HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Acording to HP, that shouldn't happen with new units:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/HP-Reverb-screen-going-black/td-p/7144758

Aparently is due to the cable not being well fixed to the HMD, that was the main reason of the Delay of the Reverb.

In my case, I have the second units, with the special plastic fixing the cable , but I have the same issue.

In my case, I have the second units, with the special plastic fixing the cable , but I have the same issue.
I don't like hearing that because I figure these newer units resolved this issue. Maybe you got an old model by accident? I would report it to HP and they should send you another.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I don't like hearing that because I figure these newer units resolved this issue. Maybe you got an old model by accident? I would report it to HP and they should send you another.

When I had the first failure with the black screen, HP sent me a new glasses. So I have had the same failure with two diferent devices, and HP has ruled out that the failure is due to the device.

When I had the first failure with the black screen, HP sent me a new glasses. So I have had the same failure with two diferent devices, and HP has ruled out that the failure is due to the device.
Hopefully they send a working third one to you now. I know a lot of people in this thread had the same issue. Seems like it was resolved with the new units.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hopefully they send a working third one to you now. I know a lot of people in this thread had the same issue. Seems like it was resolved with the new units.

I'm afraid not. HP has already closed the issue, so they no longer give me technical assistance.

Sounds like a USB power issue to me.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I'm afraid not. HP has already closed the issue, so they no longer give me technical assistance.
Keep calling and get another ticket open. You are entitled to get a working product if still under warranty. Another thing to try is install a USB 3.0 card in your PC that has at least one bus dedicated power delivery to the USB 3.0 ports.

Keep calling and get another ticket open. You are entitled to get a working product if still under warranty. Another thing to try is install a USB 3.0 card in your PC that has at least one bus dedicated power delivery to the USB 3.0 ports.
I have an external USB card with its own power suply. I think the USB issue is a possible cause, but I have test many options and without possitive results.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

I have an external USB card with its own power suply. I think the USB issue is a possible cause, but I have test many options and without possitive results.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 5 mediante Tapatalk

Most people here used an internal USB card connected directly to the power supply. Maybe it's a possibility for you to try. Startek makes good options for this.

They should be able to open another ticket for you without a problem. They understand how tricky it is sometimes to catch something broken long enough to troubleshoot it.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Is anyone with the reverb able to read the warning panel lights on the right side console in the F14?? No cheating methods just simply looking at the panel and maybe leaning in a bit.

and by read I mean actually read it and not simply recognize a word by the approximate lenght of the characters and its location.

PS In regards to my previous post about DCS constantly fading to steam grid it was indeed caused by malwarebytes. I simply went to exclusions and excluded the DCS folder and its great again.

Thanks!

Gun

I can't read it!

This is what I got yesterday after calling HP a few days ago (faceplate has started peeling). Note I went to their workstation dept who deal with the business side.

Important – Return procedure

HP, in most cases, requires the return of the good and/or defective parts associated with your CSR event. HP encourages you to return the part within three days of receipt.

CSR = Customer Self Repair

I believe they are sending out a new headset, I will know on Monday! This is in the UK BTW

A new headset arrived today. The bare headset, without cable nor headphones which is fine for customer self repair. I just have to send back the faulty unit (pretty good service for a duff face plate). I think there is a benefit of having a Pro warranty wise.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Am still on the fence on which HMD to get. At the moment being confused by all the forum info. It seems there are still a lot of issues with the reverb and not great QA. Is that a correct conclusion? Are there lots of people sending them back or is it only a few. Is the reverb smooth in DCS?

Will only use for DCS and have a high end system.

Any thoughts on the above?

Thanks

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Am still on the fence on which HMD to get. At the moment being confused by all the forum info. It seems there are still a lot of issues with the reverb and not great QA. Is that a correct conclusion? Are there lots of people sending them back or is it only a few. Is the reverb smooth in DCS?

The first batch sent out had a lot of issues, HP struggled to get decent stock of fixed ones even to replace the bad ones, so a number got refunded as the only option. They seem to be on top of it now and stock is building up although still scarce in some countries.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I have been waiting for the issues to get ironed out… They are selling them again on Amazon so I’m hopeful these are the new versions. Anyone know differently? Thought about Xtal, then thought about my wife murdering me… she doesn’t stare daggers at me when I tell her I’m purchasing the Reverb.

Thanks

I'd say from what I've heard most of the issues have been ironed out, and HP support seems to be at least "OK" if you have any problems. I'd say based on what I've seen recently not too many people are sending em back at this point. Its always that sampling issue of you mainly hear about the "problems" in reviews, not the happy customers that aren't gonna bother writing one.

Performance wise if you have a high end system (1080 or above) it seems to work pretty well, the initial concerns about it being a system killer were largely overstated (including by me). Overall WMR seems to have better performance than the Occulus runtime IMO.

Anyhow, my .02.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks

I just got my HP Reverb a few weeks ago and I'm not having much issues with a 1080ti.

Matter of fact I'm having a blast. Only using it for DCS.

The only issue that bothers me is the flickering while waiting for missions to load.

I'm definitely not returning it.

Thanks

Pizmo

I just got my HP Reverb a few weeks ago and I'm not having much issues with a 1080ti.

Matter of fact I'm having a blast. Only using it for DCS.

The only issue that bothers me is the flickering while waiting for missions to load.

I'm definitely not returning it.

Thanks

Pizmo

Probably because 90hz that's why I imagine it's flickering. As long as it isn't flickering in gameplay.

Probably because 90hz that's why I imagine it's flickering. As long as it isn't flickering in gameplay.

No its just the load screens. Occulus had similar wierd optical artifacts on load screens. It just seems to be a DCS feature. Its not a big deal, just annoying, its definitely not there during game play.

I think there is some setting where you can have the headset pop into the SteamVR starry sky/grid instead.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Whilst not very popular at this time with enthusiasts, I am still loving my Rift S. No tinkering, no faffing about and it works great every time.

Been using it daily since I got it around May 24th.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Whilst not very popular at this time with enthusiasts, I am still loving my Rift S. No tinkering, no faffing about and it works great every time.

Been using it daily since I got it around May 24th.

There's no real faffing about with the reverb either really. I set it up once and its worked well since.

There's no real faffing about with the reverb either really. I set it up once and its worked well since.
The only faff I had is having to edit a file to enable reprojection. Other than that it has been incredibly straightforward.

Far more so than learning to fly a DCS aircraft :)

The only faff I had is having to edit a file to enable reprojection. Other than that it has been incredibly straightforward.

Far more so than learning to fly a DCS aircraft :)

I didn't even do that :megalol:

I probably should though, I get a bit of ghosting here and there.

Thanks for the replies.

I am running a i9 9900k at 5ghz rad cooled / Gygabyte extreme 2080ti waterforce oc / 32gb 3600 ram / 2tb Samsung m.2 drive / rog motherboard

Should I get the reverb to run smoothly? Using CV1 at moment.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.