18 the DDIs to the left and right showed yellow edges on normally green ones. Actually almost everything in the outside 50% of the FOV had more or less coloured edges....

One thing, that did not bother me too much compared to the cromatic abberation, was the drop in clarity towards the edges. Still the FOV is way too small for my liking. Maybe my IPD of 66,5mm is too big and makes the FOV for me even smaller...

WMR is also rather annoying, especially since you have to install three different programmes to make it work in DCS; the recommandations in Thud's VR4DCS -guide for correct start of VR-DCS do feel not much more complicated than a cold-start in the Hornet! :smilewink: But Ive tried to just doubleclick the DCS-icon and everything actually started up well.

When I tested the RiftS I was disappointed but thought, that this might have been due to the moderate resolution of the headset. With the Reverb some of those "problems" have gotten better because of the higher resolution (SteamVR recommanded 122%, which was about 2500x2200 IIRC), but other still persisted and overall VR-experience was not better than on the Rift S.

Overall I think, the Reverb in the current situation of VR might be a good headset with some limitations, but for me right now VR just dont offer that much for me to feel any kind of immersion.

That's strange about the yellow edges on loading screen and the ddi's. I don't have that at all. Also, you should keep the resolution at 100% in steam SS assuming you are using the app you installed in steam (windows mixed reality for steam vr -beta version).

If you don't have the beta version of the app then then you will have to mess with the resolution slider to get it close to native resolution.

I do agree about the FOV. But I think my IPD is around 62-63 and after some time in the headset I don't see the sides of the headset anymore like goggles.

I only bring this up because it happened to me when I got my Reverb, but, did you remember to remove the protective film from the lenses? I forgot about mine and was seeing something similar.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I only bring this up because it happened to me when I got my Reverb, but, did you remember to remove the protective film from the lenses? I forgot about mine and was seeing something similar.

Haha! When I had the Reverb, I did exactly the same thing!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have a question about ipd regarding the HP Reverb. I have seen in some other threads that people are changing their Ipd settings for different planes. I saw one guy who's ipd is 63 change his ipd setting to 55 in DCS because he said it made his cockpit look like a doll house. I assume he meant it made it look small. So is this what you have to do in DCS? Set you ipd for different plane? I fly the F18 and I have an ipd of 65 so what should I set my ipd to make the cockpit look right?

I have a question about ipd regarding the HP Reverb. I have seen in some other threads that people are changing their Ipd settings for different planes. I saw one guy who's ipd is 63 change his ipd setting to 55 in DCS because he said it made his cockpit look like a doll house. I assume he meant it made it look small. So is this what you have to do in DCS? Set you ipd for different plane? I fly the F18 and I have an ipd of 65 so what should I set my ipd to make the cockpit look right?

The DCS IPD is not related to your physical IPD. In other games, it is usually called ‘world scale’ as that’s what it is!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yep, been discussed many times in the past!

Yep, been discussed many times in the past!

And undoubtedly will many more times in the future lol.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My experience mirrored exactly what you mentioned here. I also sent mine back the same day.

I'm not sure how they are getting yellowed edges at all. I also can see how you can forget to take the protective plastic covers off but that's if you maybe thought the lenses are supposed to be blue by default?

I was using my Reverb last night but I noticed I had the PC turned off for a while so the headset would not come on after I picked it up and placed it on my head. The only way to make it power back up was to disconnect the clip and unplug the cable from the headset and plug it back in.

Is this normal? I thought once your PC is on and you lift the headset, it should boot up wmr portal. It did do this after I unplugged and plugged it back in.

I'm not sure how they are getting yellowed edges at all. I also can see how you can forget to take the protective plastic covers off but that's if you maybe thought the lenses are supposed to be blue by default?

I was using my Reverb last night but I noticed I had the PC turned off for a while so the headset would not come on after I picked it up and placed it on my head. The only way to make it power back up was to disconnect the clip and unplug the cable from the headset and plug it back in.

Is this normal? I thought once your PC is on and you lift the headset, it should boot up wmr portal. It did do this after I unplugged and plugged it back in.

My plastic film was such a faint blue, it appeared clear in normal lighting conditions. It made me think there was something wrong with the lenses until I shined a bright light in there and saw the slight blue tint. Took the film off and its been fine ever since. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

My experience mirrored exactly what you mentioned here. I also sent mine back the same day.

I cannot confirm your experiences. Yes, the sweetspot of the Index is bigger and the picture from edge to edge is in summary more homogeneously. I really like the Index for VR-Games. But for DCS the Reverb is my favorit VR-Headset. Because for the frst time i am able to read the displays in the hornet and all the gauges as well. No more leaning forward! And looking outside the windows i can see a tanker as a tanker at 1nm in air to air refueling and not just a bunch of pixels.

Resolution of the Reverb at the FOV and the Overear loudspeakers of the Index. That would be my VR-HMD!

System

i9 9900K / Asus MAXIMUS XI Hero /

32GB DDR4-4400 / RTX 2080 ti / HOTAS Warthog / MFG Crosswind / Valve Index / HP Reverb / Vive Pro / PIMAX 5k+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry you had a bad experience with the Reverb. And clearly you must have had a faulty headset. It is not suppose to look like this. I would have sent back mine too if I had these problems. :)

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

The DCS IPD is not related to your physical IPD. In other games, it is usually called ‘world scale’ as that’s what it is!

I use the HP Reverb and my ipd is 65 for VR headsets. I changed the DCS in game VR setting ipd to 55 while flying the F18 and I noticed no difference to the world scale at all? How are you supposed to know if this is working or not? I would imaging the building would get bigger, correct? But they didn't.

I even set it to something ridiculous like 559 ipd in the VR settings in DCS and it did nothing? Am I missing something here? When I have change world scale in other game in VR it's quite obvious to see, but I just don't see it happening in DCS. Any idea's? Cheers!

Edited by joebloggs

I use the HP Reverb and my ipd is 65 for VR headsets. I changed the DCS in game VR setting ipd to 55 while flying the F18 and I noticed no difference to the world scale at all? How are you supposed to know if this is working or not? I would imaging the building would get bigger, correct? But they didn't.

I even set it to something ridiculous like 559 ipd in the VR settings in DCS and it did nothing? Am I missing something here? When I have change world scale in other game in VR it's quite obvious to see, but I just don't see it happening in DCS. Any idea's? Cheers!

I am pretty sure the software IPD adjustment in the WMR Portal settings for the Reverb is still broken, HP require Microsoft to fix it and is still an issue AFAIK. I can only presume the DCS option uses the same process?

Do any of you leave your computer off with the Reverb connected to it?

I've been working like crazy lately and haven't had time to do any flying.

Anytime I turn on my PC after it's been off, I have to unplug the reverb and plug it back in because it's unresponsive.

Do any of you leave your computer off with the Reverb connected to it?

I've been working like crazy lately and haven't had time to do any flying.

Anytime I turn on my PC after it's been off, I have to unplug the reverb and plug it back in because it's unresponsive.

Make sure you cover the lenses when not in use, I use the bag.it came with, as you want to prevent dust and light

My PC powers down/sleep when pressing power button so I tend to 'turn it off' when I'm not flying