How to repair warehouses of an airbase - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #1
dizzy27

Default How to repair warehouses of an airbase

I have a trouble after players destroying the warehouses of an airbase and I can not repair them, resulting unavailable ammo for aircrafts rearming/refueling. So how to repair the warehouses of an airbase(with scripts?), thanks a lot.
dizzy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
Pikey
Veteran

You can't.

Unless that script restarts the mission.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
Shahdoh

What about a script that respawns the static object (warehouse) under a certain condition? Or will that not relink into the warehouse system?
Shahdoh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:08 AM   #4
dizzy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahdoh View Post
What about a script that respawns the static object (warehouse) under a certain condition? Or will that not relink into the warehouse system?
Okay, I'll have a try
dizzy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #5
Zayets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahdoh View Post
That would be fine if you wouldn't have to assign suppliers manually for that particular airbase. But maybe it works if you are close enough, it works for FARPS if you cycle an ammo truck around it. If the truck is not close enough from the FARP then ground will be unable to comply, if it is within 100m you will hear "Copy" when you request rearm.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
Pikey
Veteran

Yeah as far as Airbase and Farp goes, the warehouse exists continually, I haven't tried to destroy a FARP recently although I messed up some code and my AI tried for an hour last week.
As far as a literal Warehouse from the static list goes, it can't be respawned normally with the links and contents intact to the Resource Manager. You can happily spawn more but they don't create chains.

One thing I never tried over the years was stealing the original .Id of the static farp. Most new Spawns without an Id are autogenerated by Mist or DCS SSE anyway, but I never tried to force it, in order to see if the Resource Manager functions were intact. Probably because I always used MOOSE's template style of spawning for the last two years and never considered it any earlier.

I don't think it will work, but you never know. Problem is i'm not quite ready to waste the time on another fruitless DCS adventure. Gimme a month and being bored.

Tags
warehouse repair